Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I don't know," Alix answers with complete honesty, "That's why I had us bring extra food. I know trail rations for a meal are not very appetising, so if we are successful and I live, we'll have a fine dinner on me to make up for it as my thanks. I would hope that I will be back this evening, but it depends on how long it takes me to contact Rowyn. Last time I wanted to contact her, she met me for dinner, and this time I have something concrete that she wants, and possibly two, depending on if she has the other ring, though if they have the ring, they've been hiding it well, so they will need to pretend to be interested in my offer of the ring, when really they want the combination."

"Oh, and one last thing. If you hear combat with the snake guardian, don't come out of hiding. I'm going to try to have the group containing myself and the criminals fight it to soften them up. I think that even if the construct is destroyed in this way, if it increases our chances of capturing these murder conspirators, then it served the Vanderboren cause quite nobly, as best as it could hope to."

Manzanita

First Post
"Who is this Rowyn, and who is the 'bad guy?' And how do you know who it is?"

"You believe this action is necessary b/c they will try to kill Lavinia? If we capture them, do we have evidence that can be used in court?"

"Was their plan to buy the ring from Vark & rob this vault themselves? Why do they want Lavinia dead?" asks Julian.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Rowyn Kellani, pirate princess. Well not really, but her family did get their money through some...shall we say shady circumstances. Remember, I told you guys I was going to have dinner with her to gather info. The true mastermind is careful and stays in the shadows--I have not seen him yet. I know that Rowyn has had contact with whoever he is, and I know that she can arrange for a meeting. He seems determined to have the Vanderboren fortune at all costs. I'm not sure he knew that Vark had the ring. I was convinced that he had the second copy of the ring himself except that there was no record of his trying to break into the vault," Alix begins.

(OOC: And Erekose mentioned that the reason for that is due to a snafu and they do have the ring)

"I'm fairly certain he still does but doesn't want it known to anyone and is therefore taking great pains to keep any forays hidden. But no, this is not related to Vark--if anything, Rowyn's family hates all associated with the Harbourmaster most of all. This particular scheme was aimed at Lavinia and her parents. It seems to be a straightforward plot of murder in order to achieve the fortune. I have as much evidence or more than what we had against Vark, by which I mean hearsay from an eyewitness--last time it was Lavinia, and this time it is me. Also, they're going to indict themselves multiple times just by agreeing to this, of course."

"Good that we have that out of the way. Anything else?"

'It doesn't matter what you ask--I'm not going to reveal that the murderer was Vanthus Vanderboren in Lavinia's presence and upset her unnecessarily until we have the bird in the cage...though it doesn't take much to figure that out. How else am I supposed to get the vault door open when I come back with the murderer? It only opens for Vanderborens...'

Erekose13

Explorer
"Yes, though I'm still concerned that this unknown character that you feel is after us, doesn't really exist. I mean Rowyn is certainly ambitious, but my family has never been as interested in the merchantile enterprizes of Sassarine, being more of the adventuresome type. Do you think she killed my parents? However, caution is well advised and if you believe that I am in danger, Alix, perhaps your gambit will pay off. I think its worth the attempt certainly."

With the plan set, Alix and Lavinia prepare to depart leaving Julian, Tereg, Jerrell, and Nathan down in the vault. The travel back to her estate is easy and Alix does not believe they have been followed. Once back he is ready to put his plan in motion, one that will most likely involve several letters delivered should he be unable to return.

ooc: sorry about the absence lets rock on! oh and I'm not going to worry about the lack of renewable air in a locked vault, that'd be mean to kill off 4/5ths of the party like that.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Alix sets about planning the chain of letters to be delivered in the case of his demise. If he's really lucky, he might even get a...well, he can't expect that. Still, he prepares for the event that he must release the information, staggered of course as planned in the case that his recipients are not as trustworthy as he had hoped. With testimony from his spirit, it would be foolish for them to murder him out of hand, doubly so when he has something to offer.*

*Once he is finished, he contacts Rowyn, alerting her that he has a business offer for her--a lucrative one. 'My dear, it is you who first comes to mind when I think of a canny and capable partner with which to share this windfall. And what a treasure it is! Why surely, it must be as big as all the treasure held in the Vanderboren vault. If you would like to partake, then meet me tonight at the Imp's Folly private room #3. If not, well then, I'm afraid that you will have broken my heart, but I'm sure I can find another partner instead. I am awaiting your reply with great interest, my dear. ~Alix' he ends it. He chose the tavern/gaming hall owned by his father for several reasons. Mainly, he knows the entire layout like the back of his hand, including the secret thoroughfares. If Rowyn proves to be feisty, he will at least have an escape route planned.*

Erekose13

Explorer
Hiatus

Hi Gang,

Sorry to do this after everyone has hung on so well. I know you guys well so I know you're not going anywhere anytime soon. But I've started in on a Business Systems Analysis course at university and its taking up a lot of time. I knew it was coming, but had hoped to squeeze enough time out of the day to keep my two games running. I just can't keep up, even with posting for my charaters. I'm going to have to put this on indefinite Hiatus. I'd hope to pick it up later, but at the moment I can't commit to it at all.

Apologies,
Chris Cumming <Erekose13>

Velmont

First Post
No problem. I have a show that is coming in one month, and I will surely have less time in February, so that will be fine with me. I,ll be waiting for this game to come back.

Remove ads