Chicago Gameday XVI planning thread - Feb 24th: Head to the sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here.[/highlight]

This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday XVI. If you're interested in running an event for Gameday, or just have planning help to offer, this is the thread for you. If you're confused, learn more about Chicago Gameday.

[h1]The Time and The Place[/h1]
Gameday XVI will be on Saturday, February 24th. Events start at 9:30am. Gameday XVI will be hosted by Games Plus, a.k.a., Earth's Greatest Game Store™.

[h1]Events[/h1]
If you would like to run an event for Gameday XVI, please post your event proposal in this thread and indicate when you would like to run it. An event title and short description should be provided for use in the sign-up thread. You don't need these in order to volunteer an event, but I'll need them eventually.

Gameday has two event slots that are 4-5 hours each: a morning slot from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and an afternoon slot from 4:00pm to 9:00pm (and beyond). We try to run 6-8 events in each slot, with 4-6 players plus GM in each event. GMs may request more/fewer seats in their event.

If you do not have an ENWorld Community Supporter account with Private Messaging enabled, please make sure I have your email address. Feel free to email me.

A player sign-up thread will be created in a few weeks. Once the sign-up thread begins, GM volunteers have until one week before Gameday in which they may remove their event from the schedule. After that point, the schedule is set in stone, and you come to Gameday prepared to run your event, regardless of whether anyone has signed up for it.

Pre-approval of player sign-ups is not allowed. By volunteering to run an event, you're agreeing to run it for whomever signs up.

[h1]Current Event Lineup[/h1]
[h2]Morning[/h2]
  1. Agon (Reidzilla, table by the door)
  2. BD&D (FCWesel, private room)
  3. CoCd20 (Trevalon Moonleirion)
  4. D&D3.5 (rowport)
  5. TBA (Cerebral Paladin)
  6. Minis Table (Mark CMG)
  7. D&D 3.5 (TracerBullet42)

[h2]Afternoon[/h2]
  1. Iron Heroes (Pbartender)
  2. D&D3.5 (Mark CMG, private room)
  3. Spirit of the Century (FCWesel, back table)
  4. M&M2e (Ninjacat)
  5. Gamma World 1e (buzz, table w/ whiteboard)
  6. Don't Rest Your Head (Nev the Deranged)

[h1]Prizes[/h1]
Gameday features a prize giveaway between the morning and afternoon slots. If you have a connection to a game company or other organization and can obtain prize donations, please let us know so that efforts are not duplicated. Otherwise, all prize solicitations from publishers are handled by myself. GMs and attendees are also welcome to donate prizes from their own collections.

[h1]Suggestions[/h1]
If you have suggestions, recommendations, or ideas for enhancing the fun of Gameday, please feel free to post them here and we'll open up discussion.

Last edited:

Pbartender

First Post
Hrm... Buzz, why don't you put me down for an evening slot.

I think it'll be Iron Heroes again, but I need to decide exactly which 1st edition module to pit them against.

:]

95% sure I should be able to get home from school for that. And while I'm at home with all of my RPG stuff handy....

If I were to run something, what do you, my fellow gamedayers, feel would be most fun:

*How about some d20 Call of Cthulhu or D20 modern...I've had an idea brewing in my head for a while that I think would be fun...

*Some good old fashioned (well. not that old) D&D 3.5. The new Ravenloft looks pretty fun.

*Orrrr. I'm not totally opposed to another Feng Shui romp, though I'd rather do something else fun.

Oooooh. Pbartender!. More IH fun. Me = excited!

Reidzilla

First Post
The Isle of Oryonica
Agon RPG

Your band of heroes has just landed upon the shores of an island as perilous as it is beautiful. Beasts roam the land as the neighboring cities fight over the mystic pools of enchanted water and cursed fishermen weep in despair as their families go hungry. What better place to seek adventure!

Join the band of Greek heroes as they strive mightily to appease the Gods and carve out a legend of their own. No XP necessary. Just bring lots of dice and a thirst for heroic Greek adventure!

Morning slot, 6 players, table by the door.

Last edited:

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Slot One - Minis Painting Table participant, probably, though if that doesn't get enough sign ups, I might be talked into playing a board game of some sort.

Slot Two - (private room, please, with six seats available) I'll run a D&D game for 7th to 10th level characters. Details to come later . . .

I seem to recall at the last gameday, I was somehow forced to promise to run Synnibarr at one of the 2007 Chicago EN World Gamedays. Alas, I will have to pass on this particular Gameday, as my son has a basketball game that morning. And I just can't see driving down for only half a gameday. ;)

Sqwonk and I may do something together at a future gameday (he mentioned it at our home game after the October gameday last year, but we have done no more planning that discuss it for five seconds). That, too, will have to be at the early summer/late spring gameday (or even the fall gameday). Grade school basketball, I curse you! :p

Have fun--and don't take any wooden....uh....silver pieces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases