RIP - Eric's Grandma

EricNoah

Adventurer
Nettie Hoguieson, my grandmother and the inspiration for "Grandma's rule" at EN World, passed away earlier today at a nursing home in northern Wisconsin. She had battled cancer for the past couple of years and outlived various doctors' predictions of her death. My mother and father took care of her in their home for about a year, then moved her to a nursing home a few months go when caring for her became a full-time job, and she was happy and comfortable until the end.

Grandma was preceded in death by her husband (my grandfather) Merlin Hoguieson; and one of her daughters (my aunt) Marsha Hauge. She is survived by her other daughter (my mother) Cheryl Noah, four grandchildren, and six great-grandchildren.

It gives me great comfort to know that she is now in a better place, and that she lives on in spirit in the hearts of those who knew and loved her. I know there are many here at EN World who had a special regard for her, particularly those who were so very thoughtful in sending her postcards and holiday cards a couple of years ago. If the EN World forums are, at least in part, my legacy, they are also hers.

Last edited:

Dimwhit

Explorer
I think a moment of silence before everyone's gaming session this week is in order. Seriously.

My condolences, Eric.

Fenris

Adventurer
My family's thoughts and consolations are with you and your family Eric. I am particularly glad to hear that she was happy and comfortable until the end.

Remove ads