Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - OOC - Game is Running

Rhun

First Post
Well call me crazy, but I have decided to DM a third PBP game here at EN World. And considering that I want to run a d20 Future game really bad, it may be 4 before long. But with that said, let’s get on into the details of this game. Please read this post thoroughly before posting your interest.

Weekend Only Game:
This means that posting is only required on the weekends. Because of that, though, I am expecting players that can post 3-4 times throughout each day on Saturdays and Sundays. As the DM I may update the game during the week when I have time, but responses from the players are only required on the weekends. If you cannot commit to multiple posts on most weekends, please do not waste my time expressing interest in this game.

Dwellers of the Forbidden City
Since I’ve got this 1E adventure (originally ran for the AD&D tournament at Origins 1980) sitting on my shelf collecting dust, and I’ve always kind of liked it, I’ve decided that this is what I am going to run. I’m not sure how conducive it will be to PBP, and I will have made major changes from the original adventure, but it should be a fun experiment at any rate.

I am placing this adventure in the Forgotten Realms, although you will not have to be familiar with the material to be picked in this game. However, since PCs receive their languages and some other bonuses below based on what region they are from, if you do not have Forgotten Realms material let me know. We can work together and make sure we get your character set-up properly.

PC Generation
I am looking for 5 PCs of 5th level. Those who posted interest in the Weekend Gaming thread (found here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=180758) will get dibs on the first spots. That includes industrygothica, shayuri, voidrazor, dog45 and koboldstew. However, if any of these persons have decided after reading this that they are not interested, I will open their spots up to anyone else who posts their interest.

[size=-1]
5th Level, Staring XPs: 12,501
Point Buy: 33 point
Hit Points: Max at first level, 75% thereafter (round down even levels, up on odd levels)
Alignment: Any (although evil PCs must be able to coexist with and work alongside good PCs)
Feats: As normal, plus a free Regional Feat at first level
Skills: As per class/intelligence, +2 per level that must be spent on cross-class skills (I’m experimenting with PCs having a broader skill base here)
Allowed Resources: PHB, DMG, MMI, MMII, MMIII, EPH, CW, CA, CAv, CD, FRCS and Magic of Faerun; also, if it is in the SRD then I am probably okay with it. If you choose to play a Ranger, we will be using the non-spellcasting variant in the CW. Also, I plan on picking up the PHBII and DMGII pretty soon here, so I am okay with material from those sources, provided you give me the gist of the material.
Starting Wealth: 11,000 gp, plus starting equipment picked for your region
Campaign World: Forgotten Realms
Pantheon: Full Forgotten Realms Pantheon
Party Composition: I don’t care. Design the PCs you want to play. But, by the very nature of this adventure you are going to be cut-off from civilization for the most part. Thus, I highly recommend someone play a healer type of some sort.[/size]

Character concepts must be accompanied by a simple character background. If you are unfamiliar with Forgotten Realms, feel free to ask any questions. Also include description of the character. Please don’t roll for height and weight; use realistic values that fit the character. A 6’4” tall human male with Str 18 is going to weigh 300 lbs, not 180. This is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Limited recruitment will be open until December 11th. The persons I mentioned above have until this day to post their interest and a character concept. If any of the five persons listed have not posted their interest in playing, I will open this game up to others on the 11th.

Lastly, this game has to take a backseat to the commitment I’ve made to keep my other two games going. With that said, if for some reason I have to drop a game, this will be the first to go. I’m not anticipating this, but I wanted to give you all fair warning.

CAST OF CHARACTERS
Seril D’Ancor, elven Ranger 3/Fighter 2 (Falkus)
Abel Tel'Winya Anar, human Cleric 5 (industrygothica)
Talshia Nahadramen, human Conjurer 5 (Shayuri) - work in progress
Helios Pyre, lesser fire genasi Fire Domain Wizard 5 (Voidrazor)
Zeddicus Cobb, human Psion 1/ Duskblade 4 (dog45)
Sandor, lizardfolk druid 2 (Kobold Stew)

- All character concepts have been submitted.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
I'll try to throw something together. I'm thinking possibly a warmage but I have to think about the possibilities a bit longer.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Great. Thanks for doing this, btw.

A character concept I've had in mind for a while now, although maybe a bit too complicated due to being heavily multiclassed:

Oriah, a mute orphaned as a child, lived alone for some time in the wild (barbarian 1) before being found by (someone) and brought to Pelor's (or some other good deity) nearest temple. There the priests soon discover that Oriah has the ability to assault one with her mind (wilder 1), and decide to train her as a warrior in (whatever deity's) name.

I planned on giving her fighter levels and using a chain with a cranked up dexterity score, but a cleric or paladin would work as well, although I'm not sure how the spellcasting would work given that she is a mute.

Input?

IG

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:
Oriah, a mute orphaned as a child, lived alone for some time in the wild (barbarian 1) before being found by (someone) and brought to Pelor's (or some other good deity) nearest temple. There the priests soon discover that Oriah has the ability to assault one with her mind (wilder 1), and decide to train her as a warrior in (whatever deity's) name.

I planned on giving her fighter levels and using a chain with a cranked up dexterity score, but a cleric or paladin would work as well, although I'm not sure how the spellcasting would work given that she is a mute.

I'm willing to allow the PC to cast spells without being able to speak, seeing as she isn't going to be a primary caster. I'm not familiar with the Wilder...which book is that in, so I can read up on it?

My concern with this PC is that the inability to speak is going to make her quite difficult to roleplay. How would the interaction between her and the other PCs work?

Rhun

First Post
Voidrazor said:
I'll try to throw something together. I'm thinking possibly a warmage but I have to think about the possibilities a bit longer.

Cool. Arcane Casters are always appreciated. :D

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
I'm willing to allow the PC to cast spells without being able to speak, seeing as she isn't going to be a primary caster. I'm not familiar with the Wilder...which book is that in, so I can read up on it?

My concern with this PC is that the inability to speak is going to make her quite difficult to roleplay. How would the interaction between her and the other PCs work?

Honestly, I have no idea. ;) I guess with hand and facial gestures, along with her actions.

The Wilder is in the SRD, psionics section.

IG

Shayuri

First Post
I'm up for a warlock with fey heritage...or perhaps a dragonborn sorceror...

Hmmm! Kobold perhaps? HURM.

Calimshani firemage...or airmage. Bahahaha.

I shall get back to you.

Rhun

First Post
Shayuri said:
I'm up for a warlock with fey heritage...or perhaps a dragonborn sorceror...

Hmmm! Kobold perhaps? HURM.

Calimshani firemage...or airmage. Bahahaha.

I shall get back to you.

Those all sound pretty neat to me.

Endur

First Post
I won't be signing up for this (even though it sounds cool).

I have had some thoughts about weekend games, though.

I think I might be up for a weekend game, if it only took one weekend.

I need to think some more on how that would work, though.

Rhun

First Post
Endur said:
I think I might be up for a weekend game, if it only took one weekend.

I need to think some more on how that would work, though.

Could you do that? Certainly not through PBP, right? I've heard of sites that allow everyone to get on an play, like a big instant message sesssion kind of thing...but I've never tried it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases