Viridian Plague--Act 4: The Sleeping Queen

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Well, that certainly got the blood pumping, though it doesn’t solve our main problem. As with Rowanne’s object missing, we’ve got no better idea of what’s going on than before. Was the object taken? Were we transported to a different room? I just don’t know, so we might as well try another passageway from here, perhaps on the top tier... something to the left of where we are now or to the right of where we should have originally entered, assuming we haven’t been turned around.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Following that passage, they wind up on the correspondingly-opposite side of the top tier of an identical room.*

"Hmm...with all these counterexamples, I must conclude that the first room had slight differences from the rest, but all these others have been the same. Perhaps if we continue for a time we will return from whence we began?"

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“I would assume so, but then how can we tell if we have returned to it or not, when each subsequent room has an identical appearance to the first, if anything we leave behind to mark a room is either removed or doesn’t matter as we are actually being transported elsewhere as we walk. Perhaps we should just continue trying to retrace our path, regardless,” Trayah offers, looking back down the passageway they just left.

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“It seems we must, if the first room holds the only passage that will allow us to proceed. If nothing strange is going on, beyond unattended items disappearing, we should only need to pass back through the passage we just traversed, and then take the passage in the left wall... opposite the one we reentered that room through, unless I am mistaken.”

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If we want to be careful, we should retrace our steps exactly and take the mirrored four exits to our original path, including the redundant back-and-forth. It is frankly unclear, however, as to whether either of those will help. We should try something, though, right?"

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Yes, we should. So, you’re thinking we should also retrace the path we’ve already retraced? Well, I suppose that’s worth a try, though it seems a little redundant... then with what we’ve encountered thus far, who knows what might be required.”

OOC: Can Trayah call any of his spirits in here, as Amanal didn’t appear earlier to help search?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Either way, let's do something," Lyssa offers.

(OOC: He can, but it takes some time to call up a spirit in general when not channeling, so I had him not do it in consideration of the time limit on the turn attempt)

unleashed

First Post
Trayah, Lacerta Shaman

“Well, let’s try it your way... with the redundant backtracking... even though it didn’t seem to help us find Rowanne’s path marking attempt,” Trayah declares.

OOC: I thought the shaman’s spirit companion was always around. :confused:

Remove ads