Give me something to do

Oryan77

Adventurer
Land Outcast said:
A candidate, is the old and loved Cure Critical Wounds 4d8+7 healing power.
That's exactly what I was thinking of using instead. I'll just go with that. Thanks again man.

I may start checking this thread for other NPC's you create for other people. I might start stealing some of these guys :p

Land Outcast

Explorer
I may start checking this thread for other NPC's you create for other people. I might start stealing some of these guys
That'd be a nice side-effect to the creation of the thread, the better if it can be useful. And, by all means, if you want another NPC or creature, speak up.

@chakken98: working on it -just got to write it down-, soon to be posted. Probably tomorrow.

Land Outcast

Explorer
[sblock=Out of the shadows it came... (CR 20)]I'd swear it was human... If it wasn't for those eyes... those black botomless pits...

Death Walker
Medium Outsider (Extraplanar)
Init +6;
Senses Darkvision 60 ft.;
Listen +23, Spot +23
Languages: Abyssal, Infernal, Common
----------------------------------------------------------------
AC 32, touch 16, flat-footed 26;
(+16 Natural, +6 Dex)
hp (max) 300 (15d8+180); Regen 5/good; DR 10/cold iron or good
Saves [SR 26]
Fort +21 (9 race, 12 Con)
Ref +15 (9 race, 6 Dex) Evasion
Will +14 (9 race, 5 Wis)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Speed 40 ft. (8 squares)
Melee
+3 Keen Bastard Sword of the Death Walker +31/+26/+21 (1d10+16/17-20)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Attack +15; Grp +27
Atk Options sneak attack +6d6
Special Actions black eyed, souldrinking, doom
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Abilities (32 pts):
Str 35 (10pts + 18 racial + 1 stat bump)
Dex 22 (4pts + 10 racial)
Con 34 (10pts + 18 racial)
Int 20 (2pts + 10 Racial)
Wis 20 (2pts + 10 racial)
Cha 26 (4pts + 12 racial + 2 stat bumps)​
SQ: Shadow Blend
Feats:
Racial Bonus Feat: Track
Ability focus (black eyes)
Ability focus (doom)
Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword)
Combat Expertise
Improved Feint
Power Attack

Skills
Bluff +26 (18 Ranks Race, 8 Cha)
Concentration +30 (18 Ranks Race, 12 Con)
Diplomacy +26 (18 Ranks Race, 8 Con)
Gather Information +26 (18 Ranks Race, 8 Cha)
Hide +24 (18 Ranks Race, 6 Dex)
Jump +34 (18 Ranks Race, 12 Str, 4 Speed)
Tumble +26 (18 Ranks Race, 3 Wis)
Knowledge (The Planes) +23 (18 Ranks Race, 5 Int)
Listen +23 (18 Ranks Race, 5 Wis)
Move Silently +24 (18 Ranks Race, 6 Dex)
Spot +23 (18 Ranks Race, 5 Wis)
Survival +23 (18 Ranks Race, 5 Wis)
Tumble +24 (18 Ranks Race, 6 Dex)

