Rhun's Weekend Game - Dwellers of the Forbidden City - IC Thread

Voidrazor

First Post
"Woe woe whoah, I don't know about this 'meeting us halfway down' thing. I was thinking more along the lines of everyone jumping off tethered by a short rope then casting it partway down. If you're not certain you can the the spell off twice before hitting, then perhaps fly back up and do it in two trips."

Shayuri

First Post
"It can't work that way," Talshia explains patiently. "The spell will only work for three hundred feet of distance. Lets say this cliff face is four hundred feet down. If I cast it on you here at the top, you'll fall gently down three hundred feet...and then plummet to your death for the last one hundred."

"For this to work, I would have to -cast the spell on you- a hundred feet down. Using rope would be hard, because I doubt a rope could support enough of you at once to make it worthwhile. Not to mention, Sandor's wolf can't climb a rope."

She plants her fists on her hips and looks around.

"We have no leader to decide? Very well. We know the risks and possibilities of doing it this way. What are the risks and possibilities of climbing back down, and following our guide's original instructions to the Forbidden City?"

Voidrazor

First Post
"Oh, heh, I mean tethered to each other, not the top. It could get messy if someone drifted too far away durng the 100 or so feet of free-fall."

"As for the dangers of going back down ... Its not the trip back down that worries me. Its the gorge that apparently leads to a tunnel. I have a feeling that the snakes have a real nasty reception for intruders that wander down it."

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"Nevertheless, that might be the best route for us to take. We want to make it out of the Forbidden City alive, and to do that we must make it in alive. The advantage of going in the front door is that we know we have cleared a way out if we need one in a hurry." says Sandor.

Falkus

Explorer
"Not necessarily," Seril replied. "If we kill the guards, there's no guarantee that they won't be replaced while we're in the city. And if I had a choice, I'd rather attack a guard position from the opposite direction than the one they're against."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Sandor's wolf is already fifty metres ahead down the path, and with a flip of his tail, the massive saurian shifts his weight on his spear, and begins the walk down. Where the footing is unsteady, he turns around to ensure the others are alright, but he leads the way towards the access to the Forbidden City.

Rhun

First Post
OOC: 3 of 6 have posted their intentions to go back down...so I am running with that scenario.

The climb back down takes no longer than a couple of hours. Back on the trail, you pass the large boulder that was pointed out to you the day before, and enter the narrow gorge. After following this path for several hundred feet, the gorge comes to an end in a steep cliff wall. Before you, a passage has been carved into the mountain side. It is some twenty feet wide and twelve feet high, and leads into the darknessahead.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases