Gauging Interest: M&M2 Freedom City

Insight

Adventurer
Hello all,

The purpose of this post is to gauge interest in a possible Mutants & Masterminds (2nd Ed) Freedom City game. I'm inclined to try this out as a short term game and see if there is enough momentum to carry the game forward.

Reply to this post if you have any interest in playing in such a campaign, and any other details you consider germane to the discussion.

hafrogman

Adventurer
I'd put forth a tentative interest.

I haven't been able to use my M&M book much, and I'd like to give it a shot. I don't have any operational knowledge of the Freedom City setting though, if that were to be neccessary.

Insight

Adventurer
hafrogman said:
I'd put forth a tentative interest.

I haven't been able to use my M&M book much, and I'd like to give it a shot. I don't have any operational knowledge of the Freedom City setting though, if that were to be neccessary.

You wouldn't need to know anything about Freedom City to play the game. I would introduce relevant information as needed. It's basically Gotham or Metropolis, the theoretical center of the superhero universe for the purposes of the game.

Graf

Explorer
I'd actually be interested.
I love comics. I don't have time to read them anymore (and the pricing and distribution models aren't particularly appealing) but I dug/dig a pretty wide range of stuff including Preacher, Wathcmen, Top Ten, New Warriors (first few years), (some) X-men, Grendel, Impulse, Spectre, Promethia, (ok, I'll stop now).
(Obviously some of those aren't proper super hero stories but anway.)

Do you have any overarching themes/type of story you're interested in?

Reasons you might not be interested in having me
*I'm not strong on M&M (Don't have the book but wouldn't mind picking it up; been on the list for a while)
*By extension I don't know much about Freedom City
*I can't committe to posting more than once a day.

Insight

Adventurer
Graf said:
I'd actually be interested.
I love comics. I don't have time to read them anymore (and the pricing and distribution models aren't particularly appealing) but I dug/dig a pretty wide range of stuff including Preacher, Wathcmen, Top Ten, New Warriors (first few years), (some) X-men, Grendel, Impulse, Spectre, Promethia, (ok, I'll stop now).
(Obviously some of those aren't proper super hero stories but anway.)

Sounds like a grounding in the classics anyway.

Do you have any overarching themes/type of story you're interested in?

Not as such. I wanted to get a feel for the interest here and what players are going to be in the game before I think too deeply about it. I will have one, but not right now.

Reasons you might not be interested in having me
*I'm not strong on M&M (Don't have the book but wouldn't mind picking it up; been on the list for a while)
*By extension I don't know much about Freedom City
*I can't committe to posting more than once a day.

None of those are huge deals, although you would be significantly hampered during character creation without the book. That said, I would help you or any other player without the book make a character. It's not really that difficult once you know how it works.

See above concerning knowledge of Freedom City.

In terms of posting rate, I'm not sure I can do anything more than 1-2x a day, so I certainly won't hold the players accountable for more than that. 3-5x a week would make the game flow pretty smoothly from my point of view.

Insight

Adventurer
If any of you have the Ultimate Power book, I would allow that as well. Just picked it up tonight off the GR site (PDF).

Graf

Explorer
Then color me interested!

I may be able to figure something out regarding the book. Otherwise I’ll have to take you or someone else up on the offer of help.

I have a couple of different character ideas; probably shouldn’t say more until you want to go ahead or we have a theme.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases