List of All Settings?

Yair

Community Supporter
I'd like a list of all D&D 3.x settings. I mean settings where there system is assumed to be D&D 3.x, with minimum to no changes and/or additions. Eberron for example - some changes (Action Points), some additions (new classes, feats, races...), but for the most part just regular D&D. Diamond Throne would be an example of what I don't mean - the setting assumes a different Player's Handbook, totally different classes and races, and so on.

I only want published settings, not fan-made stuff. And I only want pretty comprehensive worlds, not just a city-and-soroundings (like, say, Ptolus). Clarification Take 2: What I'm looking for are worlds, not locations. Products that detail only a section of the world are acceptable, but only if the world is also described as a whole and in significant detail.

This is my list so far (please let me know of more):

Accordlands (Warlords of the Accordlands)
Arcanis
Blackmoor
Black Company Campaign Setting (arguably, lots of changes)
Dawnforge
Diomin
Dragonlords of Malnibone (?)
Dreadmire
Dungeonworld
Eberron
Echoes of Heaven
Erde (by Troll Lord Games)
Forgotten Realms
Hunt: Rise of Evil
Iron Kingdoms
Kingdoms of Kalamar
Krynn/Dragonlance
Living Greyhawk (as in "Gazetteer")
Midnight (arguably, lots of changes)
Morningstar
Murchad's Legacy
Necropolis (partial?)
Nyambe
Oathbound
Praemal (in Ptolus)
Ravenloft
Ragnarork! (Norse world)
Second World (half the world)
Scarred Lands
Spiros Blaak (lots of rules, little setting?)
The Known Worlds (DCC#35)
The Kyngdoms Campaign Setting
Twilight of Atlantis (Greek-centered)
Twin Crowns by Living Imagination
Valus (?)
War in Helios (Egyptian-focused)
Warcraft (?)
Wilderlands of High Fantasy (?)

Edit: I update the list, so thanks to all whose input is incorporated in it!

Last edited:

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Dawn Forge
Oathbound

[Edit: Whoops! Just saw the bit about not wanting narrowly focused settings like Ptolus.]

Rhun

First Post
Morningstar...can't remember if that is actually the setting name without looking, but I think so.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Accordlands (Warlords of the Accordlands). Despite some mis-information on this forum, you do still need copies of at least the D&D PHB and DMG (the Warlords Master Codex does not contain complete rules for combat or awarding experience) to play (though if you want normal animals in your games, you'll need the MM, as well).

Black Company Campaign Setting. Many changes (most notably to magic), but you still need the D&D PHB, DMG, and MM to make use of it. This probably falls into the same category as Midnight does.

Spiros Blaak. Marketed as a setting, but largely just a collection of optional rules for use with D&D (I'm not sure if a more lengthy world book was ever released for the setting).

Last edited:

Psion

Adventurer
Yair said:
And I only want pretty comprehensive worlds, not just a city-and-soroundings (like, say, Ptolus).

Well, I question your exclusion, but this is your thread.

But as I am interested in mini-settings, I started a thread to capture them over here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=182275

Where do you draw the line? Valus and Mindshadows depict island nations. Those'll be in my list, but they might be in yours, too.

Last edited:

Yair

Community Supporter
Psion said:
Well, I question your exclusion, but this is your thread.

But as I am interested in mini-settings, I started a thread to capture them over here:
http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=182275

Where do you draw the line? Valus and Mindshadows depict island nations. Those'll be in my list, but they might be in yours, too.
I'm interested in "imaginary worlds" rather than "modular mini-settings you can stick in your world". I admit size isn't a very good criteria here, perhaps I need to rethink it. What I'm intersted in is listing down the possible worlds to play in that has been offered over the years. The "Scarred Lands" isn't just a piece of land you can stick the next island over, it's a whole world that works together and does not work as part of another world. Mindshadows struck me as a bit too modular to be a world, it's more like a mini-setting than a setting IMO. I'm not familiar with Valus, but I suspect it might actually work out much more like a world onto intself than as a mini-setting. No?

Remove ads