Guy at my Wife's work nailed his Testicle to a House.

gleicher27

First Post
Harmon said:
Proper safe technique and what one can do while using a nail gun are not always the same thing. Once in a while you have to shot back towards your self, because you are up high and you can’t be levitating out in the middle of no where to make the shot.

Scooching along and nailing back towards yourself sounds like this guy was an apprentice (couple stories to follow). He needed to be walking, course one never knows the situation he was in unless you can see for yourself, but seldom can one not walk when scooching is an option.

Story time-
Oh, about a thousand years ago when I was an apprentice carpenter I was nailing off a roof. Somewhere in the neighborhood of ten thousand or more square feet, in near hundred degree weather (sun shines two ways on a plywood room). I nailed my boot to the roof, right between my big toe and my index toe. Scared the hell out of me ‘til I realized I had missed my toes, then I was just really embarrassed.

Few years later on another job I was framing with a nail gun, we had a gun that had no semi auto fire. Depress the trigger and the safety and it went dry, so when the recoil knocked the gun back you had to release the trigger- sometimes you got a double shot if it bounced (this was before the little ring on the trigger to alter the auto to semi auto setting for those of you in the know). Nailed the bottom nail on a 2x6 block, the gun rebounded inside the stub bay and fired twice more, the third came over the edge and went through my left palm. I took a couple deep breaths went to the job shack, cut the head off the nail and pulled it through. It hurt like you couldn’t believe, but it healed up in a day or three.

Heard about an apprentice that shot himself in the side of the knee while working high in a lift. He started convulsing almost instantly, and then took a tumble out of the lift about twenty feet. His partner (not in the lift, but above him) jumped into the lift, dropped down. The kid was convulsive, flailing about, the carpenter pulled the nail out in a rush and the convulsing stopped. The kid lost all feeling from his knee down from what I heard later.

Ok you just made me cring...

werk

First Post
Pneumatic air guns are really dangerous. I myself have had numerous close calls, and have pried or cut my brother off of something he'd fastened himself to several times.

We were mostly working with hardwood, and high velocity poor quality nails in high pressure nail guns. Yeah...nails don't go strait in, sometimes they go in and turn a full 180, or a 90, or you name it. Makes you really aware of your body positioning, or, if not, reminds you why you should be aware of it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases