The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

Ambrus said:
Do you have any suggestions on where the Tribelands might be located, which gods the goblins likely worship and which languages they might know?

Marrund is a mountainous region of dwarves, giants, ogres, and other cave-dwelling or temperate forest-dwelling creatures, goblins included. Other than the obvious choices of common and goblin, which I shall leave off mentioning for this and the other regions I'll detail, a goblin from Marrund might speak dwarvish, giant, gnomish, gnoll, orcish, undercommon, draconic, or runic. There be dragons.

Gwyund is "infested" with goblins. Gwyund is mountains right down to the sea. Language choices might include gaelic, dwarvish, gnomish, runic, sylvan, or giant.

Landaesmyd and Lucmyd have goblins who live as tribes on the open plains, holing up down in warrens to sleep or during the winter. Landaesmyd offers halfling, orcish, gnoll, and terran as viable choices. Lucmyd offers gaelic, gnoll, and terran in addition to the other two standards.

On The Continent, Maelicent might have hailed from Narnia or the Nordlands. Language choices for both include dwarvish, runic, draconic, gnoll, undercommon, and giant. Emphasis on dwarvish for Narnia, as that's traditionally the homeland of the dwarven deity Narn (the Father of Battle in my homebrew).

I hope these choices help. Let me know if they don't, or if you have other questions.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Ambrus said:
Although I appreciate Argent's compromise of sorts, I still fail to see how Tassomyre's command would help maintain pilgrim's paladinhood. Although Tassomyre is a good leader for the kobold, it's Bahamut that grants Pilgrim's divine abilities. Not associating with evil creatures is a class requirement. If CB wants to house-rule that Bahamut has no issues with his paladins chumming around with evil people then that's her call. The platinum dragon being such a staunch opponent of evil however, I'd find it rather odd myself. :\
It could be that Bahamut sees something in your charactewr that even you don't see. (just a suggestion.)

Ambrus

Explorer
Yes, I think I'll give the campaign a try.
CanadienneBacon said:
I hope these choices help. Let me know if they don't, or if you have other questions.
The choices are interesting; I imagine the Tribelands to be in some forested hilly area with access to some parts of the underdark, somewhat isolated but within raiding distance of some human settlements from which the those murderous adventurers came from. Although Ideally it also shouldn't be too far from the region where the Golden Cockatrice is located. Which most sounds like the right one?

Also, which gods do the goblins likely worship?
Argent Silvermage said:
It could be that Bahamut sees something in your charactewr that even you don't see. (just a suggestion.)
What does Mael care if some mythical lizard god has taken a liking to him? ;)

If you'd like to be close to Teggest, I recommend you go with the nation in the setting's heartland, Edaesmyd. It's forested hillocks in the north that give way to plains in the south where Teggest is.

Goblins most often worship Reven (CE God of Destruction), the Tinker (CN "Meddler"), Lodi (NE God of Secrecy--a dwarven god, but the way I play it is that every culture has their take on most of the deities...Lodi would be a goblin figure in goblin society), or Tinuviel (CN, Goddess of Vengeance). In standard format, Reven is human, the Tinker is a gnome, Lodi is a dwarf, and Tinuviel is an elf. Goblins would envision each quite differently; I am open to your interpretation.

As part of a more animistic, natural world, Goblins might also be inclined to be interested in dragons. Dragons are big, fiery, fierce, scary creatures that might instill panic/worship in a goblin. You might want to take a look at the dragon pantheon for that reason. Dragons haven't been seen for aeons in this setting, but then again the setting is on the cusp of a Turning where dragons come back into power and men are diminished. How funny would it be if a lowly goblin were a frontrunner to a new epoch?

Never did see a character concept from Rino, and it's Tuesday, so I'm opening this up for recruitment. Kauai team needs a cleric. First person to submit a viable cleric concept gets the slot.

Feel free to fire away with any questions you might have.

Rino

First Post
i hope you give clerics free proficentie in the dieties favored wapon

Dter Spiritbreaker
male dwarven cleric 1
Experience Points: 0
Alignment: NE
Deity: Lodi the axeless
Homeland: Unknown

Height: 4'3”
Weight: 139lbs.
Hair: bald
Eyes: gray

Strength 14 (+2) [14 base (6 pts)]
Dexterity 12 (+1) [12 base (4 pts)]
Constitution 16 (+3) [14 base (6 pts) + 2 racial]
Intelligence 12 (+1) [12 base (4 pts)]
Wisdom 16 (+3) [16 base (10 pts) ]
Charisma 8 (-1) [10 base (2 pts) -2 racial]

Class and Racial Abilities
# + 2 constitution / -2 charisma (already included)
# Can move 20 feet even if in heavy armor
# Darkvision (see 60 feet in pitch-dark)
# Stonecunning ( + 2 on searching stone, intuit depth)
# + 4 to avoid being bullrushed while standing on ground
# + 2 racial bonus on saves vs. poison
# + 2 racial bonus on saves vs. spells / spell-like abilities
# + 1 racial bonus to hit orcs and goblinoids
# + 4 dodge bonus on AC against giants
# + 2 racial bonus on appraise checks if stone/metal

Cleric
* Alignment Aura
* Spontaneous Casting (harm)
* Rebuke Undead (2x/day)
* domain: magic and trickery

Armour Class: 18 (10 base, +5 armour +1dex +2 shield [touch 11, flat-footed 17]
Armour Check Penalty: -7
Arcane Spell Failure: -
Hit Dice: 1d8+3
Hit Points: 11
Initiative: +1
Speed: 20f. (20 feet base)

Base Attack Bonus/Grapple: +0/+2

Weapons

+2 spiked wooden heavy shield 1d6+2 20/x2 piercing

Saves
Fortitude +5 [2 base +3 con]
Reflex +1 [0 base, +1 Dex]
Will +6 [2 base, +4 Wis]

Skills (12 points; max ranks: 4/2)
concentrate (3+3=6)
bluff (2-1=1)
heal (3+3=6)
knowledge (religion) (3+1=4)
knowledge (history) (1+1=2)

Feats
1: imp. shield bash

Languages
Common, dwarven, goblin

Equipment: total
chain mail 150gc
holy symbol 5gc
spiked heavy wooden shield 17gc
Explorer’s Outfit (green-brown)
backpack 2 gc:
- bed roll 1 sc
- trail rations x15 75cc
- waterskin 1gc
- whetstone 2cc
- flint and steel 1gc
- potion of CLW 50gc

spells: (3;2+1)
0:
2x read magic
1x cure minor wounds

1:
2x cure light wounds

Money:
23gc
86sc
5cc

Rino, I was about to give your slot away but, happily, you posted the character. The space can still be yours, so let's vet your PC real quick and get you to post him in the RG. The feat and weapon selection are just fine for this campaign, no worries there. When you go to type up the RG entry, if you could please edit "+2 spiked wooden heavy shield" to "spiked wooden heavy shield +2 atk,..." that would be helpful. It'd prevent me from thinking your character has a +2 shield. :) I believe your will save should go at +5, not +6...the PC has a 16 for Wisdom. Clerics get 200 gp of max gold to start. You've overspent. Please let me know which item(s) you prefer to drop. Which first level domain spell did you want to prepare?

CB, Please present to me the situation that we are going to be in the first post of the IC, so I will prepare spell as desire for "Pub situation" or "Street situation" or "Falling into the sewers situation"
Thanks
Gamad the Transmuter.

Remove ads