My Very Own House Own House Rules: Classes

Captain NeMo

First Post
Pretty much what it says on the tin. My own changes to the core classes, with a couple rules needing to be added for the Bard, Druid & possibly the Paladin. Comment, critique etc.

[sblock=MVOHR: PHB Classes]Cleric
HIT DICE
The cleric’s hit die has been changed to a d6.

DOMAINS
Several of the granted powers have altered. Unless otherwise stated, the bonuses replace the previous powers.

Animals
Granted Powers: Add Knowledge (Nature) and Ride as cleric class skills. Speak with Animals as a spell like ability 1/day per 4 HD.
Knowledge
Granted Powers: Education[ECS] as a bonus feat at first level. You cast divination spells at +1 caster level.
Luck
Granted Powers: Heroic Spirit[ECS] as a bonus feat at first level.
Travel
Granted Powers: Freedom of Movement as a spell like ability 1/day per 4 HD. Knowledge (Local) and Gather Information as a class skill.

TURN ATTEMPTS
All of a cleric’s turn attempts for the day are pooled. e.g. A water cleric does not treat it’s number of turn attempts for fire creatures separate from turn attempts for undead – he has turn uses per day to use between the two as he see fit.

Fighter
CLASS SKILLS
Listen and Spot are added as class skills for all fighters.

LEGENDARY PROWESS
From 15th level, all fighters may ignore numeric prerequisites when selecting their fighter bonus feats.

Sorcerer
CLASS SKILLS
Diplomacy and Intimidate are added as class skills for all sorcerers.

ESCHEW MATERIALS
Sorcerers gain Eschew Materials as a bonus feat at 1st level. They may only use this feat for sorcerer spells.

IGNORE MATERIAL COMPONENTS
Sorcerers gain Ignore Material Components as a bonus feat at 15th level. They may only use this feat for sorcerer spells.

Wizard
FORBIDDEN SCHOOLS
Wizards may choose divination as a forbidden school.[/sblock]

Nikroecyst

First Post
I like the Sorcerer changes seeing as how I've never had my players worry about material components unless its an identify spell.

As for the Wizard changes, I dont' like it, but thats just me. I like the idea that Wizards are more perceptive when it comes to magic than Sorcerers, who tend to be more wild and dont' know why they just do. But thats me.

Remove ads