CA: Craft (Poisonmaking) [No votes]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'd propose to add Craft (poisonmaking) to the list of craft skills. It uses a gp base, not a cp base as for normal craft, so I'm not sure how this would affect our not-quite-well-documented-craft rules.

Edit: Reason---I am thinking about a poison using second character.

Last edited:

GwydapLlew

First Post
There are no standard rules for crafting poisons in the SRD. There is also an excellent Class Acts in the most recent Dragon that adds onto the rules presented in Complete Adventurer.

stonegod

Nope, not standard. No SRD (or DMG/PHB) rules for making poisons---only using them (not even prices for buying IIRC).

Erekose13

Explorer
There are prestige classes that gain the ability to handle poisons without risking poisoning themselves. Would Craft(poisonmaking) not carry any risks?

stonegod

Crafting it does not say anything about risk of use, only creating. So, in theory you could create it but have a risk of using it (which is small IIRC anyway).

Erekose13

Explorer
SRD said:
Perils of Using Poison

A character has a 5% chance of exposing himself to a poison whenever he applies it to a weapon or otherwise readies it for use. Additionally, a character who rolls a natural 1 on an attack roll with a poisoned weapon must make a DC 15 Reflex save or accidentally poison himself with the weapon.

I don't know a flat 5% is pretty hefty I think. Perhaps incorporating that into the craft check for this skill (fail on a 1 and you have to make the reflex save).

Remove ads