It's the OOC thread for Tales from The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

Lazlow

First Post
Alright, this is no longer a recruitment thread. Disregard the spoilered stuff below, it's now just for reference.
[sblock]
For backstory on the ca-razy history this game, see everything under the big line of smilies. There you will find a link to the original game thread that you may or may not want to read. If you do read it, I promise you'll get a kick out of it. If you don't read it, not only will you NOT get a kick out of it, but you will be just as prepared for the next phase of the game as those who have been playing all along. (If you have been playing all along, please disregard the previous sentence.)

Okay. Character-building particulars:

35 point buy
Character level 5
All core races permitted
All core classes permitted
UA variant races/classes by permission
No alignment restriction
Max gold (for 4th lvl characters)
Max hp first level, 3/4 hp afterwards
Will be using 'action points' from UA
Would like a physical description and short, not-too-detailed background of your character

I also have most of the Complete books, so anything you want to use from those should be fine, too. Just point out to me where you're using something from a non-core book.

The game will take place in a homebrew but somewhat Greyhawk-ish setting, with slight mods here and there as fits my DMing whim. PC's will not initially know each other. Adventures take place in and around the town of Lizard Spit; specifically, the PC's will be loosely based out of The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern. Indeed, the name of the campaign is, amazingly enough, "Tales from The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern." Funny how that worked out.

Yeah, as you can tell, you'll need to bring your sense of humor along with you. I would say that it'll be a feel-good, lighthearted romp through all the foibles and quirks that beset today's up-and-coming adventurers - that is, I would if I were inclined to say crap like that, which I'm not.

Any questions, ask away. Feel free to post your character ideas here - HOWEVER!! In an effort to emphasize the fact that none of the PC's know each other, please put your character ideas in a spoiler block for my eyes only, and don't look at anyone elses! (I may regret this, but... Besides, it might be fun to watch a party of five gnomish barbarians attempt to retrieve an ancient magical artifact, negotiate peace between two warring countries, try to solve a sphinx's riddle, etc...)

The Team Right Now:

DrZombie = Gruammsh Skullcleaver: Half-Orc Paladin of some sort.
Gray Shade = "Sheriff" Berserker Bill: Human, um, Sheriff.
LogicsFate = K: Human Weilder Of Magics Arcane and Necromantic (W.O.M.A.N. - see what I did there), and master of Richard, her cohort.
Wystan = Ranti Akande: Elven Fighter, queasy of stomach, long of wind, loud of dress.

I have no class restrictions, so if you want to be a weapon-wielding type like 3 out of the 4 characters already in, more power to ye. If you want to go ahead and make the party "well-rounded" by adding some different skills, more power to ye, too (*COUGH*buttkisser*COUGH*).

I'll be taking submittals through the end of next week, and it won't be first-come first-serve. And if I see two characters that I simply cannot live without, well, then I'll take two characters. But no guarantees, so, you know... Put your backs into it!

:) ;) :cool: :D :p :lol: :] :heh: :mad: :eek: :confused: :\ :uhoh: :eek: :( :( :eek: :uhoh: :\ :confused: :eek: :mad: :heh: :] :lol: :p :D :cool: ;) :)

First of all, my sincerest and most humble apologies for disappearing seemingly without a trace about a year ago. I won't burden you with details, suffice to say that various real-life goings-on left me without any means to access the boards, and when I finally did have access, I didn't have time, and so on and so forth. A genuine sob story, as they say, and one for which I am truly sorry.

But now I have both access and time, and a hankerin' to return to the days of yore, when Ranti the foppish elf warrior donned a blindfold and strode into battle, when K the dark and mysterious spellcasting maiden literally rent the flesh of those who dared call her 'wench', when Gruammsh the half-orcish paladin shouted scripture at brigands before treating them to cold steel enemas, and when Mr. Berzerker Sheriff Uncle Milty Lord and Master Bill was simply Sheriff Bill, before Ranti went bonkers what with the titles and all.

In other words... I had an absolute blast playing Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern! with you guys and would love to play some more!

Fortunately we left off at a very good stopping point (not in the middle of a fight or anything), so it would be easy to pick back up. (Your characters were leveling up, even.) UNfortunately, there is more than a dozen pages of gameplay to wade through to re-familiarize ourselves. But, if you guys are willing to start back up, then I'll be more than happy to summarize for everyone (I'd need it, too).

So what say you? The Chromium Orb of Frobozz is still out there, just waiting to be retrieved!

Who can forget these epic moments:

Gruammsh: <puffing on a stogie> "I love it when a plan comes together."

Ranti: "As I was saying, We seem to have the basis of a group such as you are looking for right here. However I feel compelled to state that we would be much better off if we would co-ordinate our outfits so that our matching Uniforms could strike fear and recognition and maybe a bit of jealousy over our good taste into our enemies... "

Sheriff Berserker Bill: "I believe there WILL be death involved. But only as much as necessary, with just a little more for good measure."

K: "Wench! He saitschssher ahHHHHHHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

To further whet your memory and thirst for thrilling high adventure: The Original IC Thread For Tales From The Old Bald One-Eyed Salty Red Dog Tavern!

=========

A quick note about the other players: Gray Shade, who played Sheriff Bill, is a friend of mine and will no doubt join if you guys do. Ranger Rick, who played Desert Sump, the Forrest Gump-like monk, seemed to have disappeared about a month before we stopped playing and hasn't been seen on the boards since, according to his "last post" date (unless, of course, he's changed user names or something).[/sblock]

I'm gonna jump the gun just a tad here since we didn't have many submittals ( :\ )and welcome our two (yeah) new players: Craw Hammerfist and Lord Raven! They'll introduce themselves shortly (wait for my signal please, guys, you'll be on the scene shortly).

Continue your normal OOC goings-on in here.

Last edited:

LogicsFate

First Post
Nooo, we need MORE BUMP!
"I haven't been hanging in the TtT much lately, it would have killed me to miss this thread."
Don't feel too bad I disappeared for the year too. I'd hold out for Wystan though, he kept bumping the old thread for awhile.

Last edited:

Wystan

Explorer
I am interested.... First time I saw this.... I tend not to frequesnt the PbP board.... :)

Now to find Ranti Akande

Found him. Did we just mak 4th or were we leveling from 4th?

Lazlow

First Post
Hooray! Good to see you guys again. Don't have much time now, but I'll be around.

I think you guys were leveling up to 4. Actually, you may have been going up to 5. I'll check on it.

Wystan

Explorer
I justread the entire thread. Wow are we wierd..... :)

Looking forward to this..... :)

I think my favorite quote (from Ranti of course) is "Cut off your hair and use it as a small rug."

Lazlow

First Post
Indeed, we were quite the strange bunch. Still are, I'm sure.

All my old game stuff is on my work computer (Shhh :uhoh: ) so I'll figure out some details and post them tomorrow.

And thank you so much for giving this a second chance! I'm excited to get back into this!

Remove ads