So what is your favorite module, ever?

BroccoliRage

First Post
Any edition, any system, whatever. What was the very best module you ever played or DM'ed?

I'm torn between three: X2 Castle Amber, Niether Man nor Beast, and Interludes: Sands of Pain. All three are very good at maintaining the feel i like, a good story but with lots of combat.

Honorable mentions are : Nyambe: Dire Spirits, The Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde (great oldschool style art on the cover), I1 dwellers of the Forbidden City, X1 Isle of Dread (how cool is it that the Savage Tide is going there?)

Aside from all that, has anybody actually had a chance to play in the Nyambe setting? It looked damned cool, and conversion would be interesting. I only have one of theNyambe modules, but I was always curious about the setting.

Vegepygmy

First Post
The first that leaps to my mind is Expedition to the Barrier Peaks.

If I gave it any more thought than that, I'd never be able to make a final decision. :)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
I am almost ashamed to say it, but...

Palace of the Silver Princess. :uhoh:

It's just bursting with "weird and wonderful". You never know what to expect. Come on, the bubbles?--great! Travis the insane guy attacking out of nowhere with a butcher knife?--great!

Plus, it has everything. There is a tinker with tales of a lost princess. There is surrounding countryside to explore. There are the ruins of a castle on a mountain. You get dungeon. You get cavern. You get secret doors. You get above-ground castle. You get a garden full of strange and dangerous plants. You get the undead. You get three-headed giants. You get an evil cleric! What more could you want!?

I DM'ed this for my kids, and they *loved* it!

And, if all that wasn't enough, it was easy and fun to DM.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

BroccoliRage

First Post
PAlace of the Silver PRincess is good, I have to agree.

I almost bought Redhand of Doom the other day, but I opted for The Twilight Tomb. Maybe I should reconsider.

mattcolville

Adventurer
For me it's a tie between Night Below, which is spectacular, and The Banewarrens. Probably I have to go with Night Below. I found it just an astonishing piece of work.

Glyfair

Explorer
Module? Village of Hommlet - Long before the ToEE was released. In fact, I never ran the ToEE since it took so long to come out. Still, T1 was great.

(Although if you count non-D&D modules, it would be Apple Lane for Runequest, hands down.)

Published adventure? "Chimes at Midnight" from a recent Dungeon. It played very well, and introduced a great rogue's gallery of villians. I think creating interesting villains beyond the BBEG is a lost art, since they don't get reused in most games. This adventure didn't worry about that. In fact, every villain survived in that game, so they are available for future plot threads.

Crothian

First Post
Dispite its problems White Plume Mountain. It is the only module I've run more then afew times that has been a blast every time.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases