Anti-Undead Rogue

Wavestone

Explorer
Skullclan Hunter PrC from MiniHB lets you sneak attack undead. You need at least one level of cleric, IIRC (Away from books now..)

The Cleric spell Gravestrike likewise allows sneak attacking undead, but I assume you know this as you asked for feats/Prc..

One level in cleric also gives access to divine feats - there is one that grants +2d6 damage to undead for 1 rd.. CompDiv?

Libris Mortis has a few feats that is good defense vs undead (mostly helping resist drains and undead abilities)

hanniball

First Post
When my Rogues have encountered undead, they've always just switched into UMD-mode. Use Magic Device is your best friend versus creatures immune to your sneak attack. Grabbing a Wand of Scorching Ray is an easy way to dish out a decent amount of damage.

If you are a Divine spellcasting Rogue, the feat Razing Strike (complete adventurer) can be useful for getting bonuses to hit/damage versus undead.

Finally, the [style] feat Lightning Mace is a great option for Rogues in general, but may also be useful against undead. It's a bit of a stretch, but the feat states whenever you "roll a threat on an attack roll" you get to attack again. Normally, undead are immune to critical hits, but that doesn't stop you from "rolling a threat." Dubious, I know, but potentially useful.

either way...just my 2 cp

moritheil

First Post
Is this the 11th thread on this topic in the past few months?

PHB II has an option for rogues to forego some SA and instead grant their allies a bonus to hit. I believe it's called hindering strike. It works against anything, including things immune to criticals and sneak attacks.

hanniball

First Post
moritheil said:
Is this the 11th thread on this topic in the past few months?

I wouldn't know, I just registered today...

moritheil said:
PHB II has an option for rogues to forego some SA and instead grant their allies a bonus to hit. I believe it's called hindering strike. It works against anything, including things immune to criticals and sneak attacks.

Disruptive Attack, IIRC.

Klaus

First Post
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft has a new guild, the Lightbringers. A rogue that belongs to the Lightbringers can choose to forego (iirc) trap sense and in return be able to do half sneak attack damage to undead.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases