Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - OOC - Game is Running

Falkus

Explorer
I've got an idea for a ranger/fighter aiming on becoming an Order of the Bow Initiate. I'll have a background and character sheet up in a day or two.

Rhun

First Post
Falkus said:
I've got an idea for a ranger/fighter aiming on becoming an Order of the Bow Initiate. I'll have a background and character sheet up in a day or two.

If dog45 decides he is out (and he has already said he is hesitant to pick up this game) then you can certainly be in.

Rhun

First Post
Rhun said:
If dog45 decides he is out (and he has already said he is hesitant to pick up this game) then you can certainly be in.

With that said, it looks like we've got concepts for:

2 arcane caster types
1 strange, mute wilder/fighter type
1 archer fighter type

Kobold Stew, if you are in, you may want to consider something with some healing ability...just a thought.

Endur

First Post
Rhun said:
Could you do that? Certainly not through PBP, right? I've heard of sites that allow everyone to get on an play, like a big instant message sesssion kind of thing...but I've never tried it.

That's what I was thinking. Probably won't work with a PBP.

I can resolve a multi-round combat in a weekend. But doing more than one combat in a weekend in a PBP environment seems unlikely. Heck more than one combat in a four hour RPG in person session can be difficult.

Massive Multiplayer Online games can go through lots of combats, but they have computers rolling the dice and figuring out all the bonuses.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Endur said:
That's what I was thinking. Probably won't work with a PBP.

I can resolve a multi-round combat in a weekend. But doing more than one combat in a weekend in a PBP environment seems unlikely. Heck more than one combat in a four hour RPG in person session can be difficult.

Massive Multiplayer Online games can go through lots of combats, but they have computers rolling the dice and figuring out all the bonuses.

Have you heard of OpenRPG? They call it a Virtual Tabletop, complete with realtime chat and mapping capabilities. At a glance it looks good, but I've never used it in a real gaming environment, so who knows. Might be worth a look though.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
With that said, it looks like we've got concepts for:

2 arcane caster types
1 strange, mute wilder/fighter type
1 archer fighter type

Kobold Stew, if you are in, you may want to consider something with some healing ability...just a thought.

I think that maybe instead of getting over-complicated with this character, I may pull her out until I can give her a bit more thought. Until then, I'd be perfectly content playing a cleric, I believe. Especially since I've never done it before. ;)

Rhun

First Post
industrygothica said:
I think that maybe instead of getting over-complicated with this character, I may pull her out until I can give her a bit more thought. Until then, I'd be perfectly content playing a cleric, I believe. Especially since I've never done it before. ;)

You've never played a cleric before? Really?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
You've never played a cleric before? Really?

Here's a funny story. Well, maybe not funny, but...

I started gaming several years ago. Almost everyone in our group was new to d&d except for the DM. Well, he moved after a while, and since I was the one with the majority of the books, I was elected to be the DM from then on, so I really never got a chance to play a lot of anything, except for the bad guys. ;)

Being here has not only helped me to grasp the rules a little better, but also afforded me the opportunity to play the characters I've never been able to. To be perfect honest, I think I enjoy playing here more than RL, which I haven't done in about three or four years.

So to make a long story short, no, I've never played a cleric. Or a barbarian. Or a monk. Or a... well, you get the picture. ;) (Although I've played a rogue or two in my day.)

Rhun

First Post
Yeah, I've DM'd the majority of my life as well, though I would guess that since I started playing (circa 1981 or so), I've played at least 100 different characters. My tabletop group only meets like once a month or so these days, so I too have had to get my fill of roleplaying here doing PBPs.

It is a lot slower than a tabletop game, but you also have a lot of options in PBP that are harder to do face to face, so it works out.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
Yeah, I've DM'd the majority of my life as well, though I would guess that since I started playing (circa 1981 or so), I've played at least 100 different characters. My tabletop group only meets like once a month or so these days, so I too have had to get my fill of roleplaying here doing PBPs.

It is a lot slower than a tabletop game, but you also have a lot of options in PBP that are harder to do face to face, so it works out.

I didn't start gaming until about 2001 or so, so you have a few years experience on me. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases