WotC Re-Brands Winter Fantasy as D&D Experience

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Flying in and out of Indianapolis in the winter is vastly less convenient than having it in a warmer location, even if the DC area can get more wintery than, say, LA.

This is a wise move. D&D may have started in Wisconsin, but a wintertime convention set in the midwest is madness.

Glyfair

Explorer
Lalato said:
1. You create a first level character using the rules provided by the RPGA. Here are the rules for Living Greyhawk... http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/dndlg/startplaying

For the Xen'drik Expeditions and Mark of Heroes (ending at this year's D&D Experience, I believe) you create a character at the level of the campaign's "level bump."

For XE it's likely to be 4th level. XE also has 4 different factions. Each faction has their specific adventure at XE and there is one that allows you to run your character from any faction. Note that each faction has their own additional options for characters (for example, gnolls are playable in the Blackwheel Company faction).

Last edited:

mathogre

First Post
Lalato and Glyfair,

Thank you so much! I'll look at the links over the next day or two, and I'm sure I'll have other questions. You've given me good starting points. Wow, the Greyhawk material alone just took 5.7MB. Lots to read and much to prepare. Still, I'd like to think I could go to the D&D Experience.

Oh, and while the name D&D Experience contains a pun, it's probably better it doesn't contain a Pun-Pun. -_^

JVisgaitis

Explorer
You want it in Indy? Come on, give us east coasterners(?) a break! I for one am glad its only a 3 hour drive from Pennsylvania. The 14 hour drives to Gencon every year are killer.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
JVisgaitis said:
You want it in Indy? Come on, give us east coasterners(?). I for one am glad its only a 3 hour drive from Pennsylvania. The 14 hour drives to Gencon every year are killer.
Yeeeeah, I'm not driving OR flying into Indianapolis in the winter.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Ranger REG said:
D&D have the D&D Experience.

Star Wars have the Star Wars Celebration.

What the hell do we have for pushing d20 Modern? :\

We'll all come to your house REG! You can run me through an adventure based on one of those Polyhedron mini-games to finally prove to me they weren't just wasted space. ;)

mathogre

First Post
Lalato said:
I don't think this is hijacking at all. We're still talking abou the same event. :)

Here's how it works...

1. You create a first level character using the rules provided by the RPGA. Here are the rules for Living Greyhawk... http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/dndlg/startplaying
--sam
Looks like I'm going. :lol: I have hotel reservations for a couple of nights. I can't wait! I'm sure I'll have other questions re: RPGA games and the convention itself, but the info you provided helped greatly. Thanks Sam!

scourger

Explorer
I wonder if this change is related to GenCon's announcement that they are willing to exhibit more electronic games after the restructuring of the one in Las Vegas.

Remove ads