Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Rhun

First Post
Dwellers of the Forbidden City

OOC Thread

Rogue’s Gallery

You’ve spent the last several weeks traipsing through the hot, fetid Black Jungles of Tashalar, trying to complete a fat contact offered you by the Rundeen. While the promise of gold once you return to Tashluta keeps you going, your assignment has been anything but easy.

Raiders have been striking Rundeen caravans in large numbers, and rumors have reached the organization about a new serpent cult, dwelling in a long abandoned city within the jungle shroud. While no one has been able to track these bandits, the Rundeen has put a large price on their heads. They want this forgotten city found, and the raiders dealt with severely.

You’ve already lost both of your guides since you entered the jungle; one to a patch of quicksand, and another to fever. The heat, humidity, dangerous terrain and swarms of biting insects have taken their toll upon your group, with the exception of Sandor (who feels perfectly at home in this environment). You’ve been attacked by wild beasts, savages, and humanoids. The constant sounds of the jungles have kept you continuously on your guard, but you are beginning to get used to them…the cough of leopards, the buzz of strange insects, and the calls of wild birds no longer concern you as they once did. But you are all exhausted, and beginning to harbor thoughts of abandoning your mission.

Last night, though, your luck may have finally changed. You stumbled upon a village of the native hunters that dwell their whole life under the jungle canopy. The chief and shaman met your party, and finally, provided some answers to your questions. It seems as though the chieftain knows the location of what the tribe refers to as the “Forbidden City,” but he seeks your aid before he will reveal it to you. He tells you of the evil demon serpents, the yuan-ti, and their hateful goblin-like minions. They are raiders and kidnappers, and recently they took the chieftain’s son captive. If seems that if you are willing to rescue the son, the Chief Hoptai is willing to show you the way to the city…

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Sandor's tail swings from side to side as he stands. "Pff. Serpent cult!" His condesention is evident in his dismissive tone. But the chieftan's offer seems pretty convenient. This leads to two lines of questions.

First: "We can find your son. When was he taken? Do you have any of his personal items nearby?"

Second, perhaps when some personal items are being fetched: "Tell me about the Forbidden City. Why is it Forbidden, and why is it you are willing to share its location so easily?"

Falkus

Explorer
"I will assist," Seril stated, standing apart from the others, looking around the village with interest. "It will be my pleasure." The jungle was hotter and wetter than the forests he had trained in, but other than that, he wasn't particularly perturbed by it. The wild was his home away from home, after all.

dog45

First Post
Zeddicus listens intently, his face a mask of emotion, lost in his thoughts. Yuan-ti? Serpent Cults? Hmm....Wasn't there the Farnholders rebellion 400 years ago, involved some kind of serpent cult?

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia, her face a mask of stoicism, hesitates... One can almost feel her weighing the options that stretch before her. Admit defeat and leave this forsaken hellhole...or undertake this new journey, stay here longer, but emerge victorious in the end.

If one were very familiar with her, one might also surmise that the very -name- Forbidden City was a bit of a goad to her...demanding that she set foot in it and challenge the taboo.

Finally she mutters something that might be a curse, but it's in a language far from Common, and addresses the chieftain.

"Yes...yes, I will do as you ask," she says with her Calshite accent slightly lengthening the vowels. She flashes a quick accusing look at the others in the party, perhaps annoyed that they had provided something of great value in exchange for mere guidence...but perhaps that is reading too much into such a fleeting glance.

"All the things they asked for, we will need. Also, if you can show us the very spot he was last known to have been...that might be useful," she concludes, idly fingering the hilt of the curved dagger on her belt...a habit she often performs while thinking or concentrating.

Voidrazor

First Post
[Slap]"Damn mosquitos, One more bite and I swear I'll set fire to this wretched jungle."

"So, the plan is to kick the snot out of some snakes, then bring back the chief here's little brat? [shrug] Meh, sounds as good as anything else."

Helios runs a hand through his fiery hair, but dampened by the humidity, it falls back in his face. Slouching, he stands there trying not to look miserable, and fails.

Rhun

First Post
Cheif Hoptai does his best to answer your questions, in fairly well-spoken common. The tribe obviously has some contact with the outside world, despite the seclusion of their jungle village. "Yes...we know way to Forbidden City. Long ago, it was a stronghold of our enemies, who enslaved and slew our kind. Their ghosts dwell there still, and we stay away from that evil place."

The tribe's shaman, Mohonapa, continues when the chief leaves off. "We build mighty spirit-poles to keep the evil at bay. But the evil is strong, and destoys our spirit-poles."

The chief grunts his agreement, and speaks again. "My son was taken only three days ago, for what foul purpose I do not know. He is a strong warrior, but was overwhelmed and carried off by their numbers. But the gods forbid us entering the city to find him."

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Are we to understand that this Forbidden City, and the evil place these beings took your son are one in the same?" Abel asks, trying to lessen the confusion a little. "Well, that's handy, actually. Please, show us the way. There is work to be done."

Rhun

First Post
The chieftain nods sagely at Abel's words. "Yes, yes. The demon serpents dwell in the city, practicing their dark rites. It is there they took my son. It is not far, no more than a single days travel. The mountains are close, here. We have guides that will take you."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases