Power Feat: Variable Descriptor (from UP)

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Ultimate Power said:
Variable Descriptor
You can change the descriptors of an effect with this power feat, varying them as a free action once per round. For one rank with this feat, you can apply any of a closely related group of descriptors, such as weather, electromagnetic, temperature, and so forth. For two ranks, you can apply any of a broad group of descriptors, such as any mental, magical, or technological descriptor. The GM decides if any given descriptor is appropriate for use with a particular effect and this feat.

(Only four sentences, which I believe does fall just within Green Ronin's copyright guideline for "copy this much and no more and we'll be okay.")

I was planning on taking this power feat for my proposed character's (Dr. Archeville) energy blaster, so it could be an ultra-tech blaster capable to emitting a damaging blast of any form of electromagnetic energy (gamma rays, hard x-rays, soft x-rays, extreme ultraviolet, near ultraviolet, visible light, near infrared, moderate infrared, far infrared, microwaves, and radio waves/telvision signals).

If this isn't okay, let me know, and I can re-do Archeville's Blaster.

Velmont

First Post
For now, you can do a similar thing at a bit of higher cost with alternate power. I'll have to take a look at the book. But at frst sight, it doesn't seem much broken to change the descriptor, as most people are either immune to only one (so having a second is enough to bypass his immunity) or immune to a wide group (like insubstancial being immune to all execpt one) in that case, it is might come handy, but for the number of time it would really help, I don't see it necessary to spend 8 PP to have 8 identical power with only teh descriptor changing.

I'll look at it this week, as soon as I put my hand on teh book.

hero4hire

Explorer
Velmont said:
For now, you can do a similar thing at a bit of higher cost with alternate power. I'll have to take a look at the book. But at frst sight, it doesn't seem much broken to change the descriptor, as most people are either immune to only one (so having a second is enough to bypass his immunity) or immune to a wide group (like insubstancial being immune to all execpt one) in that case, it is might come handy, but for the number of time it would really help, I don't see it necessary to spend 8 PP to have 8 identical power with only teh descriptor changing.

I'll look at it this week, as soon as I put my hand on teh book.

I vote Yes. In fact there already is a character using this rule.

Remove ads