Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Rhun

First Post
Sandor knows well enough what direction north is, just by glancing at the position of the setting sun in the sky. You cannot see any gorges or clefts the lead into the rift below, so it is possible the other path descends underground and leads into the city via a cave or cavern of some type. If the gorge led in a straight path, it would probably come out somewhere to the east of where you now stand.

There appear to be several large streets below, some running north to south, others running in a east to west direction. Although much of the city appears to be in ruins, consisting of rubble and collapsed buildings, there appear to be many buildings still standing as well. The city appears to have set like this for a long time, perhaps several hundred years.

Last edited:

dog45

First Post
Zeddicus climbs up and finally sees what everyones looking at. He glances from the city below to the cliffs beneath them. "I suppose everyone wants to go back down? Or maybe try the cliffs?"

Falkus

Explorer
"Perhaps both," Seril replied to Zeddicus, and then elaborated. "I say we rest for the night, and then, at dawn, I climb down the cliffs, and make my way to the entrance, where I'll meet the rest of you. The climb looks difficult, and I doubt all of us could make it. I can scout out the lay of the land once I get down, and it'll make our task easier once we meet up."

Shayuri

First Post
Talshia is silent a moment, clearly impressed by the view. She quickly prepares another sheet of parchment, and starts a quick "map" based on what she can see from up here. On hearing the others talk, she shakes her head even as she's sketching.

"The cliffs are too difficult for us all to climb down...I doubt we have enough rope to reach the ground in any case. Magic would be possible, if wasteful of my potentials...but that would have to wait until tomorrow morning. Going back down would take enough time that we would be courting the night by the time we reached the way in."

She sighs and rolls up the parchment, returning it to the case at her side.

"I suggest we make camp here tonight, and that we do not use fires, or otherwise broadcast our presence. The city looks deserted, but there may be dwellers below that only show themselves at night. Given a choice between camping up here, and down there, I would choose here. This vantage favors us, both in visibility and in defensibility. We can expect attacks to come from only limited directions...barring flying enemies."

The wizardess shrugs. "But as you will. I am but one voice among many."

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Climbing may be possible, but it would require hundreds of feet of rope. The cliffs are sheer, and there is little to tie a rope to. Both Seril and Zeddicus, the two skilled climbers amongst your group, realize that it would be an extremely dangerous climb.

Rhun

First Post
With the decision made to rest for the night, the group quickly establishes a camp back away from the cliff face, cutting a clearing in the bamboo and overgrowth to ensure a comfortable resting place.

The night passes without incident, but you quickly come to the realization that something certainly lurks within the city. Those on watch sometimes catch the sounds of far off chanting carried on the wind. Every now and then lights flicker below in the city, too far off to make out any detail, and never remaining for long.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
The cool of the night affords Sandor some rest, but he offers to take a middle watch--he is comfortable sleeping in only short stretches. When he is relieved, he wanders around in search of some rodents, or a termite nest, and then sleeps until morning.

When everyone is awake, Sandor is prepared to head down the mountain, leading the way for anyone else ready to go.

Voidrazor

First Post
Before camping for the night Helios peers over the precipice with disgust. "Dammit, why didn't I learn Feather Fall? It was sitting right there in the guild library. I could have copied it into my book, no problem. But no I had to learn nonsense like Disguise Self. Seemed useful at the time, but in a jungle? Feh!"

"Hey Talshia, I don't suppose you know the spell? I mean, sure we could walk back down. But I'll bet my last copper that the main entrance to 'the forbidden city' is going to be just rotten with traps."

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Sandor finds plenty of rodents, snakes and insects to snack on. He certainly won't be going hungry while the group remains within the jungle.

Remove ads