Viridian Plague--Act 4: The Sleeping Queen

unleashed

First Post
OOC: I think not! :p Just before the action, means just before the action, not just before Xth part of the action. ;)

The way you made it work in play though is nothing short of amazing. One arrow couldn't keep the water back for more than an instant, but if three arrows are fired in succession with rapid shot the 2nd and 3rd don't encounter any water. Most magical indeed. :lol:

Edit: Anyway, back to events as they've unfolded. :)

Last edited:

unleashed

First Post
*As soon as they emerge from the water, Trayah sets about healing the pair.*

[SBLOCK=OOC]Just tell me which spell levels Trayah uses to heal Lyssa and Obscurity.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: In this case, the word 'action' refers to the previously-mentioned 'conditions' rather than to a standard action, etc. You can ready an action to kill someone if they speak, for instance, which they can do out of turn.

As a more obvious example that this reading is correct, you can also ready an action to disrupt a spell, which obviously wouldn't do anything if the attack actually took place entirely before the spell does)

(OOC2: Obscurity is missing 47, and Lyssa is missing ~90. I'm going to sleep, but you can roll the healing if you like)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you again Trayah for your healing. I think this quest would've ended a long time ago without your abilities." says Obscurity as she is healed. She then checks on Lyssa to make sure she is holding up.

unleashed

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: In this case, the word 'action' refers to the previously-mentioned 'conditions' rather than to a standard action, etc. You can ready an action to kill someone if they speak, for instance, which they can do out of turn.)
Yes you can, as you're striking just before a free action is resolved. ;)

Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: As a more obvious example that this reading is correct, you can also ready an action to disrupt a spell, which obviously wouldn't do anything if the attack actually took place entirely before the spell does)
OOC: It's also supported by the fact that you can attack someone coming through a doorway or around a corner, as they've already started their move action, heck they could have finished it by the time you see them. You know I've been teasing you, right ... sorry, I was bored. :D :eek:

The fact is that the readied action takes place as soon as the conditions it requires are met (usually at the beginning or or during another action). So the flame strike should have been cast as soon as the water was parted, not after the last arrow left the bow in this case, as a readied action interrupts the action that triggers it as soon as the conditions are met. What you did in the end was pretty much the same as delaying an action until right after the previous character, which you said wouldn't work. No need to change things around though, but I thought I'd point it out. ;)

The parted water situation certainly had some peculiarities to it nonetheless. Considering that a single arrow (standard action) couldn't keep the water back for more than an instant, but in a rapid fire situation (full round action) the first arrow managed to keep the water back until after the third arrow. Strange considering each additonal arrow would be fired a second or two later than the previous arrow. :lol:

unleashed

First Post
Erekose13 said:
"Thank you again Trayah for your healing. I think this quest would've ended a long time ago without your abilities." says Obscurity as she is healed. She then checks on Lyssa to make sure she is holding up.
“Without all our abilities, I would say,” Trayah replies, bowing his head humbly in response, as he finishes healing Lyssa and Obscurity.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Obscurity healed 45 points:
CSW on Obscurity (35)
CLW on Obscurity (10)
Lyssa healed 91 points:
CCW on Lyssa (32)
CCW on Lyssa (32)
CSW on Lyssa (27)[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
"With this much corruption around, time is certainly of the essence. We must keep moving if we are all okay." urges Obscurity as she looks towards the direction they were headed.

unleashed

First Post
“Yes, let’s push on. Hopefully we can stay clear of subsequent troubles of this kind, now we know what to look for,” Trayah adds, as he moves off along their intended path.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: A bit of an unconventional way of beating a monster, but hey--it works, and Trayah didn't even need to use the Flame Strike :lol: )
OOC: Cool, I'm smart :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Despite Trayah's admonition, they have to slog through the sludgy morass to continue, and it is all-but-impossible to see into the murky depths, so if there is another creature beneath, they will still have trouble noticing. They continue onward for a while, and fortunately, the next danger appears to be above the surface...though the fortune is the last thing to come to Whinoah's mind as she reacts instinctively when some of the swamp trees come to life, red pussy eyes appearing and rolling towards the group as the trees whip out oily tentacles to attack.*

(OOC: Whinoah was unsurprised and also wins Init)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases