Eschaton OOC

Voidrazor

First Post
Paper_Bard said:
One more question. If I say, take a race... the unbodied, whos LA of +4 makes it so that my casting abilites are only that of level 13... does that still count for being a full caster? Or do I bump up the levels to compensate for the low casting due to LA. I'm not sure I understand your system.

That would be 14th level ECL 18. I like the flavor BTW.

Voidrazor

First Post
Vertexx69 said:
can monstrous humanoids be infected with lycanthropy in your campaign?

Sure, I'm curious to see what you come up with. If you find a monsterous humanoid with some sort of game-breaking synergy when the template is applied I might nix it. But I really doubt that will be the case.

Shayuri

First Post
Another question.

You say standard wealth by level, but the starting levels are pretty variable. Is spellcasting considered a level adjustment, or do you just plain start at a lower level? Point illustrated:

Human, nontemplate nonspellcaster starts with 21 class levels and std wealth for level 21.

Human half-celestial (+4 LA) nonspellcaster starts with 17 class levels and std wealth for level 21.

Human wizard starts with 17 class levels and std wealth for...level 17?

OR

Human wizard (spellcasting = +4 LA) nonspellcaster starts with 17 class levels, and std wealth for level 21?

I ask, because it's a pretty huge difference in money, though a high level spellcaster is often less dependent on loot, overall.

Voidrazor

First Post
Rashomon said:
I am Rashomon from CharOp, in case it wasn't obvious enough.

I'm mainly looking at either a Warblade 10 / Eternal Blade 11 (care to design a progression for it? =p) or a psigish, Rgr 1 / Telepath 6 / Slayer 9 , with the intention of taking 5 levels of Abjurant Champion after that, using the conversion notes in Abjurant Champion's description for converting it to divine magic or psionics. Would gishes count as full casters?

If I went the Warblade route, he'd be THE original Eternal Blade, the one everyone wants to emulate. If possible, I'd like to make him human rather than elven (mainly because of flavor bias - I mildly dislike elves, but like the Eternal Blade mechanics). If I did the psion, he'd probably be the leader of a psionic nation's secret police, or the leader of a terrorist cell intended to overthrow a corrupt magiocracy. Either that, or the ringleader of a horde of Mind Seeded body clones.

Manuevers and stances are signifigantly less versatile than spells but they are way more powerful than what a fighter or monk could bring to bear. So I'm going to rule that the maximum ECL for character with 9th level manuevers is 20th, not 21st. Also, I wouldn't allow a human Eternal Blade. But I would allow a Sirian one (a custom race that looks like the classic 'tall white' alien, -2 Con +2 Int, +1 pp/level, mindlink, +2 Diplomacy and Intimidate, 0 LA). If you want still want stats for Eternal Blade 11 (at initiator level 16) LMK.

Rgr 1 / Telepath 6 / Slayer 9 / Psi-Abjurant Champion 2 would be fine. Or you could take less Slayer level for more Abjuarant Champion instead.

Generally gishes don't count as full casters. The max ECL is based off of the highest spell/power level available to the character.

All of the background options you mentioned sound workable. Once you have a firmer idea of which way you'd like to go, I'd be happy to help develop an appropriate organization.

Voidrazor

First Post
Shayuri said:
Another question.

You say standard wealth by level, but the starting levels are pretty variable. Is spellcasting considered a level adjustment, or do you just plain start at a lower level? Point illustrated:

Human, nontemplate nonspellcaster starts with 21 class levels and std wealth for level 21.

Human half-celestial (+4 LA) nonspellcaster starts with 17 class levels and std wealth for level 21.

Human wizard starts with 17 class levels and std wealth for...level 17?

OR

Human wizard (spellcasting = +4 LA) nonspellcaster starts with 17 class levels, and std wealth for level 21?

I ask, because it's a pretty huge difference in money, though a high level spellcaster is often less dependent on loot, overall.

The former. Both a 0 LA non-caster and a +4 LA non-caster would get std wealth for level 21, while a full caster would get std wealth for 17th.

Valeas

First Post
@Voidrazor:
Could you take a quick look over my character and comment on it if the Templates, classes, etc I used are acceptable?
ty

Voidrazor

First Post
Valeas said:
@Voidrazor:
Could you take a quick look over my character and comment on it if the Templates, classes, etc I used are acceptable?
ty

I could probably deal with the power level your aiming for. Although the combination of crazy high will save and (presumably) crazy high AC might be a little tricky. But thematically I'm have concerns about how well a saintly assassin for Wee Jas would fit into the campaign.

I hate to say it, but it might be best to go back to square one and re-conceptualize the character. I certainly sympathize with the impulse to use some of the strongest mechanics available. Maybe you could look for strong mechanics that better fit a far-future world ruler.

My apologies if this is coming off as harsh. If you have a good explanation for how the character fits together conceptually, I'll try to keep an open mind.

gavagai

First Post
Voirdrazor - very interesting concept. I am surprised that everyone has jumped on mechanics on this one. Can you give some details on how PCs are supposed to interact, and what kind (and how far reaching) agendas can be set? Is the baseline assumption that they will form some kind of party (most likely an alliance), is the baseline assumption that there will be standard adventures (missions)? Are backgrounds supposed to focus on the single characters, or on the description of their worlds and servitors? Obviously, mix-and-match servitors would be more powerful than themed servitors - do you intend to rule on any too adventurous combinations?

Avalon®

First Post
Voidrazor, it's me Avalon® from the CO boards. This is open to all alignments right?

Karnak the Disciple of Blood
Human Male Warblade 11/ Swordsage 2/ Rogue 3/ Bloodclaw Master 3/ Nightsong Enforcer 1
Alignment

Str ?? -- (10 pts) 16 base
Dex ?? -- (10 pts) 16 base
Con ?? -- (10 pts) 16 base
Int ?? -- (4 pts) 12 base
Wis ?? -- (6 pts) 14 base
Cha ?? -- (0 pts) 8 base

Hit Points ??
AC ??, Touch ??, Flat ??
Init +??
BAB +17, Grap +??
Speed ?? (base 30 ft., load 0/33, light armor)
Fort + (11 base), Ref +?? (14 base), Will +?? (8 base +2 Iron Will)

+?? Melee, weaponname, 1d6+??, 20/x2
+??/+?? Melee, weaponname/weaponname, 1d6+??/1d6+??, 20/x2
+?? Ranged, weaponname, 1d6+??, 20/x2, 30'r
+??/+?? Ranged, weaponname/weaponname, 1d6+??/1d6+??, 20/x2, 30'r

Medium, 7' 0" tall, ?? wt, ?? yrs old
hazel brown hair, azure brown eyes, toned tanned skin

Speaks Common and Goblin

+?? Skillname (4)
+?? Skillname (4)
+?? Skillname (4)
+?? Skillname (4acp) add acp if susceptible to armor penalties
+?? Skillname (2cc) add cc if cross classed
+?? Skillname (4 + 2cc) show multiclass ranks seperately
+0 Listen (0)
+0 Spot (0)

Feats
-Shadow Blade
-Two-Weapon Fighting
-Weapon Finesse
-White Raven Defense
-Clarion Commander
-Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
-Greater Two-Weapon Fighting
-Improved Initiative (bonus)
-Iron Will (bonus)

Human Traits
-Bonus feat at 1st level
-+1 Skill per level

Swordsage Abilities
-Quick to Act +1
-Discipline Focus (Shadow Hand)
-AC bonus (Wis to AC in light or no armor)

Warblade Abilities
-Battle Clarity
-Weapon Aptitude
-Uncanny Dodge
-Battle Ardor
-Improved Uncanny Dodge
-Battle Cunning
-Battle Skill
-Bonus Feats

Rogue abilities
-Sneak Attack +2d6
-Trapfinding
-Evasion
-Trapsense +1

Bloodclaw Master abilities
-Claws of the Beast
-Superior Two-Weapon Fighting
-Tiger Claw Synergy (stance)
-Pouncing Strike
-Low-light Vision
-Shifting 2/day

Nightsong Enforcer abilities
-Sneak Attack +1d6
-Teamwork (hear/see allies)

Swordsage Manuevers (IL 12)
Manuevers Known:
Manuevers Readied:
Stances Known:

Warblade Manuevers (IL 17)
Manuevers Known:
Manuevers Readied:
Stances Known:

Write a long paragraph of character background and history here. Try to take advantage of using this section to make your character interesting instead of just a "video-gamish" list of D&D statistics. But don't write so much that it makes people's eyes fall out, keep it focused and stick to the highlights.

Write a paragraph that describes the characters personality, manners, attitude, motivations, likes, desires, goals, aspirations, fears, habits, quirks, and similar things. Thinking about that stuff and writing it down will help you role-play much much better and your games will become more fun for you and everybody else playing with you. Who knows, your role-playing might help you win an Academy Award someday (riiiight).

Write out another paragraph with details describing the way your PC looks when first encountered. Make him/her unique enough so that your character isn't just another boring face in the crowd. Also be sure to describe all your clothing colors and materials so that everyone isn't walking around looking like perfect clones wearing duplicate copies of Adventurer Jumpsuit Outfit #9!!

Armor (worn, ??wt) ??gp optional
Robe (worn, ??wt) ??gp optionally continue for each item below
Outfitname (worn, ??wt)

Medium Weapon or item (belt left, ??wt)
Medium Weapon or item (belt right, ??wt)
Tiny Weapon or item (belt front, ??wt)
Tiny Weapon or item (belt rear, ??wt)
Other items attached to belt (location, ??wt)

Bow or Crossbow (left shoulder, ??wt)
Quiver or Javelin Tube (right shoulder, ??wt)
Backpack (center back, ??wt)
Bedroll (below backpack, ??wt)
Other items worn on back or shoulders (location, ??wt)

Headband, Hat, Helmet (head, ??wt)
Lenses or Goggles (eyes, ??wt)
Cloak, Cape, or Mantle (worn, ??wt)
Vest, Vestment, or Shirt (worn, ??wt)
Ring (left ??th finger, -wt)
Ring (right ??th finger, -wt)
Amulet, Brooch, Medallion, or Necklace (worn, ??wt)
Belt (worn, ??wt)
Gloves or Gauntlets (hands, ??wt)
Bracers or Bracelets (wrists, ??wt)
Boots or Slippers (feet, ??wt)
Other minor accessories (location, ??wt)

Waterskin- water (backpack, ??wt)
5 Torches (backpack, ??wt)
Flint & Steel (backpack, ??wt)
Trail Rations- 1 days (backpack, ??wt)
Other backpack contents (backpack, ??wt)

Coins- ??gp, ??sp, ??cp (pouch, ??wt)
Gemname- ??gp (pouch, -wt)
Gemname- ??gp (pouch, -wt)
Other pouch contents (pouch, ??wt)

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
First of all, thanks very much for all the answers to pesky, gnatlike question, Void. :)

Finally, lemme add one more to the stew. Someone asked before, but then he changed his mind, so it never got addressed that I saw. Do Warlocks count as full casters? Would they be level 17, 18, or 21?

I was thinking of making a Warlock in conjunction with the Fey Heritage feats in Complete Mage to make a sort of sidhe-esque "fey warlock." Sound doable?

Remove ads