A question about nothing futuristic...

Venisad

First Post
It may or may not have been brought up before, but Illithids...

It is known (maybe not well known, but still known) that Illithids come from the future, if you do not believe me, read Lords of Madness and a few other articles on the Illithids (Mind Flayers), the come from the future, so would they be legal in any setting of the ISRP?

Magi_Trelian

First Post
They're legal in the Sigil rooms (Great Bazaar and Cage) whether openly or in disguise. In the Oerth and Faerun non-combat rooms (CrossRoads Tavern, Garden, Rotunda), they should be in complete disguise (see Siani and Nashira for official rulings). In the TMP... interesting question!

Mainly, for most rooms, it doesn't matter whether they come from the future as long as they're a recognized part of some medievalish fantasy RPing. Even if they come from the future, they're now in the main non-futuristic stories. And remember this is ISRP, not D&D, so we don't always follow canon anyway. We use D&D settings because that's our history and because info on them is easily obtainable over the web even by non-D&D players.

By the way, we also allow Pern dragons because people can play with them as cognates to other fantasy RPG dragons. Even if they're really genetically manipulated scifi beasties instead of fantasy ones. :)

Magi_Trelian

First Post
That would be up to Magi Brigid to rule on, since she's the setting coordinator for TMP. I'll check next time I see her to make sure she's seen this.

Slyen

First Post
They also were in the back of the main book for D20 Modern. Mainly as part of the enimes for the game master that were mostly ripped right from the Monster Manual but also highlighted in the Psionic example setting.

As for them being from the future, thats news to me. Ultimtly its up to the DM, and I perfer to run them as a ancient race rather than one that jumped back in time. If they could, why didn't they bring anything like guns with them for instance?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases