The Dragon's Hoard Arcane Game OOC / Ask questions

Sticking this in for easy location-450

Braidy Dotson 11.550
Julian 11,550
Thamior Amastacia 11,550
Goram 11,550
Ksathra Feroz 11,600

Tembo CR5 / Pit Trap CR 2 / Ambush Drake CR 5 / Megaraptor CR 6 / The Ephemeral Swarm CR 5 / Pit Trap CR 2

THE DRAGON”S HOARD
PbP
EN WORLD

2007 SERIES

The Folks that brought you The World Below now proudly bring you a new beginners edition of their hit arcane game- The Dragon’s Hoard. You and your team will compete against three other teams(Provided by the DM) to collect 3 flags and survive a deadly dungeon. There will be occupants, traps and adventure along with surprises good and bad all in the spirit of entertainment and good planar family fun!

This season’s theme will be a ruined city and the surrounding environments. Teams will enter the arena from four opposite corners noted by the colors of Red, Purple, Blue or Green. Each team will carry a flag of that color. Within each quadrant is another flag uniquely marked. To win the event one must only collect three flags and present them to a Dragon’s Hoard representative. These representatives can be found throughout the dungeon.

To collect a flag, one can either find flags through exploration of their and other team’s sections or “attain” them from other team’s misfortunes. These misfortunes include accidents from creatures, traps, in-fighting and of course ambush. Though there are clerics on call at all times there is no guarantee one will survive the Dragon’s Hoard Arcane Game ™. If a cleric of this event is called in to resurrect you, you will be penalized. Penalties are given by a spin of a wheel. They range from gold, magic and even removal from the game.

Are you ready to explore and compete in the Dragon’s Hoard Arcane Game?

Legalese-
There will be 4 PCs per team. PCs are to be 5th level between classes and ECLs

Point Buy system 32 points

Races, Classes, Prestige Classes, Skills, Feats, Spells, Powers, Equipment and anything else like this need to come from the following list of materials-

Player’s Handbook 3.5
DMG 3.5
Monster Manual 3.5
Extended Psionics
Spell Compendium
Complete Adventurer, Arcane, Divine, Psionics, and Warrior.

Starting Money is 50,000 gold. These items must be found within these books (no new creations. However one can use feats to attain items cheaper if they are listed within one of the above 10 books)

However Dragon’s Hoard Arcane Game may pull items and creatures from any resource including world specific material.

More rules-

EMPLOYEES
It is illegal to harm or interfere with an employed member of Dragon’s Hoard Arcane Game. These members will be marked with ribbons or badges. Penalties range from instant death to the directing of troubled individuals and/or creatures to your location.
Employees are often clerics and also maintenance and Animal Handlers. There are also reporters and judges that can be found within the dungeon. There will also be various constructs used to monitor the events within the game. Though not covered by the same laws and rules as other employees, we take it personally when we must rebuild them again.

TUNNELS
Within Dragon’s Hoard: Ruins there are many tunnels and secret passageways. Most of these are for you use and discovery, if found and won. However, there are some tunnels for employee use only. There are penalties for illegal use of these tunnels. These range from instant death to rejection of the game. These will NOT be marked. You may learn which are which by trial and error.

EN WORLD VIEWING DISCLAIMER.
Maps will be in common use for this game. Maps of the arena, battle grounds, rooms and lairs. These will be provided for ease of both the DM and players. Please keep this in mind if you have a slow outdated dinosaur of a computer like the DM.

We hope you watch, participate and enjoy the newest edition of Dragon’s Hoard: The Ruins Arcane Game.

Last edited:

In plainer words, this is my own version of the X-Crawl Roleplaying game. The team made of you and three other players will compete vs three of teams made by me. This is designed to be fun with humor.

I would like to rewrite this as a Storyhour also. I see a great deal of humor being possible here.

This is not to say I wish for funny characters only. It is a contest and the other teams are looking to win.

This said, the first four PCs completed and okayed by me are in.

Imerak

First Post
Sounds like fun. I'll try to have a character up by tomorrow, but so far I'm thinking of a mildly pyromaniacal evoker.

Ivellious

First Post
I'm calling this spot. I'm thinking caster of some sort, or maybe rouge

Edit Actually I just thought of it. I will be an elven warmage

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
I'd be interested in either submitting a cleric or pyschic warrior for this game. What type of pantheon are you using? Standard D&D?

Ivellious

First Post
Here is my character, I've not done background and equipment just yet, but will put that up at sometime soon. If there is something about my character you don't like (mostly likely the traits, flaws and extra feats, but you did say use the books so I did) I've no problems with fixing it

Character Stats:[sblock]
Thamior Amastacia
Male Elf Warmage 5
Chaotic Good
hp 29

Strength 13 (+1) [+4 belt of giant strength] 17 (+3)
Dexterity 13 (+1) [+2 Gloves of Dexterity] 15 (+2)
Constitution 12 (+1)
Intelligence 16 (+3) [+2 Headband of Intellect] 18 (+4)
Wisdom 10 (+0)
Charisma 15 (+2) [+2 Cloak of Charisma] 17 (+3)
Size: Medium

Speed: 30 feet

Armor Class: 18 = 10 +2 [dexterity] + 6 [ +1 Elven Chain] +2 [Ring of Protection]
Armor: +1 Elven Chain +6 [+5 Armor Bouns +1 Magical] +4 [Max Dex Bouns] -1 [Armor Check Pentalties] 30ft Speed 20lbs
Touch AC: 12
Flat-footed: 16
Initiative modifier: +2 = +2 [dexterity]
Saves:
Fortitude save: +2 = 1 [base] +1 [constitution]
Reflex save: +4 = 1 [base] +1 [dexterity] +2 [Gloves of Dextrity]
Will save: +4 = 4 [base]
Attacks
Attack (Wounding Longsword): +6 = 2 [base] +3 [strength] +1 [Weapon Foucs]
Attack (Touch): +5 = 2 [base] +3 [strength]
Grapple check: +3 = 2 [base] +1 [strength]
Damage:
Wounding Longsword 1d6+3 [strength] 19-20/x2 - Slashing

Light load: 50 lb. or less
Medium load: 51-100 lb.
Heavy load: 101-150 lb.
Lift over head: 150 lb.
Lift off ground: 300 lb.
Push or drag: 750 lb.

Languages: Common Draconic Elven Gnome Sylvan

Feats:
Combat Casting
Weapon Focus (longsword)

Appraise Int 4 = +4 [mod]
Balance Dex* 8 = +2 [mod]+4 [rank]+2 [tumble] -1 [Armor Check]
Bluff Cha 3 = +3 [mod]
Climb Str* 2 = +3 [mod] -1 [Armor Check]
Concentration Con 9 = +1 [mod]+8 [rank]
Diplomacy Cha 11 = +3 +8
Disguise Cha 3 = +3 [mod]
Escape Artist Dex* 1 = +2 [mod] -1 [Armor Check]
Forgery Int 4 = +4 [mod]
Gather Information Cha 3 = +3 [mod]
Heal Wis 0 = +0 [mod]
Hide Dex* 1 = +2 [mod] -1 [Armor Check]
Intimidate Cha 3 = +3 [mod]
Jump Str* 7 = +3 [mod] +2 [tumble] +3 [speed 30] -1 [Armor Check]
Knowledge (arcana) Int 9 = +4 [mod]+5 [rank]
Listen Wis 2 = +0 +2 [elf]
Move Silently Dex* 1 = +2 [mod] -1 [Armor Check]
Perform (sing) Cha 5 = +3 [mod]+2 [rank]
Perform (dance) Cha 5 = +3 [mod]+2 [rank]
Ride Dex 2 = +2 [mod]
Search Int 6 = +4 [mod] +2 [elf]
Sense Motive Wis 0 = +0 [mod]
Spot Wis 2 = +0 [mod] +2 [elf]
Survival Wis 0 = +0 [mod]
Swim Str** -5 = +3 [mod] -8 [Check Penalty]
Tumble Dex* 6 = +2 [mod] +5 [rank] -1 [Armor Check]
Use Rope Dex 2 = +2 [mod]

* = check penalty for wearing armor
**= check penalty for every 5 pounds

Zero-level Warmage spells: 6 per day

First-level Warmage spells: 7 (6+1) per day

Second-level Warmage spells: 5 (4+1) per day

Elf:
+2 dexterity / -2 constitution (already included)

Immune to magical sleep

+2 racial bonus to saves vs. enchantments

Low-light vision

Proficient with longsword, rapier, longbow && shortbow

+2 racial bonus on listen, search, and spot checks

Notice secret doors

Warmage:
Core class from "Complete Arcane"

Sorcerer-like, with limited spell choice focused on military applications

A warmage has access to all spells on the warmage lists

Add intelligence bonus to all spell hit point damage ("warmage edge")

At levels 3, 6, 11, and 16, add an evocation spell to the repertoire
3rd lvl Darkness
At level 7, gains Sudden Empower feat

At level 10, gains Sudden Enlarge feat

At level 15, gains Sudden Widen feat

At level 20, gains Sudden Maximize feat

May wear light armor; at level 8, medium armor

May bring a light shield
[/sblock]

Background:[sblock]
Thamior has been alone ever since he could remember. One day he awoke in a field, remembering nothing, not even his name. Thamior thought hard long and hard trying to remember who he was, and what he was doing, but he couldn't remember anything. He then named himself, Thamior Amastacia was what he named himself. That was a year ago, and over time he had began relearning things that he used to do outta of necessity. For reasons unknown to himself, Thamior had always hated goblins ever since he awoke. Any chance he had he would hunt them down and slay them.
[/sblock]

Aprerance:[sblock]
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 85 lb
Skin: Pale
Eyes: Green
Hair: Dark Brown; Straight; Beardless
[/sblock]

Equipment:[sblock]
Wounding Longsword 4lbs
Ring of Protection +2
Cloak of Charisma +2
Headband of Intellect +2
Belt of Giant Strenght +4
+1 Elven Chain 20lbs
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Backpack 2lbs
Bedroll 5lbs
Flint and steel
Belt Pouch 1/2lbs
Sack 1/2lbs
Silk Rope (50ft) 5lbs
Waterskin 4lbs
Whetstone 1lbs
1 Cure Modrate Wounds Potion
4 Cure Light Wounds Potions
-----------------------------
Total Weight Carried 42lbs
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun said:
I'd be interested in either submitting a cleric or pyschic warrior for this game. What type of pantheon are you using? Standard D&D?

Use anything presented in the ten books I okayed. They are basic books that covers most aspects of the game that I have.

If you wish, you may create your own god but remain to only using Domains given from those books.

I have hinted at and will say here- this is a slightly planar-type game.

Ivellious said:
Here is my character, I've not done background and equipment just yet, but will put that up at sometime soon. If there is something about my character you don't like (mostly likely the traits, flaws and extra feats, but you did say use the books so I did) I've no problems with fixing it

Feats:
Combat Casting
Combat Expertise
Dodge
Inattentive [flaw]
Vulnerable [flaw]
Weapon Focus (longsword)

Traits:
Honest
Quick

Just curious about the Flaw /Traits you have. I recall that being Iron Kingdoms. Are those from the ten books andthus I am just blanking on the book it orginates from?

Looks good. Background would be appreciated. It appears the first contestant is in.

Also- Equipment. I am being generous at 50,000 gold each.

Remove ads