Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

Which team will win Super Bowl XLI?

• Poll closed .

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I have no idea.

I think you'd have to favor the Colts, but if Super Rex shows up, the Bears can certainly win.

was

Adventurer
I think that the Bears will win it.....Don't get me wrong, I'm a bigger AFC fan, but defense wins superbowls and I think the Bears defense still looks better.

Ghostwind

First Post
I'm going with the Colts on this one. A lot of factors play into this. One being that the Colts are hungry and will be tightly focused on their goal. Just getting to the Super Bowl isn't enough. They want to win.

Now add in the fact that going to play in Miami will motivate the team because that is where Dungy's son died not too long ago. The players will want to win for their coach even more.

As far as the Bears go, Grossman will not have a good day because of the defensive pressure he will constantly be under. The Colts defense is every bit as good as the Bears and that is something that the Bears haven't really faced.

Regardless of who wins, one thing will be certain in that it will be not just a game but a war. Expect casualties.

kenobi65

First Post
Ghostwind said:
The Colts defense is every bit as good as the Bears

I think you might get some argument on that one. Granted, the Bears defense was not nearly as good in the second half of the season as they were early on, but the Colts defense was pretty poor for much of the regular season.

Regular season rankings:
- Yards allowed: Chicago #5 (294 yards), Indy #21 (332 yards)
- Points allowed: Chicago #3 (15.9 points per game), Indy #23 (22.5 points per game)

The Colts D decided to show up in the first two rounds of the playoffs, granted, but the Bears held the #1 offense in the NFL to 14 points today.

(And, I'm arguing the case for the Bears, when I'm a Packer fan, for cryin' out loud. :D )

was

Adventurer
kenobi65 said:
I think you might get some argument on that one. Granted, the Bears defense was not nearly as good in the second half of the season as they were early on, but the Colts defense was pretty poor for much of the regular season.

Regular season rankings:
- Points allowed: Chicago #3 (15.9 points per game), Indy #23 (22.5 points per game)

The Colts D decided to show up in the first two rounds of the playoffs, granted, but the Bears held the #1 offense in the NFL to 14 points today.

(And, I'm arguing the case for the Bears, when I'm a Packer fan, for cryin' out loud. :D )

.....You know, it could turn out to be one of the best superbowl's ever if both Grossman and the Colt's defense make good showings during the game.

drothgery

First Post
kenobi65 said:

Regular season rankings:

Of course, there's also
- Yards: Indy #3 (329); Chicago #15 (324)
but oddly...

The advanced stats at footballoutsiders.com say the Colts have the #1 offense, #27 defense, and #26 special teams, while the Bears have the #18 offense, #2 defense, and #1 special teams.

kenobi65 said:

Really, it looked like the Colts D showed up today, too. The Colts return teams (both on coverage and run-backs) were awful, and often put the defense in impossible situations, but it looked like the defense played okay.

kenobi65 said:

Which is so wrong it's scary.

Still, I've got to go with Indy here.

John Crichton

First Post
I'm gonna hold off on my pick until I get a chance to sit down and analyze a bit. I've been writing a few paragraphs on each match-up in Crothian's NFL thread for the whole playoffs and it's been a lot of fun. Not to mention a 7-3 picks record (5-1 after the wild card round).

And I'm still a little high from the Colts victory. For a game the Giants weren't a part of, that's the most I've ever been into an NFL game. I cheered out loud when Brady was picked off to seal the victory. :)

That said, I've said all along (with many others) that who ever comes out of the AFC will win it all...

Remove ads