did u use the weird itens at "the book of marvelous magic"?

rossik

Explorer
now, thats an odd book

many itens seems to be joke-itens, like "alternate world gate", where the pcs find, for emeple, alaser pistol, and when they take it, a robot from gamma world appears and take the iten back.same for blackjack/agent/top secret , lute/bard/ad&d, violin case/gangster/gangbuster.......

magic food stains? no problem, use soap of washing, or tub of washing!

carnivorous ballons, barrel of monkeys, cameo of appearance,ruby slippers (you ta them together to travel out of plane - familar to you??)

sure, thy are funny, but did any of you have used any of these? :)

Huw

First Post
I used this a lot, but then I also used giant space hamsters.

Anyway, I used the balloons, I had the winemaking biscuit as a treasure, and I also used several of the sensible ones. I just can't remember the names of the sensible ones off-hand.

Rhun

First Post
I've got it sitting on a shelf at home. Used a few of the items out of it, but I can't really recall which off the top of my head.

frankthedm

First Post
Whoops! I mixed up this book with the BoMM...

tsr9220.jpg

It was good for a laugh in the basic D&D days, back when making modern conveniences with magic was expected to produce hilarious tragedy. Given how reliable wotc seem to want magic to be nowadays, one could drop the drawbacks and put a few of those things into Ebberon.

A Leonardo Da Vinci style tank with a magic missile and fireball wands as turrents was a joke back in the 80’s.

In Ebberon, this joke fits right in with the setting. Especially with that new Fire 3 wands at once! item.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases