Mmmmm! Crab Legs!

escaflowne777

First Post
I'm looking for a mount for my small sized character, and i've decided on a giant crab. Where would i find rules for a crab mount? or any kind of crab. The more fire resistant the better but any crab will do. thanks a lot.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Stormwrack has stats on monstrous crabs, typed as vermin (aquatic). This, of course, gives them Int -- and thus unsuitable as mounts. So, see if you can't find one with a template on it that gives it fire resistance and some intelligence to be trainable as a mount.

frankthedm

First Post
Make them Fiendish or Celestial and thier int will be 3.

Wotc publications also seem to let fiendish templated creatures keep Mindless even when thier int hits 3.

sukael

First Post
Infiniti2000 said:
Stormwrack has stats on monstrous crabs, typed as vermin (aquatic). This, of course, gives them Int -- and thus unsuitable as mounts. So, see if you can't find one with a template on it that gives it fire resistance and some intelligence to be trainable as a mount.

There's a warbeast (I think that's the name?) template in... either MM2 or Savage Species, I can't remember which, which can be applied to vermin to make them useable as mounts.

Remove ads