WotBS #1: The Scouring of Gate Pass

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
[imager]http://enworld.rpgnow.com/products/product_21040.jpg[/imager]It's finally here! The first adventure in the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga has been released! The Scouring of Gate Pass is available for download separately for $5.99, or as part of the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga Subscription. Subscribers should have received their download links already.

The adventure contains two versions (a pretty colour version, and printer-friendly black-and-white version), a separate RTF file containing all the stat blocks for the adventure, a PDF full of lovely colour maps and battlemaps, and, best of all, a special coupon for those who can't quite decide whether or not to buy the full subscription: if you buy The Scouring of Gate Pass and later decide to buy the whle saga, the priceof the subscription will be reduced by the cost of the first adventure - so you don't wind up paying for it twice!

"The first adventure in this saga is an absolute delight."- RPGNow review
stars_5.gif

[bq]The dramatic beginning of the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga, The Scouring of Gate Pass kicks off a war of epic proportions as a mighty magical empire marches for conquest. Their first stop is the vital mountain road through the city of Gate Pass, where the PCs, not yet aware of the role they will play in the coming conflict, lie in the path of a military juggernaut.

As Gate Pass falls under attack, the heroes are tasked with delivering critical intelligence out of the city and to a distant safe haven. First, though, they must deal with agents of the invading empire, spies from other nations, avaricious bounty hunters, and deadly inquisitors. The information they carry may decide the fate of this conflict, the War of the Burning Sky.

Welcome to the first adventure in the War of the Burning Sky Campaign Saga. Throughout the course of the campaign saga, a party of heroes will become involved in an escalating war between mighty magical nations, and after many adventures, military battles, and mysterious intrigue, it will be up to them to decide who will emerge victorious and rule in the aftermath.
[/bq]
Watch out for the second adventure in the saga, The Indomitable Fire Forest of Innenotdar, by Jacob Driscoll, coming in February!

Last edited:

Jason Anderson

First Post
Just finished reading it. Not bad at all! A good start to the campaign, with lots of plots set up for later adventures. I especially liked how it was quite 'open', giving the DM lots of options for how the players might approach the different situations.

I'm looking forward to the next one now! :)

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I just wanted to chime in with a "bravo" to all involved. This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to play in.

I have to say that I was especially impressed with the players/GMs guide to begin with. The first adventure looks to something that will take a few sessions to go through, and has a lot of potential for the GM to improvise with.

I'd say good job.

--Steve

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases