E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Erekose13

Explorer
Intro

Finally finished their task for the Sage's Guild, Sir Ishmael departs the group wishing to explore his new found heritage on his own. Left with a map and a lot of phat loot, Percy, Gorefoot, Nars, Nezrak, and Rodimus decide to stick together. After spending some time in town together (purchasing items, making lots of new magic stuff, etc) the subject of where to go next eventually surfaces.

Sure there are bad guys to trail and likely job offers to pluck from the board in the Inn, but one other mystery remains. What the heck was that map the gnome was carrying back in the dungeon? Pulling it out the others puzzle over what looks like the map to a small dungeon mine. Neither Percy, Nars, nor Nezrak really know what to make of it other than what their research tells them: someone casting teleport with this map would be able to land the party directly in the dungeon without a chance of miscalculations. Tired or bored of the academic discussions Gorefoot hasn't really been paying attention, but on a whim or perhaps the pull of fate he looks down at the map and studies it a bit. A flash of inspiration hits as he realizes that it is a map of the gem mine back in Gemhold. Though there is something more to it...

Characters
  • Persephone - human Sorceror 4/Human Paragon 3, played by Manzanita
  • Nars Blackbeard - dwarven Rogue 5/Fighter 1, played by SlagMortar
  • Nezrak Duskstar - gray elven Wizard 5, played by Xael
  • Rodimus - half-orc Monk 6, played by Dalamar
  • Gorefoot - gnome halfling Barbarian 2/Ranger 3, played by IcyCool
  • Ridik Keita - mountain goblin Cleric of Russna 4, played by Velmont

Treasure Haul #1
Treasure Haul #2

XP Reward #1
XP Reward #2
XP Reward #3
XP Reward #4

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"Is this your home, Fondar?" Percy asks, amazed. "Perhaps its time we paid a visit to those evil goblins who killed your mom."

OOC: I thought it was gnolls who had the map. Looks good, in any case, Erekose!

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: it was Nestiphae who had it. She was disguised as a gnoll during the night time raid (which she had started btw). So when she died she reverted to a gnome form (different from the one she was in when you met her, she had disguised herself as an innocent young gnome) and it was on her body that you found it.

IcyCool

First Post
OOC: There were a couple of errors on Gorefoot's sheet (nothing that has effected his performance thus far), so those have been fixed, and I'll notify the character judges again today.

Staring down at the map, Gorefoot shakes his head in disbelief. Home.

When Nars asks about Nestiphae, Gorefoot looks up. "I don't remember her, but I don't remember a lot of people. If she was one of them, then she died too quick."

Manzanita

First Post
"Gorefoot - it does seem strange that this gnome, or doppleganger, or whatever, was carrying around a map of your homeland. Particularly one that allows teleporting. Look at the map some more. Is it accurate? Do you think we're ready to return to liberate your homeland?" Percy has long harbored the hope that she could help her friend Fondar in this long-deferred dream.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCk=OOC]Sorry for the slow answers, but Manz' message have fall in my junk mails...

Yes, I was thinking to retire Ridik...

I love Rinaldo (my merchant), and I like Opale (wife of Rinaldo's cousin, Fransisco), and I was thinking to replace Ridik with a third member of the family (Dante). I want to introduce Dante as an NPC in an adventure before taking control of it as a PC, but that adventure will be a follow up of di Senzio's Tournement, where some of teh character will head toward's Rinaldo's homeland.

Ultimately, I want to make these three characters become NPC at the same time in an adventure centered on Rinaldo. Rinaldo is an husband, and the father of three children, and I was thinking to involve all my character in the rescue of Rinaldo,s family, which have been kidnapped by some old enemy of Rinaldo (he has already a few)...

But before all that, I need to finish the Tournement and there follow up adevnture, which mean Dante will probably appear in many month only. I was thinking to simply let Ridik inactive, but being offered this opportunity, I see many advantages: Ridik might raise in level (and Dante would start at higher level), I migth even change my mind because Ridik evolve in a more interesting direction, and seeing the present party, i,ve played with everyone here and it's been only in interesting to excellent stories.

All that to tell, yes, I'll give it a try, and give another chance to Ridik. If for once he fall on a story that doesn't died and give him a chance to roleplay, he might become more interesting.[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Personally, I'd love to add Ridik. For now, I'll leave it up to Erekose to drop a hook, or perhaps we could just meet him at the RDI.

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Goblins," Rodimus says with a grin on his face, and pops his knuckles. While the half-orc is mainly searching for stronger opponents to test his might against, a horde of weaklings would do just the same.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: I think recruiting a healer on your own from the Inn would be best as long as that hook works for Ridik. Velmont, as this is an adventure designed to draw from the PCs backgrounds, I'd be open to adding some mountain goblin stuff in too.

Remove ads