Mayfair "Role Aids" products: Favorites? Conversions?

Psion

Adventurer
Yeah, me starting a retro-thread.

I've embarked upon various conversion products, but it occurs to me that some of my favorite old adventures were mayfair "Role-Aids" adventures. Lich Lords and Elves stand out as adventures in this line that I had great fun running and considered updating.

Anyone else have any favorites in this line? Anything good enough that you considered converting it (or did convert it)?

Ripzerai

Explorer
I quite like Dragons.

I converted the three goblin goddesses in Dark Folk to 3e stats, as daughters of Maglubiyet married to the three lesser goblin gods.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Was it Lich Lords, or Undead? The one with the lich lords and the beardless dwarves. I've begun to incorporate that into the history of my FR so that one of the groups I'm running can go after them someday.

Huw

First Post
I ran several adventures from Wizards - very inventive, but watch the power levels, there's some seriously good magic items in there.

Pinched loads of ideas from Undead. Although I was impressed by Witches and Lizardfolk, I never used much from them. I've got a few of their smaller adventures, but never really liked them.

All in all, very variable quality. Hopefully this thread'll help find the good ones.

Voadam

Legend
I've used some of the goblin info from Dark Folk in my wildwood game. Particularly the lard like foul smelling substance they slather on themselves to keep their skin from cracking and peeling in sunlight.

I've used the undermountain kingdom of Ostohar with king Hoarfrost as the dwarven kingdom under the mountain in my high level Dwarven Veangance Postapocalyptic Greyhawk/Ptolus Lord of the Iron Fortress Game. Heavily modified.

My favorites though are the Demon products. I have Demons I & II and a couple denizens ones. Sentinels is OK and I like To Hell and Back and Witches as well as the Psionics and Monsters of Myth and Legend series.

I have not done much converting though.

rgard

Adventurer
Psion said:
Yeah, me starting a retro-thread.

I've embarked upon various conversion products, but it occurs to me that some of my favorite old adventures were mayfair "Role-Aids" adventures. Lich Lords and Elves stand out as adventures in this line that I had great fun running and considered updating.

Anyone else have any favorites in this line? Anything good enough that you considered converting it (or did convert it)?

I loved all their stuff. Really well done. Whatever happened to the designers of these? Did any get on the OGL/D20 bandwagon?

Thanks,
Rich

More grammar edits.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases