Erekose's Savage Tide - Act 1: There is No Honour

Erekose13

Explorer
Manzanita said:
~cut
"Hi, Kora." he says to the gnome with a winning smile.
~cut

"Hi Julian, welcome all." the older gnome says with a smile.

Verbatim said:
~cut
"Please tell your Lady that we are most anxious to meet her as well. If you would be so kind as to lead, I will close the door and follow."
~cut

"Please, please, right this way." she says as she leads the four of you in to the manor. Inside you are greeted by a large well appointed atrium. This enormous great hall's marble stonework is smooth and white. Two oak stairwells with burnished brass railings ascend to an open first-floor landing. Tapestries depicting a beautiful and savage frontier of sprawling jungle landscapes and an eerie shoreline hang from the upper landing. A glass chandelier hangs from the atrium's cieling. Another set of great wooden doors similar to those you just entered through are on the opposite wall beneath the landing. Two smaller wooden doors exit to the north and south.

Well appointed furniture provides a place to rest. On one of the couches to the north sits a man possibly familiar to Nathan. He is dressed in noble finery and carries a simple ipheion bouquet.

"Please wait here with Mr. Meravanchi for the moment. I will inform the Lady that you have all arrived." says Kora, bowing a little stiffly as she exits through the door to the north.

[SBLOCK=RA]ooc: You have been here for only 5 minutes or so waiting. Kora, the maid, had informed you that Lady Vanderboren had asked for everyone to wait until all five guests had arrived. From Trisha, you have found out a few tid bits including the fact that the Vanderborens owned two ships that they had been using to ship spices, pelts, and other exotic trade items from a far off colony on the Isle of Dread. One ship was burnt to the waterline when her parents died. The other is having trouble with the dockmaster.

I'll continue this later in our next sblock. I'll have plenty for you before you actually talk to her.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Erekose]Ah Trisha--I knew she'd come through :)[/SBLOCK]

"Ah, thank you Kora. I was wondering when the others would arrive," Alix spares a friendly smile for the gnome servant.

'Always good to be nice to the servants. So many people ignore or mistreat them, but that means they can go anywhere and see all kinds of things.'

"Greetings gentlemen. I am Alixtus Meravanchi, but my friends call me Alix. It would appear that we must wait just a bit more for our gracious hostess."

Verbatim

Explorer
Malarky said:
"Master Hemlock, master Rivers, a pleasure." He eyes Nathan curiously. " I think I've might've missed your name sir, but then my hearing is not as keen as some might be. Lidu, was it?"

Extending his hand out to the smaller man, Nathan nodded his head as the fellow's ears had not failed him.

"Lidu, Nathan Lidu. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

Rystil Arden said:
"Ah, thank you Kora. I was wondering when the others would arrive," Alix spares a friendly smile for the gnome servant.

"Greetings gentlemen. I am Alixtus Meravanchi, but my friends call me Alix. It would appear that we must wait just a bit more for our gracious hostess."

~So this is the knight errant who saved Trisha. I thought he would be taller...~

Walking towards the scion of House Meravanchi, Nathan extended his hand towards the man.

"Master Meravanchi, your reputation precedes you. While many have already said it, thank you for coming to Lady Trisha's aide. I was away when the attack happened, but actions such as yours spread quickly through many lips."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
'Lido with an o? That's the bastard Lidu, isn't he? How unusual...'

"Thank you for your praise, Nathan, but it really wasn't all that heroic--I could hardly leave a damsel in distress to the attentions of those ruffians, particularly not a friend of mine. Trisha and I are both just lucky that I managed to drive them off with a few lucky blows--if I had to do it again, I'd probably just be prone on the street from a thug's sap," Alix laughs slightly at his self-deprecating comment.

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Jerrell move next to Nathan. "My name is Jerrell Rivers. Please to meet you." the large man tells to Meravanchi. After making teh presentation, Jerrell finds a seat and sit there. He feels a bit out of place in this luxurious house. He surprised himself thinking that the dolphin might be not the safest place in teh city, but it was a nice place to be.

Verbatim

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Thank you for your praise, Nathan, but it really wasn't all that heroic--I could hardly leave a damsel in distress to the attentions of those ruffians, particularly not a friend of mine. Trisha and I are both just lucky that I managed to drive them off with a few lucky blows--if I had to do it again, I'd probably just be prone on the street from a thug's sap," Alix laughs slightly at his self-deprecating comment.

"As you say, but I know my family would rather not see either of you having to retest that theory."

As the larger man introduced himself, Nathan moved to the side to give the others a chance to do the same. Looking around the room, he was impressed with the surroundings and wondered how much, if any, would change now that their was a new Lady Vanderboren.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah yes, and I'm sure I wouldn't want to test it either. Trust me--if I ever have to get into a fight, then I've already failed, if you know what I mean," Alix laughs, then turns to the other man.

"And a greetings to you as well Mister Rivers," he offers.

Manzanita

First Post
Julian smiles. "Julian Hemlock." he introduces himself to Alix. He cocks his head & listens to the converstion about 'Trisha'. It might come in handy lately. Sounded like this man had demonstrated his bravery already.

Erekose13

Explorer
As the group pauses to introduce themselves to one another in the grand atruim, four figures emerge from the hall ahead. Kora races behind these figures which include a jaunty male half-elf dressed in leather armor and armed with a half-dozen daggers of different shapes, a dark-skinned dwarf with a sour expression dressed in green and brown robes and clutching a large curved spear, an attractive but haughty-looking woman dressed in dark purple robes and with a tattoo of a crescent moon on one cheek, and lastly, a tall and handsome man dressed in polished breastplate carrying a bastart sword.

[sblock=Julian]You recognize the armored man and the dwarf from the two who were practicing in the courtyard yesterday.[/sblock]

[sblock=Tereg]You are well acquainted with the four, Zan, Kaskus, Liamae, and Tolin. Tolin has always been standoffish and patronzing to you and you've had little time to speak with Kaskus the dwarf before.[/sblock]

[sblock=Knowledge Local DC 15]These are the Jade Ravens, a mercenary company that's been in the Vanderboren employ for several years. They are Zan Oldavin, Kaskus Kiel, Liamae Teslikaria, and Tolin Kientai respectively. Tolin is the leader of the band.[/sblock]

The tall man stops for a moment to size each of you up, "Hmm. You must be the help Lavinia's bringing in to do the chores. Best of luck to ya.! As the four continue to head off out the door. Kora stops to apologize and explain that it will be just another minute before the Lady is ready to receive her guests.

[sblock=RA]To continue from my last sblock, Trisha also knows that the other ship is called the Blue Nixie. It is currently moored at one of the docks in town and has been sitting there since Lavinia returned from her trip abroad. Lavinia had been to see Trisha's father about something regarding money, but the patriach of the family wouldn't have anything to do with her. She had spoken with her father about it later and he had said something like, "Too risky, at least for now.".

Regarding the invitation, Trisha thinks that it might have to do with Alix's position within his own family. Perhaps money is a factor, perhaps influence. If Lavinia had been to see her father and been turned down, then perhaps the Meravanchi family might be more accomodating.

(ooc: hope that's good. if you have specific questions based on her knowledge or assumptions let me know.)[/sblock]

Verbatim

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
As the group pauses to introduce themselves to one another in the grand atruim, four figures emerge from the hall ahead. Kora races behind these figures which include a jaunty male half-elf dressed in leather armor and armed with a half-dozen daggers of different shapes, a dark-skinned dwarf with a sour expression dressed in green and brown robes and clutching a large curved spear, an attractive but haughty-looking woman dressed in dark purple robes and with a tattoo of a crescent moon on one cheek, and lastly, a tall and handsome man dressed in polished breastplate carrying a bastard sword.

The tall man stops for a moment to size each of you up, "Hmm. You must be the help Lavinia's bringing in to do the chores. Best of luck to ya.! As the four continue to head off out the door. Kora stops to apologize and explain that it will be just another minute before the Lady is ready to receive her guests.

Unsure of who the strangers were, Nathan stepped out of their way to allow them to pass.

~Chores? What could they mean?~

As Kora assured them that it would only be a few minutes before Lady Lavinia would be able to see them, Nathan looked to the others.

"Forgive me for asking, but who were they?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases