Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix&Trisha]"It's true. It really makes you think. From here, they are as stars, mere pinpoints hinting at beauty in the distance, but when you come in close, some of those lights, the ones from houses, represent all we can see from here of an entire home, the whole of a little world, complete with people that we cannot see from our vantage point amidst the heavens. Trisha, can you imagine what it could be like if we could journey to the stars themselves? They are so far away, that there could be whole other worlds out there, each inhabited by people for whom what seems a pinpoint of light to us is their entire universe..."

*What's important also is what he didn't say--with that opening line and any other girl of similar beauty, Alix would have replied something to the effect of 'The city below is beautiful, but not half as beautiful as the goddess who tarries upon her balcony, gazing upon it with eyes that could melt a man's soul.' *[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Verbatim

Explorer
As he approached the manor, Nathan noticed another man slowing as he approached the Vanderboren's estate.

The man was large and imposing, yet he moved an easy grace which belied his stature. The man's head was shaven, but was as darkly tanned as the rest of his exposed skin, and he dressed in the uniform of a junior sailor of a ship.

~Could he have been sent here as Islaran's man?~

Approaching him with no hesitation, after all they were on grounds which he held the advantage in despite the other man's superior size, Nathan smiled in greeting as he extended his hand.

"Prosperous days and smooth seas. Have you come from the Docks to hold council with Lady Vanderboren?"

Velmont

First Post
Jerrell looks down at the man who just spoke to him. It took a moment to react, as he just look at teh man. After two or three seconds, he take the hand and shake it as he give back a warm and friendly smile.

"Is it so obvious? I hope I won't offend the lady by my appearance or my manners. I am not use to this world. I can count the number of time I have walk out of the Azure district, if I exclude all my trips for hunting whales."

Jerrell's eyes fix for a moment the silvery symbol at Nathan's neck. "Are you her spiritual advisor or something like that? Sorry if can't identify your god. I have seen some sailor praying him at the Azure's cathedral, but it isn't one we use to pray before going hunting... Personnally, I prefer to pray all of them at once, you never know which one will be of help."

Verbatim

Explorer
Velmont said:
Jerrell looks down at the man who just spoke to him. It took a moment to react, as he just look at teh man. After two or three seconds, he take the hand and shake it as he give back a warm and friendly smile.

"Is it so obvious? I hope I won't offend the lady by my appearance or my manners. I am not use to this world. I can count the number of time I have walk out of the Azure district, if I exclude all my trips for hunting whales."

Jerrell's eyes fix for a moment the silvery symbol at Nathan's neck. "Are you her spiritual advisor or something like that? Sorry if can't identify your god. I have seen some sailor praying him at the Azure's cathedral, but it isn't one we use to pray before going hunting... Personnally, I prefer to pray all of them at once, you never know which one will be of help."

~It is doubtful that Islaran sent someone who was unschooled in the basics of protocol. Perhaps this man is to be the Nixie's helmsman?~

Smiling easily to help put the larger man at ease, Nathan waved his hand in a dismissive gesture.

"If you have been summoned here, do not feel ill at ease. I am far more comfortable on the seas as well, but I have always been a guest of the crew rather than part of it. Just remember to grasp the wine glass gently to avoid snapping the stem and use the smaller fork for salad and shell fish, should they be served. Besides that, I promise there is little difference between eating here and eating at the Drunken Dolphin."

Glancing down at the silver coin of Mouqol hanging from his neck, Nathan's easy smile remained in place.

"I follow the Mouqol, the Merchant's Friend, but to answer your question, I am here at Lady Vanderboran's request also. We maintain a small shrine in the Azure district for those who travel to conduct their business, but the Church itself is located in the Merchant District. Besides it doesn't hurt to let the gods know you consider them all, especially if your life hangs in the balance when hunting the whales."

Velmont

First Post
Jerrell looks a little confused by all the advice of the man. "I'll... try to remember all that."

After he tells about his faith. "Mouqol... now you tell it, I remember. Many sailors who works on trading ships are praying him. But I am well aware that praying all the gods are a good thing. I suspect Mayaheine have taken me in good favor during my last hunt." Jerrell fell silent a few second, as he seems to be remembering some events.

"Sorry, I don't have manners. My name is Jerrel. Jerrell Rivers. As you have guess, I am a whale hunter. I'm part of the crew of the Cierzo."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Cierzo is another name for the Mistral, a wind that blow on teh Mediterranean sea. I thought it could be a nice name for a ship.[/SBLOCK]

Verbatim

Explorer
Velmont said:
Jerrell looks a little confused by all the advice of the man. "I'll... try to remember all that."