Shadow Blend(Su) - Blending with the shadows, a Death Walker gains a +10 modifier on hide checks when in less than full daylight.
Black Eyed(Su) - Gaze attack, 30 feet, Fortitude 31, bestows 1d4 negative levels.This is a death effect.
Souldrinking(Su) - The Death Walker's weapon is an etension of his self, when a Death Walker kills a mortal with his weapon of choice (creature with a soul basically), the creature must make a Will save (of variable DC, 25 for this Death Walker's) or have its soul devoured by the weapon. This prevents any form of raising or resurrection short of Wish, Miracle, or True Resurrection.
After having drank up to certain HD worth of souls, the Death Walker's weapon gains the following enhancements:
20 - DC 16 - +1
80 - DC 19 - +1 Keen
180 - DC 22 - +2 Keen
320 - DC 25 - +3 Keen
500 - DC 28 - +1 Keen Marrowcrushing (1 Con damage)
720 - DC 31 - +2 Keen Marrowcrushing
980 - DC 34 - +3 Keen Marrowcrushing
1280 - DC 37 - +4 Keen Marrowcrushing
1620 - DC 40 - +1 Keen Marrowcrushing Brilliant Energy​
At every "level up", if the weapon is wielded by someone other than a Death Walker, the wielder must make a Will save (same DC as Souldrinking) or have his own soul drank by the sword and find himself transformed into a Death Walker.
Doom(Su) - Whenever someone spills the blood of a Death Walker, be it with magic or with weapons, he must make a Fort 29 or start bleeding a strange black substance effectively loosing 1 hp per round which cannot be stopped except by the application of Heal and a caster level check DC 30 (15+HD) by the caster. Multiple blood spillings stack.
Spell-like Abilities CL 15th, DC 18 + spell level
At Will - darkness, enervation, ethereal jaunt, greater dispel magic, greater teleport, hold monster (DC 22), obscuring mist, silence (DC 20), true seeing, unholy aura (DC 26), unholy blight (DC 22)
3/day - blasphemy (DC 25), energy drain (DC 27)
[/sblock]

here I stole shamelessly from the Nabassu in Fiendish Codex II...
If you want something more "human" I was planning on doing a Bloodhound (Complete Adventurer).

Oryan77

Adventurer
Land Outcast said:
And, by all means, if you want another NPC or creature, speak up.
Ok, you asked for it. I won't be using him anytime soon, but if you want to create the Ultraloth (MM3) master for me, go right ahead. So far, he's only made a cameo in our game and the PC's don't even know his name yet. I haven't even written a bio for him. So you have free reign to do whatever you like with this guy. He's supposed to be powerful, but I run a slower levelling progression game, so I don't want him so high where the PC's need to be epic lvl to fight him.

A quick little writup on him to help you get ideas:

M'Trenz Ro is an Ultroloth who travels from town to town on the Outlands, seeking information for any power that may help him towards his rise in the fiendish ranks. M'trenz promises gold, information, & even their own power to anyone willing to help him in searching out rumored artifacts and other powerful magic. What his hirelings don't realize is that once they've joined his pursuit, they have also been lured into the Yugoloths ranks as pawns in the Blood War. To non Yugoloths, M'Trenz is known as the treasure-seeking Ultroloth that specializes in finding magical treasures. But to other Yugoloths, M'Trenz is known as the recruiter for Yugoloth mercenary companies in the Blood War. Both agendas of his are not known between the two sides.

Oryan77

Adventurer
Land Outcast said:
Ok...
CR 15? 19?
How do you want me to customize it?
variant racial abilities and qualities or just templates and/or class levels?
I was thinking maybe about CR17. I'm not sure if that gives you enough to play with though.

My NPC building is pretty limited to just stacking class levels and maybe a PrC here and there. I've never done much heavy racial adjustments or even templates. So I don't even really know what you could do with that. If you have some ideas, please let me know...I might learn something :)

chakken98

First Post
Land Outcast

That will do just nicely, thanks alot. But if you still want to do the Bloodhound go it...wouldn't mind seeing that one either.

Land Outcast

Explorer
---I'll make a lapsus, if you want to drop your requests by, do so, but they won't be completed until I announce I return to active mode (sometime in te future)---

jason_gosse

First Post
I would like to see some one try and Build Riddick from pitch black and Cronicles of riddick. Have made a go at it my self but never turned out so good.
cr 20

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Land Outcast said:
I'm bored...
Someone ask me for a Creature or NPC of CR 1-20 (preferably not a primary caster, 'tis boring -for me- to do the spell selection... also, no psionics).
Just describe it in a simple, non-mechanical way.
Actually... maybe you can do this for me.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

ECL 6-8 or so, but you can adjust it if you need to. I was originally thinking of using ToB for them, as they need to be able to hold their own in a non-magic world (and, if you follow the more recent stuff, they need to hold their own against some magic).

And, if you can, the rest of the cast.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases