Unconverted Forgotten Realms creatures

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
The ur-histachii is done now! Available in [post=3486845]homebrews[/url] and in the Draconic Hybrids PDF on my web page. :)

Shade

Monster Junkie
I'm not sure that the following is worthy of conversion as its own entity:

Greater Margoyle
AC:0 HD:12 Mv:15 Int: Low Size: M
Align: CE THAC0/:9 Att:4
Dmg: 1d10/1d10/2d8/2d8
Spec Def: Immunity to normal weapons XP:6000

Greater margoyles are cousins of the margoyle. They both attack with
two claws, horns and a bite, but greater margoyles are stronger and
faster. They can be found in many of the same habitats as the
margoyle.

The ToH margoyle advances to 18 HD. The greater damage could be gained by taking Improved Natural Attack feats. AC is 2 higher, but I'm not sure that's enough to make it a unique entry.

Big Mac

Explorer
Have you checked Candlekeep for conversions yet? Someone I've spoken to at the DL forums thinks that a lot of these have already been done somewhere.

Echohawk said:
In that case, here's a list of the all the creatures I could find from the D&D computer games that had printed stats:

From Dark Queen of Krynn:
  • Enchanted Aurak Draconian
  • Enchanted Baaz Draconian
  • Enchanted Bozak Draconian
  • Enchanted Kapak Draconian
  • Enchanted Sivak Draconian
  • Enchanted Traag Draconian
  • Greater Disir
  • Greater Otyugh
  • Huge Bat
  • Huge Crocodile
From Dark Sun: Shattered Lands:
  • Daggoran
  • Dagolar Slimes
  • Dark Spider
  • Dune Reaper
  • Fire Eel
  • Greater Shadow
  • Magera
  • Mastyrial
  • Mountain Stalker
  • Psurlon
  • Sand Howler
  • Screamer Beetle
  • Ssurran
  • Strine
  • Styr
  • Tari (Ratman)
  • Tyrian Slime
  • Undermountain Folk (Mindhome)
From Dark Sun: Wake of the Ravager:
  • Kartang
  • Soul Shards
  • Verini

You should really post these games on the Dragonlance and Dark Sun threads, as more people over there will know about them.

I believe that the enchanted draconians might have been dealt with, although I've not seen them myself. (While you have some DL experts checking in on your project, I suggest you ask on the Dragonlance thread for confirmation.)

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Big Mac said:
Have you checked Candlekeep for conversions yet? Someone I've spoken to at the DL forums thinks that a lot of these have already been done somewhere.
Big Mac -- No, I haven't looked through Candlekeep for creature conversions. Thanks for the suggestion. Is there a specific section of Candlekeep for updated monsters? (A quick search of the site map didn't reveal anything obvious.)

You should really post these games on the Dragonlance and Dark Sun threads, as more people over there will know about them.
The unconverted creatures from the PC games are already included in the setting lists (although most of them have been converted, so there are very few). That list of creatures from PC games you quoted was a mid-thread aside listing all of the creature that appeared in the PC game manuals, not just those still lurking in the conversion bin ;).

I believe that the enchanted draconians might have been dealt with, although I've not seen them myself. (While you have some DL experts checking in on your project, I suggest you ask on the Dragonlance thread for confirmation.)
I don't think they've been specifically converted, but I also don't they aren't different enough from ordinary draconians to require a separate update. I only listed them up-thread because they have monster entries in the PC manuals that list them as "enchanted". If you do come across a specific update, though, I'd be curious to know where.

And many thanks for chipping in on this thread. I'm always interested in clues to updates of older creatures that I've missed :cool:.

Remove ads