After he tells about his faith. "Mouqol... now you tell it, I remember. Many sailors who works on trading ships are praying him. But I am well aware that praying all the gods are a good thing. I suspect Mayaheine have taken me in good favor during my last hunt." Jerrell fell silent a few second, as he seems to be remembering some events.

"Sorry, I don't have manners. My name is Jerrel. Jerrell Rivers. As you have guess, I am a whale hunter. I'm part of the crew of the Cierzo."

~He apologizes for something I should have done first...~

"Nathan Lidu, and I am pleased to see that you have been granted a favor by her. Perhaps you will have a chance to share your tale over our meal. I do not know about the tastes of the others, but a tale of adventure on the seas is always worth its weight in coin."

While his mind raced to see if it recalled hearing about the Cierzo from his walk around the Azure district yesterday, his mind drew a blank on the subject, but he hoped his offer was taken as being genuine and not seen as the idle thoughts of nobles.

~If the man knows a Lidu from an Absalee...~

Glancing at the door they were both here to use, Nathan extended his arm to allow the man to be greeted first. While it was custom to allow the higher ranking houses right of choosing to be seen first or last, Nathan didn't feel the need to pretend to be anything more than a simple priest tonight.

"After you Master Rivers."

Malarky

First Post
Tereg makes a point to keep a curious eye on the two as they head into the manor. He begins to head into the manor keeping an eye about to see what might have changed in the home since the death of the former lady of the house. He still remembers with considerable fondness the first visit he paid to Lady Vanderboren which jump started his current occupation. He owes much to this family and this house.

Erekose13

Explorer
Manzanita said:
Julian smiles and watches the men spar for a few moments. He's in no hurry and would be happy to chat or participate, but he feels it would be rude. He really has no business here. With a final smile, he turns and walks back out of the manner.

The two were not expecting any watchers and failed to spot Julian standing at the corner of the house watching. The dwarf leans heavily on his staff as he steps away from the combat, heading towards the manor where a glass of water waits on a table. As Julian departs he sees the human clap the dwarf on the back congratulating his improved ability.

Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=Alix&Trisha]"It's true. It really makes you think. From here, they are as stars, mere pinpoints hinting at beauty in the distance, but when you come in close, some of those lights, the ones from houses, represent all we can see from here of an entire home, the whole of a little world, complete with people that we cannot see from our vantage point amidst the heavens. Trisha, can you imagine what it could be like if we could journey to the stars themselves? They are so far away, that there could be whole other worlds out there, each inhabited by people for whom what seems a pinpoint of light to us is their entire universe..."

*What's important also is what he didn't say--with that opening line and any other girl of similar beauty, Alix would have replied something to the effect of 'The city below is beautiful, but not half as beautiful as the goddess who tarries upon her balcony, gazing upon it with eyes that could melt a man's soul.' *[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=Alix & Trisha]"How fanciful, Alix. Magic can do many wonderous things, but travel to the stars? I doubt we could ever do that. No I'll sit here and enjoy my stars. It's a peaceful evening, what brings you to the Lidu house? Not just me, I hope." Trisha replies, leaving the last as a subtle tease.[/sblock]

Verbatim & Velmont said:

As the two converge on the Manor gates and strike up a conversation they can see that the gate through the walls is open and pairs of lanterns light the entire walk up to the large wooden doors of the house itself. They are currently closed, but the light invites you to move into the compound.

Malarky said:
Tereg makes a point to keep a curious eye on the two as they head into the manor. He begins to head into the manor keeping an eye about to see what might have changed in the home since the death of the former lady of the house. He still remembers with considerable fondness the first visit he paid to Lady Vanderboren which jump started his current occupation. He owes much to this family and this house.

Tereg is able to keep his distance, though the two have paused at the gates to converse. Its difficult from here to hear them as the area in front of the Vanderboren manor is a wide street. There is nothing in their manner to suggest that he would not be welcome should he approach now.

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Alix & Trisha]"With magic, dear Trisha, anything is possible. Who knows what worlds are out there looking in at our world and seeing it as no more than a mere speck?"

"But yes, I have actually come here to see three people--"
Alix explains, "First I simply had to talk to my favourite former vice-president to see how she is faring after the events of the other day...but I also want to confide something interesting in someone who I know I can trust completely, and I also need to swallow my pride and ask for help from an old friend who is at least as insightful and perceptive as I am..."

"Unfortunately, I guess you do have me--all three of those people I'd like talk to right now are actually you. You win--I only came to see you,"
Alix admits, mock-grudgingly.

'There's a fourth person you want to talk to that's also her, you know.'

'Quiet--think happy thoughts!'

"As for the first--are you feeling better? I hope I didn't come too late the other day..."[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads