It's dead, Jim -- returning after dead hard drive

Wombat

First Post
**sigh**

It's been weeks since I've been here (or anywhere else on the 'Net).

My hard drive died about three weeks ago. I finally have a new one and didn't loose too much material (I am a paranoid saver-to-cds), but I did lose most of my Regency Magica project files as well as about a hundred photos. :(

Still, it's good to be back. :)

Mycanid

First Post
Wombat said:
**sigh**

It's been weeks since I've been here (or anywhere else on the 'Net).

My hard drive died about three weeks ago. I finally have a new one and didn't loose too much material (I am a paranoid saver-to-cds), but I did lose most of my Regency Magica project files as well as about a hundred photos. :(

Still, it's good to be back. :)

Well my good sir ... there ARE some advantages to being "paranoic" in saving files off of the computer, as you found out the hard way, unfortunately. :(

Still a hearty welcome back to to you! :)

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Yep, being paranoid about your data makes you happy in the end. In the past two years I've lost two hard drives. Of course I run an array of four on my main PC and run them hard so it's not that bad. But if I didn't backup to DVDs every week and a half I'd really have been hurting, it's where I keep most of my DM notes and game material. (It's kinda expensive too when each backup eats twelve DVDs not saving programs or system data just personal files)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
BOZ said:
man, a hard drive crash is one of the worst feelings in the world. :p
True that. I had to deal with it twice with my new computer. I lost a lot of my music files the first time around. Then I burned a DVD of all my Music CD WMA files, so that I wouldn't have to rip 'em again. Lately I am thankful for my external hard drive, which I have had for almost a year.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases