The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

BRP2, by my count HL should have 52 skill points and you have spent only 48. Also, what languages do you want for HL? And, from the provided background, it sounds like you have set the character up to possibly take future levels in wizard. This wasn't indicated during recruitment, so I wanted to call attention to it to make sure I correctly understand. It's not a problem, I was just curious. And it may affect what class levels other find themselves considering for future levels as well.

SlagMortar, if Brakkus is wearing his scale mail, carrying his backpack of gear, and his tower shield, and his three weapons, his encumbrance looks to be 113 lbs. This puts the character at medium encumbered with a movement of 20 ft, not 30. I'm not certain which items of gear you considered when you suggested 30 ft movement. The bit and bridle for Chopped Liver are free. This item isn't detailed in the v3.5 PHB so from now on in this game it's included in the saddle cost. You buy a sadle for a horse, you get the bit and bridle with it. You had 240 gp to spend on Brakkus. I calculate that you haven't spent nearly that and should have more leftover than what is indicated on your sheet. I calculate that you've overspent on skill points. Brakkus should have 20 points to spend. Knowledge (nobility) and Listen aren't class skills for fighters and cost double.

Let me know if you feel I have any of the above in error.

Strahd, it's not core but I'm okay with how you arrived at Gamad's 4 Charisma by reducing the original base in order to boost another stat, but I want to make sure you understand what will happen during play with regard to such a low Charisma score. As an albino, Gamad is going to be charged 10% extra on anything he wants to buy after character creation. Spell components, gear, food, drink, fees, dues, the works. He'll be shunned and not just by dwarves. Conversely, if you don't want to stick to the 4 Charisma, then you can certainly re-arrange your stats using the original base of 8 as written in the DMG and adjust accordingly on your character sheet. Let me know your preference.

Voadam, thanks for the link to the other RG thread containing Voadam as a barbarian/wizard. Gave me a pseudo window into the future with how you want to do levels in wizard then eldritch knight. All I see for right now is that wild empathy should be +2, not +0. Knowledge (dungeoneering) looks like it should be +7, not +5. Mongolic isn't a language choice. If you intend to stick to the background in the RG (not sure if that was a cut and paste job or not...), I recommend you go with Nordic from my homebrew languages. This'd put Voadam as a native of The Continent to the south of Edaesmyd. Will let you stew on that.

Rino

First Post
i'm still going for that cleric, but i have a question: does a shield bash automaticly count a offhand attack? even when it is your only attack that round?

CanadienneBacon said:
Strahd, it's not core but I'm okay with how you arrived at Gamad's 4 Charisma by reducing the original base in order to boost another stat, but I want to make sure you understand what will happen during play with regard to such a low Charisma score. As an albino, Gamad is going to be charged 10% extra on anything he wants to buy after character creation. Spell components, gear, food, drink, fees, dues, the works. He'll be shunned and not just by dwarves. Conversely, if you don't want to stick to the 4 Charisma, then you can certainly re-arrange your stats using the original base of 8 as written in the DMG and adjust accordingly on your character sheet. Let me know your preference.

No Problem, Playing a Deformed, Albino and shunned by his own kind is a good challenge. I'll adjust the prices and drop several items he bought in the human cities.
I'll stick to the 4 charisma score and play as best as I can.
Something tells me that Eagle's splendor with change self will be a handy spells in the future.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
ARG! I just saw this thread. I was expecting CB to post a link once she started up the new tribe threads. I'll get Pilgrim up asap.
BTW.. It's too late now but If Tassy TOLD Pilgrim to accept the evil goblin that he would without asking why. I would think the infighting would be classic.

Pilgrim: "Oh please don't kill the townsgirl. She didn't mean to scream when you asked for a fork."

Mael: "Shut you're pie hole Kobold." /continues to puncture her lung with his stilletto.

Pilgrim: "But Tassomyr says to never kill the innocent. What do you think Gamad?

SlagMortar

First Post
Thanks for looking Brakkus over CB and sorry for the mistakes.

I wrote his speed before I did his equipment. Scale mail also reduces movement to 20 feet so he's definitely at 20 feet. I broke out what his standard carrying load is and what he usually keeps on his horse. I'll have to remember when we go into a dungeon to take the rope with me.

Thanks for the money note. I was going with 200 for some reason. For now I just added that back to his current cash.

You are right on the skills. Corrected Knowledge (Nobility) to 2 ranks. I knew that, but I guess my fingers didn't when I was typing. :) Note, I also swapped out climb for handle animal. Maybe Brakkus can train Chop Liver into some semblance of a real mount.

Argent Silvermage said:
ARG! I just saw this thread. I was expecting CB to post a link once she started up the new tribe threads. I'll get Pilgrim up asap.
BTW.. It's too late now but If Tassy TOLD Pilgrim to accept the evil goblin that he would without asking why. I would think the infighting would be classic.

Pilgrim: "Oh please don't kill the townsgirl. She didn't mean to scream when you asked for a fork."

Mael: "Shut you're pie hole Kobold." /continues to puncture her lung with his stilletto.

Pilgrim: "But Tassomyr says to never kill the innocent. What do you think Gamad?
Kill the wench, she laughed at my sight. :D

Strahd, during character creation, buy your gear at normal cost. We'll apply the 10% penalty for extra low Charisma only after play starts.

Rino, are you asking because you're drawing up a cleric of Lodi? Man, is this going to be one interesting party. If you use a heavy shield to make an attack and that's the only "weapon" you're wielding and using that round, then it will not be counted as an off-hand weapon. The attack will, however, cause you to lose the shield's bonus to AC until your next action (usually the next round). Hope that helps.

SlagMortar, don't worry about the small errors. It's part of playing most of the time.

Remove ads