Viridian Plague--Act 4: The Sleeping Queen

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Continued for just Obscurity at the moment, maybe more later if they live)

*Obscurity reappears in the central area near where the door with the dryads once stood. Now there is only shifting light along the wall. The Summer and Spring doors are still present, but the Winter door is gone, leaving pale illumination, as Lyssa sits awaiting the arrival of more Guardians, or Trayah.*

"Ah, well done!" Lyssa says, seeming relieved that someone else had finished, "So what did they make you do?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Obscurity breathes a huge sigh of relief as she exits her trial. She runs up to Lyssa and gives her a big hug, then embarassed lets go and says, "Um, well there was an eye that shot rays of frost as I climbed, balanced, and jumped my way through an obstacle course. I'm um not doing so well, but at least I'm though. I think I've expended virtually all my resources. What did you have to do?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Really? You look fine to me, hon," Lyssa points to Obscurity, looking for the marks of injuries.

*And indeed, with the fading light from the shifting spirit-dryads, Obscurity seems to have been restored to full health. She can even feel the arcane potential of her expended spells returned to her.*

"As for my trial, well, I wound up with a series of annoying long logic puzzles. Let me tell you something--solving the clues on a blank symmetrically-latticed crossword puzzle is hard enough already, but when to fit everything you have to figure out to imagine your solution on the surface of a Klein bottle and wrap around to the other side, and then you have to read along the diagonal once everything is finished to find the answer, it can get frustrating--and that was just one of the ones they threw at me. Fortunately, I had everything under control--apparently wrong answers would have been met with icy blasts or something like that, or so the voice told me, but I can't be sure if she was bluffing or not, since I didn't care to find out!"

Erekose13

Explorer
"That was all just in the trial? Few, I'm glad I didn't have to find out if dying was a final end in there. I'm also glad that I didn't have those kind of puzzles, I would have met more icy blasts than I did already." replies Obscurity.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Obscurity will note that her rope is still gone--it wasn't just an illusion, apparently--she was probably intentionally healed and refreshed at the end)

"Well, I'm quite glad I didn't have to jump and tumble around. I don't have your catlike reflexes, so unless they would have let me just fly through the whole thing, I would not have made it back."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I wish I could've flown, you'll have to teach me that one. Oh wait my rope, I guess it wasn't all in my head. I'll need another one I guess." replies Obscurity.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Flight is a convenient trick--it helps keep away from big grappling monsters that have no ranged attack or flight ability," Lyssa offers, "This is extremely useful against most dangerous Mojiin assassins, although admittedly some of them can fly."

"Yes...I don't think it was in our heads--it felt more like we were shifting into pocket dimensions, or maybe touching what the people here would call the 'Spirit World'. Actually, you're one of the 'people here', or so it seems. Do you know anything more about it?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Suddenly, Trayah's door swirls and disappears in an aura of clear light, as the Shaman himself is shunted through the doorway and back into the central area with Obscurity and Lyssa. Only Whinoah has yet to return.*

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Well, it was much different than what I expected, and it appears I was supposed to do the trials I sent you to myself as well.”

*Trayah crosses quickly to the Summer door as he speaks, looking at his companions only long enough to make sure they’re whole.*

“I wonder if I am permitted to help Whinoah now, or whether she and I are stuck with the error I made...”

*As he utters the last word, Trayah reaches out to touch the Summer door.*

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases