Eberron Iteration - Orphans of Cyre

The803

First Post
This is intended to be an introduction to a modified Eberron setting. I want to explore the possibilities and boundaries of the setting without any rules getting in the way (at first). Many additions will come from AEG's d20 version of 7th Sea (like black powder weapons), but I'll also have some big surprises. Mostly, don't sweat the rules for now.

This will start as a free-form game about human orphans from Cyre in Sharn. I have a specific storyline in mind, but I'm looking for smart and dedicated roleplayers to share it with. I'm hoping the prospect of starting in the game as small children will scare off the people who roleplay like small children. I also want a group that likes to explore; familiarity with Eberron and/or Sharn is not required.

I'm looking for any number of players who can post pretty much every day, especially during the week. I want to do this for a while to develop a sense of who wants to explore the game-world further. The only thing I ask in the beginning is that everyone stick together. Leave a message here if you're interested.

Kularian

First Post
The803 said:
This will start as a free-form game about human orphans from Cyre in Sharn. I have a specific storyline in mind, but I'm looking for smart and dedicated roleplayers to share it with. I'm hoping the prospect of starting in the game as small children will scare off the people who roleplay like small children. I also want a group that likes to explore; familiarity with Eberron and/or Sharn is not required.

I'm looking for any number of players who can post pretty much every day, especially during the week. I want to do this for a while to develop a sense of who wants to explore the game-world further. The only thing I ask in the beginning is that everyone stick together. Leave a message here if you're interested.

So, by free-form, you mean essentially straight-up RPing, then? No stats, nothing other than the wits of the player? Then I'm more than game, :p I've got the Eberron Campaign setting, and I've glanced at it, so that's as far as my familiarity goes, hehe.

I can post pretty much every day, though my weekends are often dicey. If you're just looking for interest, you've got mine. If you want a character personality sketch, lemme know.

Kular

The803

First Post
Kularian said:
So, by free-form, you mean essentially straight-up RPing, then? No stats, nothing other than the wits of the player?
There will be stats and rules and such, but not d20, and not that you need to know about. As a kid you have to just rely on your wits and figure out on your own what your character is good at.

Paper_Bard said:
Can I be a changeling?
Yes, however...

Every character starts the game with the six d20 Ability scores, the capacity to use any d20 skill that can be used untrained, (4 + Con mod) hit points, and a personality sketch that describes them. You have no feats, no racial abilities, no class levels, and no money or gear to speak of.

You can put whatever you like in the personality sketch, but I do want to know the following four things about each character:
  1. What are you most deeply afraid of?
  2. What makes you angry enough to do foolish things?
  3. What is your primary passion or obsession in life?
  4. What is noble and heroic about you?
Your character may not know these things, but you, the player do. You can be as concrete or abstract as you like; a fear of snakes is concrete, fear of failure is abstract. Try to pick things that you will act on a lot; I will customize the story to fit these.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases