Robin Hood 1x09 "A Thing Or Two About Loyalty"

Brakkart

First Post
I actually missed this episode. Completely forgot that it was on! Anyway here is a synopsis of the episodes plot:

Castle scientist Lambert has invented explosive black powder. Realising that it could become a lethal weapon in the wrong hands, he hides his ledger detailing the secret formula.

Not even Lambert's friendship with Gisborne can save him from the wrath of the Sheriff who tortures him until he speaks.

In order to discover the ledger's whereabouts, Much gets himself arrested. But the Sheriff throws a spanner in the works by appointing Much Earl of Bonchurch as a ploy to spy on him.

As Much is shipped off to his new estate, Lambert reveals the ledger's whereabouts to Robin.

Elsewhere, Much falls head over heels for servant girl Eve, unaware she's the Sheriff's spy. However, Eve betrays the Sheriff by giving him false information about the ledger's location.

Discovering Robin has salvaged the ledger and knows the location of the black powder, the Sheriff and Gisborne endeavour to move it. However their, attempts are thwarted when Robin blows the entire lot up.

Against Djaq's wishes, Robin throws the ledger into the fire. But when the gang aren't looking, she salvages it from the flames. Unknown to Djaq, Robin has seen her...

Last edited:

BrooklynKnight

First Post
Actually Much was ALWAYS aware she was the Sherrif's spy ....

You can tell as much because he SAYS so, and he even hides the note Marian gave him when he takes the bath because he knew the girl saw him take it.

Despite knowing she was a spy he still fell for her, but she fell for HIM (because despite being a complainer he's an honorable dude with a good heart). It was then she admitted to being one, and volunteered to lie to the Sherrif.

Also, I think Robin intentionally placed the ledger at the end of the fire KNOWING Jaq would take it.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
One more thing, typically these are spoiler threads. You should just edit your thread to include spoiler in the title. The whole point of them is to discuss the episode.

delericho

Legend
I felt this episode was fatally flawed -
when Eve told the sheriff that Robin had hidden the ledger in the barrels of powder, off they raced to recover it. But they didn't consider for even a moment that they had hidden the powder in a safe place, and Robin didn't know where it was.

Apart from that, I enjoyed it a great deal.

Oh, I was rather perplexed by their insistence on calling the black powder "Greek fire" throughout.

Remove ads