FC1 (sort of) feat--Spirit Visions

Rystil Arden

First Post
This proposal is a bit odd, but I think it fits well for Eberron. From the moment that I saw one of the Abyssal Heritor feats in FCI, the one where you see crazy visions, take a -2 to Spot, and get little insight bonuses based on how many [Abyssal Heritor] feats you have (one nonstackable +1 to a skill, save, AC, or attack for every two of the feats you have), I realised it would be perfect as a [Shifter] feat for Dreamsight Shifters. It isn't particularly evil (in fact, there's nothing evil about the feat), and the way that it gets better as you take more Abyssal Heritor feats ports perfectly to Shifter feats. So, I propose the following (which is not mutually exclusive with the normal feat from FCI being approved, of course):

Spirit Visions
[SHIFTER]
Requirements: Dreamsight Shifter

(As the Abyssal Heritor feat in FCI, except it is a Shifter feat and the visions come from the Dreamsight Shifter heritage and not the Abyss!)

Bront

The man with the probe
So, if I understand this right (I don't have Fiendish Codex I)

You're saying that the feat gives you a -2 untyped bonus to spot, and then a +1 insight bonus per shifter feat?

Is it only when shifted?

Perhaps you'd best write it out as the feat.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
So, if I understand this right (I don't have Fiendish Codex I)

You're saying that the feat gives you a -2 untyped bonus to spot, and then a +1 insight bonus per shifter feat?

Is it only when shifted?

Perhaps you'd best write it out as the feat.
It gives a +1 insight bonus per two shifter feats, to one skill, one save, AC, or to hit. You can change what the bonuses are to each day, and they won't stack with each other to make a +2 or anything. All in all, it is pretty weak unless you take loads and loads of shifter feats, but it has cool flavour. I don't want to reproduce the entire feat description here because it violates copyright.

Erekose13

Explorer
So with this one and 5 other shifter feats you could 3/day:
add +1 to one attack roll
add +1 to one skill roll
add +1 to one save roll
add +1 to AC vs. one attack roll.

That sounds really weak. I don't have FC1 in front of me, I'll have to look it up but is that how it works?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Erekose13 said:
So with this one and 5 other shifter feats you could 3/day:
add +1 to one attack roll
add +1 to one skill roll
add +1 to one save roll
add +1 to AC vs. one attack roll.

That sounds really weak. I don't have FC1 in front of me, I'll have to look it up but is that how it works?
Yes, that is how it works. Yes, it is pretty weak for a feat, though it is an insight bonus so it stacks w/ pretty much everything.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Yes, that is how it works. Yes, it is pretty weak for a feat, though it is an insight bonus so it stacks w/ pretty much everything.
Yep, it's pretty weak. On a side note, though, I'm not sure it is clear from the way Erekose put it that the bonus lasts all day. Oh, you can choose to put the +1 in Initiative also--if you Google Precognitive Visions Abyssal Heritor, you may be rewarded ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
Yep, I knew it lasted all day, but seems like Erekose may not have known, and didn't want anyone else to think that ;) (zounds, that would be really weak)

Remove ads