Doctor Who: Love and Monsters

delericho

Legend
Frukathka said:
Refresh my memory as to the plot in that episode.

It's the 2012 London Olympics, and the Doctor and Rose find themselves on an estate where children keep mysteriously disappearing.

And there's a little girl who is busy drawing pictures.

It ends with the lighting of the Olympic flame.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
delericho said:
It's the 2012 London Olympics, and the Doctor and Rose find themselves on an estate where children keep mysteriously disappearing.

And there's a little girl who is busy drawing pictures.

It ends with the lighting of the Olympic flame.
Is theis the one with alien in the TVs?

Prince Atom

Explorer
My wife woke me up in the middle of the night after watching this episode by exclaiming, "Moaning Myrtle!" I said I was happy that she'd remembered where she'd seen Ursula before, and rolled back over.

I was sad for Elton's "family," but most of all for Ursula. She now faces the problem that most immortal people face when they get involved with mortals: Eventually, Elton's going to grow old and die. I'm afraid that Ursula's going to end up being stuck in an attic or otherwise disposed of by descendents who are ashamed of her ("My adoptive grandmother's a freak!").

All in all I thought it was a fun episode. I'd rather have let Ursula discorporate myself, but I wasn't the writer.

Think I'll mosey on over to SciFi.com and see what's up day after tomorrow.

TWK

Last edited:

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
I enjoyed the episode, thought it was entertaining and I recognized Moaning Myrtle right away. I wouldn't want too many more like this. Maybe one every other season but that would be about it, anymore would be annoying IMO.

Wycen

Explorer
Since I don't see a thread for the crap episode that aired tonight I can say even with the absorboloft, Love and Monsters was better than the girl drawing people into pictures. And I only saw the last half of the episode.

dravot

First Post
Wycen said:
Since I don't see a thread for the crap episode that aired tonight I can say even with the absorboloft, Love and Monsters was better than the girl drawing people into pictures. And I only saw the last half of the episode.

I thought that there was a wonderful creepiness to the capture-people-in-drawings aspect, but the explanation for why, and how it got fixed, and the torch thing was pretty sad.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases