The Rod of Seven Parts: Kauai Team OOC

BRP2, I don't see languages on Lewit's character sheet. You might want to amend that.

A note to all...if you spot what you feel may be a DM error, let me know. I'm open to the possibility of me making errors and, when I do, will gladly correct things in the IC. All I ask is that you point out any potential errors in a civil manner. :)

You all will benefit from a map. I will have time to do up a map for you this evening. I'm sorry it won't be sooner, but I need to head out for a while. If you would prefer to delay posting until you see the map, that will be fine.

I'll also take this opportunity to remind everyone that I don't post on weekends most of the time. Monday is New Year's, and so I will see all of you again in the IC on Tuesday. But I will get your map to you before the night's out, no worries.

SlagMortar

First Post
CB, do you have rules about PvP? I'm not out to get Brakkus in a PvP combat, but from Brakkus' point of view, Dter just attacked one of the few people Brakkus knows is on his side.

Rino

First Post
my mistake, misread that there was a spider or something else that was attacking. so i thought frane or that other NPC was giving trouble.

Judging by his profile tag, Rino is from Holland. Rino, do I correctly guess that you are not a native speaker of english? Apologies if I'm mistaken in that guess, but it might be that you found something in my wording funny.

I wondered about Dter's action when I read what you posted for him with regard to attacking either Cheal or Frane, but figuring that you knew your character best, I went with Dter attacking Frane because you'd said he'd attack whichever of the two of them was closest, and Frane was. I also took into consideration that Dter is NE. While I confess I wasn't sure what exactly you were up to, I allowed the attack on Frane even though I was hesitant. Next time, if I'm hesitant, I will pop into the OOC to ask.

Regarding player vs. player combat, I don't care for it. I said at the start that any alignment would be acceptable, and I meant it, but I also stated at the start that regardless of alignment there would need to be an emphasis on getting along and working together. That said, your characters are your own. I am willing to adjudicate player vs. player combat, but on a short leash and I certainly won't tolerate it over the long haul. If that sort of thing goes on, PCs will probably end up becoming NPCs. I don't mean that rudely, but there you have it. I'm not expecting it to become an issue, though. You all seem very reasonable.

To rectify the situation in the IC, I can edit Dter's action so that he does not attack Frane. We're just starting off and party cohesiveness will be important; it'd be a shame to spoil cohesiveness simply because of meta-miscommunication. If you don't want to go the editing route, then Brakkus is free to react however he sees fit. I'm open to any other ideas for a fix that you might have.

Rino

First Post
i can solve that IC, and NE is the perfect alignment to get away with it if i play it out the right way.

btw, my post will normaly be pretty short and to the point

SlagMortar

First Post
That's sounds fine with me. Dter will have some explaining to do, but Brakkus will certainly give him the chance as long as he stops attacking the 'good' guys. Brakkus is Lawful Good so is certainly not spoiling for a fight with anyone he was sitting with peacefully a moment ago.

Combat post has been continued. I need to pause mid-round, however, to see if Brakkus, Dter, or Voadam want to re-state actions this round. A lot has changed in the environment, so to be fair (and not really knowing what Brakkus would do given a new foe but being pretty badly wounded), I need to pause. Map's up. Let me know if you need more info.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases