Eschaton OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Question!

Your intro states that casters of 8th level and lower spells and abilities shall be level 18, and casters of 9th level and so on will be level 17.

What about sorcerors? At level 17, they only have 8th level spells. But at level 18, they have 9th level spells. What level would a sorceror (or spontaneous caster that uses a spell progression like a sorceror) be?

Paper_Bard

First Post
What about a warlock?

I am VERY Interested in this. I really am!

A warlock should be 21st level, I think, due to the fact that while some of their dark invocations could be considered 9th level, none of these are overly powerful. They don't have too many world-shaping invocations to speak of.

Paper_Bard

First Post
One more question. If I say, take a race... the unbodied, whos LA of +4 makes it so that my casting abilites are only that of level 13... does that still count for being a full caster? Or do I bump up the levels to compensate for the low casting due to LA. I'm not sure I understand your system.

Rashomon

First Post
I am Rashomon from CharOp, in case it wasn't obvious enough.

I'm mainly looking at either a Warblade 10 / Eternal Blade 11 (care to design a progression for it? =p) or a psigish, Rgr 1 / Telepath 6 / Slayer 9 , with the intention of taking 5 levels of Abjurant Champion after that, using the conversion notes in Abjurant Champion's description for converting it to divine magic or psionics. Would gishes count as full casters?

If I went the Warblade route, he'd be THE original Eternal Blade, the one everyone wants to emulate. If possible, I'd like to make him human rather than elven (mainly because of flavor bias - I mildly dislike elves, but like the Eternal Blade mechanics). If I did the psion, he'd probably be the leader of a psionic nation's secret police, or the leader of a terrorist cell intended to overthrow a corrupt magiocracy. Either that, or the ringleader of a horde of Mind Seeded body clones.

Last edited:

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri said:
Question!

Your intro states that casters of 8th level and lower spells and abilities shall be level 18, and casters of 9th level and so on will be level 17.

What about sorcerors? At level 17, they only have 8th level spells. But at level 18, they have 9th level spells. What level would a sorceror (or spontaneous caster that uses a spell progression like a sorceror) be?

Spontaneous casters have a 'feel' that fits the world better, so I'll say they get the spells per day of 18th level caster but remain at 17th for all other purposes.

Remove ads