E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

Velmont

First Post
"Look for you? You think so? You look convinced... maybe. Yes, I am a cleric of Russna. I come from a moastery in the mountain. We are a small group of mountain goblin who has build the monestary... well, not me, but my ancerstor, and since that time, our small group is trying to gather knowledge of all around teh world and gather it in the monastery. It is not easy, as many person mistake us for our far cousin and they make us a bad reputation. But perosnnally, what interest me teh most, it is all about arcana. Sadly, I don't have the skill to handle such arcana, but Russna help me and I can use a few of teh magical item the wizards can use. So I am seeking these two wizards to get a chance to gather even more for my monastery.... you told you were teh one I am searching... so you are heading to some mine. Right? That would explain why you are here and not in the common room. If you don'T mind, I would like to come with you. Would you be interested?"

Manzanita

First Post
Percy smiles pleasently. Then she cups her hand to her mouth to try out one of her new spells. This spell isn't as dramatic as her other new spell, but more appropriate here.

Each of her 4 friends hears her whispered voice in their ear. "We do need a cleric." she says. "This guy has been here before, I think. I'm going to slip out and ask Joe if he's trustworthy. Joe should know what he's been up to."

Percy continues to smile. "You guys talk it out. I need to go to the little girl's room for a minute."

Percy then leaves.

Manzanita

First Post
"OK. Ridik, you are welcome to join us. It's going to be dangerous, but we could use a friendly goblin on this trip. You see, goblins have taken over the stronghold of gemhold, which rightly belongs to a tribe of gnomes, of which Gorefoot is one," she points to Gorefoot, who is now, of course, a halfling.

"We are going to go there & wipe out these goblins and restore the gnomes to their rightful possessions. Gorefoot, do you know if anyone else from your tribe survived? Or perhaps the location of those travelers who saved you? We might be a able to recruit some allies in that way. Also, even if we clear out the goblins, who is going to move in? We should try to get in contact with some gnomes."

IcyCool

First Post
Manzanita said:
"We are going to go there & wipe out these goblins and restore the gnomes to their rightful possessions. Gorefoot, do you know if anyone else from your tribe survived? Or perhaps the location of those travelers who saved you? We might be a able to recruit some allies in that way. Also, even if we clear out the goblins, who is going to move in? We should try to get in contact with some gnomes."

Gorefoot shakes his head, "There was an attack one night. The biggest we'd ever seen. They killed more than half of the people in the hold, and took several others prisoner before we fought them off. I was part of a rescue party that went after the goblins to their lair. It was a couple miles north of the hold. We sent for help from a nomadic tribe that would set up camp in the area every few years. They didn't show up right away, so we went in alone. I .. I don't really remember what happened, but I woke up in the nomad camp. They had already started south for the season, and they said that I was the only survivor of the rescue party." He gazes down at the table quietly for a moment, "They said that when they went back to the hold to see to the gnomes who were left after the raid, but the hold was overrun by the goblins. I don't know what happened to the gnomes who were left."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy tilts her head sadly. She knows these memories are hard on her friend.

"So this is a mission of revenge. And by destroying this goblin tribe, we will prevent them from doing these things ever again. Perhaps if we can clear the caverns, we can set up a camp of our own there, and try to recruit some others to settle there, if the mining is good. Maybe we can ask around as we travel and see if we can find good people who need a home."

"The nomads might be a good place to start. I wonder if they still go up there. Either way, if we could find them.... Do you know what time of year they tended to go up? Or where they went when they weren't near Gemhold?"

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=IcyCool]Not sure if you had a plan in regards to Percy's question, but yes you know how to contact them and should be able to find them about this time of year if you wanted to[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: thats a good question (though not one I'm very good at answering) IcyCool, if you have any particular location in mind feel free to make it up. Otherwise I'll put it somewhere.

Velmont

First Post
"Oh yeah, there is different type of gblin, just like there is different type of elf and dwarf or humans. You see, mountain goblins are named like that because we have isolated ourselves in the moutain. We were a bit tired to be attck like vermin and we wanted to acheive more and get some peace. My community have dedicated themselves to Russna, which is a common goddess in our culture as many of us seek enligthment throught knowledge. We love to build things that stay in time. you should see our monastery, quite a piece.

So, you want to go find your tribe. I didn't knew that gnomes was accepting haflings into there tribes. Interesting. Sad that such open minded tribe was atatcked by goblins. I will surely be not welcome there, but I am not very welcome anywhere anyway and if I had to stay only where I feel safe, I woudl have stayed in my monastery and I would havn't left and I wouldn't have found all those interesting things."

Remove ads