RG
IC

Active PCs:
Bollaron Gustafson, Human Bbn2/Sor2/Rog3, felonious assault
Aaron Welling, Human Wiz5/Elemental Savant2, Mellubb
Meenah, Human Rog 6, Li Shenron
Nyla Ohmsford, Human Clr6/Ftr1, Eydis

[sblock=Edaesmyd Pantheon]
Errol, The Sun God, Errol the Unerring, Errol Redblade. LG and paladin-like in his attributes. His favored weapon is the longsword. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any sword. Ethos: Defend the weak, commit no evil act, and obey the church hierarchy. Priest title: Eye of the Sun. Domains: Good, Law, Sun, War. Errol's archenemy is The God of Death, Reven. Errol is an Elder God.
Holy Servants:
¤Hyperion, the Morning Star, Herald of the Sun. Also called the Star of Intercession.
¤The Daedalion, Bringer of Justice. Founder of the Order of Icarus.

Madriel, The All-Mother, Well-Mother, Mother Springstaff. NG and cleric-like in her attributes. Her favored weapon is the staff. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus net. Ethos: Must be of good alignment, and use lethal force only as a last resort. Priest title: Brother/Sister. Domains: Good, Healing, Protection, Water. The All-Mother, as the mother-creator of all living beings, is deeply saddened by the addition of death to her creation but is aware that life is made more precious by death and thus holds no animosity toward Tinuviel. Madriel is an Elder God.

Tinuviel, The Lady of Vengeance, Fionna Tinuviel, The Lady of Death. CN and her favored weapon is the dagger. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus scourge, whip, blowgun. Ethos: Vengeance. Title: None. Domains: Chaos, Death, Destruction, Strength. In the Golden Age, before all living creatures became mortal, Fionna Tinuviel loved a human. When the human spurned her love, Fionna was filled with the wrath of rejection and she killed him, thus setting the precedent for death and making all living creatures mortal, save her own kindred. The Lady of Pain is worshipped by any who seek vengeance for justice undone. The Lady of Vengeance is an Elder God.

Drendd, The Father of Stone. LG and his favored weapon is the warhammer. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any bludgeoning weapon, any axe. Ethos: Protect, Defend the faithful, Serve. Title: Pillar. Domains: Earth, Healing, Law, Protection. Traditionally a deity of the dwarves. The Father of Stone is an Elder God.

Narn, The Father of Battle, Narn U'Drendd. LN and his favored weapon is the battleaxe. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any slashing. Ethos: Worshippers must always be at the forefront of battle. Title: Pardoner. Domains: Destruction, Earth, Strength, War. Narn is traditionally a deity of the dwarves. The Father of Battle is the son of the Father of Stone and the two do not always get along. The Father of Battle's power is increasing as the Father of Stone's power wanes. Because death via combat is valorous and desired, even for priests, the Father of Battle does not bestow to his followers the ability to return the dead to life. Likewise, because it is a sin to waste the glorious gift of strength of arms, Narn's priests are bestowed with exceptional healing power. Because they are known to pardon the sins of those they about to slay in battle, Narn's faithful are called Pardoners.

The Tinker, Ungel Dingledirk, Unk, Dirk. CN and his favored weapon is the dart. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions (with dart, dagger, club being oft used). Ethos: Knowledge is the key to molding the future. Title: None. Domains: Knowledge, Luck, Trickery. Unk, as he is affectionately called by his faithful, is known to walk the realm in a under the guise of a random physical manifestation, bestowing his divine attention to unknowing earthly recipients. Those who suffer a less than favorable outcome of his meddling ways refer to The Tinker as Dirk. The Tinker is traditionally worshipped by gnomes and also lately by some mages, even humans.

The Traveler, Mattias Allbringer, The Wandering Hearthstone. CG and his favored weapon is the staff. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any bludgeoning. Ethos: Discovery, attainable only by wandering, is the key to life everlasting. Title: Wayfayer. Domains: Air, Good, Protection, Travel. Many bards worship the Traveler. Fatherless sons are often given the name Mattias to reflect their bastard status. The Traveler is an Elder God.

The Luckmaiden, Freya, Freya Silverbraid. CG and her favored weapon is the Handaxe/Throwing axe. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus handaxe, throwing axe, spear, javelin, shortspear, crossbows (including hand crossbow). Ethos: None. An ethos would be too constraining for the notoriously free spirit of the Luckmaiden. Title: Brother/Sister. Domains: Chaos, Good, Luck, War. The Luckmaiden was once mortal; as such, one of her aliases is her mortal name, Freya Silverbraid. The Luckmaiden is often worshipped by dwarves, though many of her devout include halflings and humans. Freya is said to be the nightsky moon; she turns her watchful eye upon the realm each night, that she might both watch over and be amused by the antics of those in the throes of living.

Lodi the Axeless, Laduguer. NE and his favored weapon is the shield. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus shield. Ethos: Secrecy and knowledge are the protection of those who would wield power. Title: None. Domains: Knowledge, Magic, Protection, Trickery. Lodi is traditionally worshipped by evil dwarves, evil gnomes, and humans. Lodi's interest in magic made him at odds with his brother, The Father of Stone, who threw Lodi out of the Great Hall. Lodi is now a recluse and hides from his followers, save a faithful few. Lodi's inherent mistrust and shroud of secrecy are possibly the reasons why his priests are rumored not to exist. Lodi is oft mocked by worshippers of Drendd and Narn, who refer to this renegade deity as Lodi the Axeless. Lodi is an Elder God.

Welafleur, Veylar, The God of Numbers. N and his favored weapon is the crossbow. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any crossbow (including hand crossbow). Ethos: A hoarder of wealth and influence, Welafleur imparts a love of money and a yearning for personal power and a strong network of contacts to his faithful. The faithful of Welafleur strive at all times to better the position of their church. Title: Master/Mistress or Dominar, if a ranking priest. Domains: Luck, Protection, Travel, Water. Welafleur is traditionally worshipped by dwarves, merchants, thieves, and sometimes travelers.

Galarn, The Winged Son, Galarn Tinuviel do Errol. CG and his favored weapon is the longbow. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus shortbow, composite shortbow, longbow, composite longbow. Ethos: The preservation of all life, whether sentient or otherwise, is paramount. Title: Silve/Silva. Domains: Animal, Healing, Plant, Sun. The Winged Son is traditionally worshipped by elves, halflings, some gnomes, and druids. The Winged Son is the child of The Triune Goddess and The Sun God, Errol. Because The Winged Son desires to preserve life, he is often at odds with his half-sister, The Death Maiden.

The Triune, The Triune Goddess, Ilesere Tinuviel do Drendd. N and her favored weapon is the staff. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any bludgeoning. Ethos: Balance above all. Title: Abbess, Abbot. Domains: Healing, Knowledge, Magic, Protection. The Triune Goddess keeps the balance of the world. She also adjucates squabbles between The Winged Son, The Death Maiden, The Sun God, and The Death God, as well as between her father, Drendd, and her half-brother, Narn U'Drendd.

Xylla, The Death Maiden, Xylla Tinuviel do Reven. N and her favored weapon is the longbow. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus shortbow, composite shortbow, longbow, composite longbow. Ethos: Man before nature. Title: Brother/Sister. Domains: Death, Healing, Knowledge, Travel. The Death Maiden is the child of The Triune Goddess and The Death God, Reven. The most beautiful of all the pantheon, Xylla was born at the exact moment that Tinuviel took the first human life and ended it. This momentous event forever tainted Xylla, who now enjoys reaping the souls of the realm when their time has come to leave life. Xylla has thus long been at odds with her half-brother, The Winged Son.

Reven, The Death God, The Dark Father. CE and his favored weapon is the sickle. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus sickle, whip, scourge. Ethos: The destruction of the civilized world via chaos unfettered. Title: Eye of Death. Domains: Death, Destruction, Fire, War. Reven's arch-enemy is The Sun God, Errol. Reven is an Elder God.

The Trickster, Steckirrt Broadbarrel, Steck. N and her favored weapon is the sling. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any bludgeoning. Ethos: Enlightenment through humility. Priests of the Trickster are renowned for their ability joke and will go to elaborate lengths to trick others into seeing their point of view. The Trickster delights in laughing at both herself, her priests, and others. She is otherwise known as the Laughing God. Title: Yogi. Domains: Animal, Earth, Knowledge, Trickery. The Trickster is traditionally worshipped by gnomes and halflings. The Trickster is an Elder God.

Othar, Othar Feralan, The Earthcaller, The Rainmaker. NG and his favored weapon is the pick. Weapons allowed: PHB cleric restrictions plus any bludgeoning. Ethos: The protection of nature. Title: None. Domains: Animal, Earth, Plant, Water. An enemy of modernism, progress, and war, The Earthcaller formed the rock and sea of the realm. Though Othar would have it otherwise, farmers frequently pray to Othar Feralan that he might bestow rain upon their crops. Disappointed with his creation, Othar has retreated to his beloved woods, maintaining contact only with his sister, the All-Mother. Beyond even the machinations of war, Othar despises all things undead for the abomination of life that they are. The Earthcaller is traditionally worshipped by Halflings, Gnomes, and druids. The Earthcaller is an Elder God.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Edaesmyd Calendar]
After the end of the Twenyahrs War on the isle of Edaesmyd, a new calendar was begun. The war on the isle had far-reaching influence and even down on The Continent in the nation of Navarre, where the city of Cauldron lies in the mouth of a dormant volcano, the Edaesmydian calendar is in use. The current year of reckoning in Cauldron is 12 AV. Twelve years "after victory."

Winter
Illot
Ladot
Freyot
Tinuvot

Spring
Madrot
Veylot
Narot
Othot

Summer
Hearot
Steot
Errot
Revot

Autumn
Galarot
Drendot
Unkot
Xylot

There are nine days to a week: Erroday, Madraday, Tinuday, Drendday, Hearthday, Laduday, Revoday, Steckday, and Othoday. There are three weeks to a month. Months follow a lunar cycle, the waxing and waning of the moon.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Languages]
In addition to the standard PHB languages, Edaesmyd offers the following tongues:
Gaelic (sea language, commerce, trade, sailors, the Isles)
Hellenic (barbarians and oral tradition)
Latin (clergy)
Runic (an elder language, similar to draconic, oft used by druids)
Gallancais (spoken on the Continent--south of the major isle of Edaesmyd--and roughly equivelent to French)
Navarran (spoken on the Continent--south of the major isle of Edaesmyd--and roughly equivalent to Spanish)
Nordic (old common, akin to anglo-saxon/old english) [/sblock]

[sblock=Notes on the Campaign]
From the original recruitment thread on EN World to fill one slot: Six months into my tabletop group's Friday night Shackled City campaign, two players deployed and two players moved away. With two of the original players still available to game and a third with internet access during his deployment, we are looking to move from a tabletop to a PbP environment for the next 6 to 10 months. Recognizing that you would be joining an existing group of friends, and that the campaign comes with some baggage because your character would be injected after the rest of the group has already gone through 6 or 7 character levels, I'm recruiting for just one spot. Fighter or melee-capable rogue. Some vital things that anyone interested should know beforehand include: while this is Shackled City as per the Dungeon AP, I do use a homebrew setting complete with a homebrew pantheon and geography, I last DMed the campaign half-way through Zenith Trajectory (the third installment in the AP), the multiclassed character already in the game stresses accomplishment of mission via non-lethal means, and the players in the existing group are a laid back bunch. I'm running this game as entertainment for the guy deployed in the desert for the year (the wizard) and his wife (the cleric) who is stuck at home with two kids and no dad. This is a labor of love, something to while away the time until he returns home this summer. If you think you would be a good fit for the group and that you would like to help me do something nice for a soldier stuck in the desert, I welcome you to submit a character. More than anything else, I'm looking for someone to mesh well with the group, someone laid back, someone with a good sense of humor who doesn't mind the inevitable DM or player error.[/sblock]

[sblock=CharGen]
Level--6th at base XP
Sourcebooks--PHB/DMG only
Alignment--no evil, I'm leery of CN but would consider it with a knock-out backstory and the promise to cooperate well during play.
Point Buy--34
Gold--13,000 gp w/no more than half on any one item.
Posting Etiquette--When you can. This will be a low-key game and I won't request x number of posts per week.[/sblock]

Map of Cauldron

Map of Ghelve's Locks

Map of Jzadirune

Last edited:

WackyOne

First Post
If you want, I can cover the melee role easily with a druid (more interesting than a fighter. A fighter only fights, but a druid doesn't only druid...).
I don't really know the adventure hooks (wasn't the Shackled City an aberration-rich adventure?), but I can do some research on the module - some help on that would be better (even only what happened, and what the party does know as of now), however, to keep the plot completely under a "dms only" sign.

I'd have to say no to a druid. Thank you very much for showing interest, though. Since you're the only one to pipe up thus far, I take it there probably won't be as many takers as with a fresh campaign. Very understandable, that.

I spoke with the cleric player this morning and she said she believes the group would actually benefit more from a rogue with good search, open lock, and disable device skills. I certainly am willing to winnow down prospects to fill the group's need, so I'll restate this:

This group needs a rogue.

If anyone is on the fence about this game, the players are all very good folk and the game has been good to date. There's an encounter with one of the game's most iconic monsters just around the corner, and let's see...what else can I use to entice prospective players...did I mention cookies? :heh:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Is this short term in the sense that in summer it will be over (i.e., back to RL and off of ENWorld)? That may answer some questions.

A fighter/rogue w/ no outside content? Bit of a challenge, eh? :)

hafrogman

Adventurer
CanadienneBacon said:
what else can I use to entice prospective players...did I mention cookies? :heh:

There's a surprising amount of things I'd be willing to do for cookies, but I doubt you're being serious. :(

stonegod said:
Is this short term in the sense that in summer it will be over (i.e., back to RL and off of ENWorld)? That may answer some questions.

I estimate 6-10 months of PbP time for this campaign. The guy in the desert is scheduled to return this summer. We'll all be on island together at least until October. If things are happy here on EN World and everyone is content, then I would be willing to continue on with the PbP environment for this AP for this group indefinitely. At the moment, however, I'm not wanting to promise anything beyond this summer. Six months of online gaming for this particular campaign is what I foresee at the moment. With the possibility of more beyond that, depending. I personally will still be on EN World beyond that, but I can't guarantee continued interest for the others or for whomever joins.

A fighter/rogue w/ no outside content? Bit of a challenge, eh? :)

No, I don't think so at all. If you think it would be a bit of a challenge or perhaps a challenge that you wouldn't find rewarding, then this may not be your cup of tea for a game. I say that with all due respect and deference. :)

EvolutionKB

First Post
I'd be willing to give it a try, I played through the first couple of adventures in the path, so I know the general story so far. We were level 5 when we stopped. I'll see what I can do with a rogue. I am just wary of what this really means:
multiclassed character already in the game stresses accomplishment of mission via non-lethal means
Does that mean they generally use diplomacy instead of fighting or they just attack using non lethal damage? Or something else entirely?

Would you be willing to incorporate the d20SRD? That would include psionics in available material.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB said:
I am just wary of what this really means: Does that mean they generally use diplomacy instead of fighting or they just attack using non lethal damage? Or something else entirely?

When he attacks, he usually tries to use non-lethal damage and take prisoners. His character also uses Intimidate during combat to try to demoralize foes into surrenduring or to try to turn them to his side (out of fear, yes, but by his reasoning this is better than killing them outright). Please take that with a grain of salt, seeing as how it's coming at you third-party from me and I don't own his character. The player might put things in other words...

Would you be willing to incorporate the d20SRD? That would include psionics in available material.

Sorry, no.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I've give it a go, I've always wanted to back to Core only to see what will happen. Do want me to post a character sheet or wait to see if there is more interest?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases