Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Star Trek: New Voyages (2004)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hate Trek, so I refuse to answer!

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Poll closed .

Agamon

Adventurer
I actually started watching DS9 before TNG. The more serial nature, cool characters and good storytelling of DS9 was more appealing than any of the other STs, though I've wathed them all and don't really dislike any of them.

Darth Shoju

First Post
This was a pretty tough choice between TNG and DS9 for me. Ultimately I had to go with TNG as I found I liked more of the characters on that show and many of the characters I liked on DS9 came from TNG anyway (Worf, Miles O'Brian). I prefer Picard to Sisko, although Sisko did end up being a fairly interesting character by the end. I just felt Jonathan Patrick Stewart was a much better actor than Avery Brooks (IMO of course).

Also, although TNG didn't have a contiguous storyline, and I did really enjoy the Dominion war, I suppose I enjoyed the entirety of the TNG series more than the entirety of DS9. I mean, DS9 before the Dominion war was every-bit the Star Trek formula for episodes; the fact that they stayed in one place did allow them to build a storyline though (if slowly). The Dominion war itself was interesting but somewhat derivative of Babylon 5 (which I enjoyed more than any Trek series). And ultimately I never really liked Sisko as a chosen of the Prophets: I would rather that have been another character (although I have no idea who). I just felt that at the end of the series, it would have been much more compelling to see Sisko versus Gul Ducat without each of them being tied to some strange quasi-deities. Their original personalities were much more interesting IMO.

Last edited:

Richards

Legend
Darth Shoju said:
I just felt Jonathan Stewart was a much better actor than Avery Brooks (IMO of course).
Jonathan Stewart? I think you mean Patrick Stewart. "Jonathan Stewart" is what results when Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) and Will Riker (Jonathan Frakes) get merged together in a freak transporter accident. :)

Johnathan

Darth Shoju

First Post
Richards said:
Jonathan Stewart? I think you mean Patrick Stewart. "Jonathan Stewart" is what results when Jean-Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) and Will Riker (Jonathan Frakes) get merged together in a freak transporter accident. :)

Johnathan

LOL you are correct sir. I actually *was* considering putting something in about Jonathan Frakes at the time so I suppose that is where it came from. Either that or I was thinking John Stewart the comedian for some reason.

Last edited:

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
DS9 by a long-shot. Even though I watched TOS as a kid in reruns, and really cut myTrek teeth on TNG, DS9 is 'my' Trek. Great characters, great writing, solid acting, and a fantastic collection of good supporting characters. It's like the Hill Street Blues of Star Trek, only without the cheesy early 80's clothes and hair. :)

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
TNG, with DS9 a very close second.
smileyvulcan.gif

DonTadow

First Post
Ds9 all the way, followed by TNG, and then TOS. DS9's characters seemed to be stronger than most of the other tracks. I loved the first and second season ( I think they gave a pretty interesting nod to DND in the first season). Ds9 was the most different show of the series. If it ever returns to television (star trek) i hope they do something other than a ship.

Welverin

First Post
Bah, as if htere's any doubt.

Star Trek comes in second, TNG is a distant third, and the others aren't worth mentioning.

p.s. I'm a front runner.

WayneLigon said:
Someday I should take a look at DS9

Yes, you should!

and Enterprise.

Eh...

DaveMage said:
TOS followed closely by TNG.

I like DS9, but only seasons 4+ are ones that I'd rewatch.

The first first three seasons get dumped on quite undeservedly.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I liked them all. Yes, even Enterprise and Voyager. I'd have to say the last three seasons of DS9 is the best. Next Gen is a close second. But nothing beats the writing of those last seasons of DS9 - which I missed entirely in the first run because I had given up on the show after the second season (which I though was really bad).

Remove ads