What can you do with 23 gallons ....

Nonlethal Force

First Post
... of beer?

Not to talk about alchohol or anything, but I was watching this episode on the History Channel (I think). It was about the Little Ice Age. Among a ton of really cool historical tidbits they said that the average American drinks 23 gallon of beer per year.

Wow. That just sounds like a lot. Between my wife and I, we hardly drink that much milk in a year and that's two people! Although, come to think about it I do drink about 3 times that in Wal-Mart's Clear American flavored water...

Anyway, like I said. I don't drink (Except for a bit of communion wine here and there) so someone out there is enjoying my 23 gallons for me.

I just thought I would share. I was kinda amazed at that total.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Nonlethal Force said:
Among a ton of really cool historical tidbits they said that the average American drinks 23 gallon of beer per year.

Wow. That just sounds like a lot.

It averages out to roughly 2 cans of beer every three days.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Umbran said:
It averages out to roughly 2 cans of beer every three days.

Hey, thanks for the daily equivalency! Good to know. 2 cans every three days is not that big of a deal ... if it would be done in that fashion. I wonder how much of that is college binge drinking on weekends? Living so close to Penn State University and knowing that for several years there it was voted the #1 party school in the nation, I've gotten a fair taste of that, too.

kenobi65

First Post
What can you do with 23 gallons of beer? Put out a fire:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086373/

Counterbalancing all of the low-beer-drinking totals here on EN World, keep in mind that there's a fair number of people out there who relax after work every night with a 6-pack while watching TV. And, a fair number of people who have far more than 2 beers every Friday and Saturday night.

(You remember these people...they're the ones who shoved us into our lockers and gave us swirlies in high school.... ;) )

Scotley

Hero
Whoa, I'm at least 18 gallons behind this year. I better get busy. If my posting deteriorates or improves signicantly in the next three weeks you'll know I'm getting caught up.

Cheers!

buzzard

First Post
Not to get into numbers, but I rather suspect I exceed that average handily. Back in my college days, I simply killed that number and buried it. Heck we regularly drank a gallon a night every weekend.

buzzard

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
I average a pint and a half a day, so that's about 68 gallons.

No wonder those pants I bought last May were a little tight this morning.... :uhoh:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases