Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Patlin

Explorer
Rowan leads his newly assembled band of rowdies out into the wilderness, looking to see what sorts of challenges they can find.

ooc: We have one of the two needed aprovals... we won't officially get going until we get the other.

In your first post, please give me your characters name, level and class(es) along with a link to your character sheet. You can also tell me out of character if there are any particular goals your character has for the trip other than simply enjoying the challenge of it. For example, if there is a character in your backstory that you'd like to involve in some way, feel free to suggest it. I don't guarantee I'll incorporate everything, but I'll consider anything. ;)

Quick Housekeeping Bits
Please use invisible castle to make all the dice rolls you would make in a normal game. It completely bogs me down if I have to do the rolling for the PCs as well as the NPCs, and if I get bogged down I don't update as often and things spiral out of control and... well, you get the point. Please?

(I'll do the dice rolling if you simply cannot, for whatever reason. If such is the case, make sure to post the modifiers.)

I will mostly use Invisible Castle as well, and generally I post the links for each roll. If I miss one or two, you are welcome to do a search there under "DM Patlin" to see what I've been up to. Being more-or-less human, I will occasionally screw something up. If I do and you tell me about it quickly, I'll fix it. If we figure out a mistake several rounds later, though, I may simply decide you're stuck with it. :eek: Example: If I'm applying sneak attack damage to your character and I forgot you've got a blur spell up, tell me right away!

Also, please be cautious when using sblocks and the title box. Depending on how I'm acessing the board, I sometimes can't see stuff in those two places. For example, I use "topic review" a lot when resolving combats, and that mode doesn't show any titles.

Reference
Recruiting at the Red Dragon Inn.
XP Award #1
XP Award #2
Final XP

Last edited:

Dungannon

First Post
Lucien follows Rowan out, thinking anything would be better than another fruitless day inside the city.

Lucien Reyes, half-elf ranger 2. Link to character is in the .sig

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan McTavish. Male human Barb3/ftr1.

Of course, DM Patlin knows Rowan well since he has awarded every XP the barbarian has ever earned. Rowan is very interested in ridding the world of lycanthropes, particularly werewolves. He's also interested in drinking, gold, and acquiring fine weapons and horses. He also likes women and will pursue them if given half a chance. But since Eric's grandmother wouldn't approve of his intentions, it's probably best to give that plot hook a pass.

Rowan was fascinted by the wild elves he met up north, as they were independent, capable and strong. He'd be interested in meeting, learning from, and befriending such individuals and groups. He is also interested in gaining a ranger level next. Although many of the skills he would need to take a ranger already have been used or hinted at in his adventures thus far, using or learning such skills might make his progression seem more organic.

Rowan also likes to do barbian sorts of things like engage in barfights, put down civilized people, hunt, fish & kill orcs.

Heckler

First Post
Rinya Starflower
Half (Wild) Elf
Barbarian 2

Rinya is indeed Grugach. At least, that's the only type of wild elf I'm familiar with. However, Rinya's wild elves may not be the same ones Rowan encountered. There's a lot of space "up north" and that would explain Rowan and Rinya's different opinions of the wild elves.

Rinya will start advancing as a ranger when she next levels up, as that fits my idea of what a wild elf should be like. She hates the city, and will take any opportunity to get out. And since she left her tribe, she has been looking to make friends but lacks the social skills to do so. She is also afraid to let people get close to her.

Patlin

Explorer
It would seem likely that the Wild Elves Rowan has met are not Rinya's clan, though they are likely to be distant relatives of hers. Based on Rowan's limited experience with the tribe of Wild Elves, they are not as violently xenophobic as those Rinya describes, although they are quite territorial.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I don't want to exclude anyone who wanted to come along, so I won't consider the roster final until Monday morning. At that point, I'll take stock of who we have with us and give the judges a bit more detail on the proposal. At that point, I expect we'll get the remaining needed confirmation and can get started.

I think the only remaining player who anounced interest in the inn but hasn't posted here yet is Salix, though all are welcome.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Do you want the characters to have an IC discussion of where they want to go? Or would you prefer to plan an adventure and give us an hint on where you want us to go?

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Do you want the characters to have an IC discussion of where they want to go? Or would you prefer to plan an adventure and give us an hint on where you want us to go?

Anywhere you want to go is fine with me. In character, out of character, or telepathic discussion is fine... whatever works! :)

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I think an IC discussion is the way to go. We'll all get to know each other better.

Rowan leads the others out towards the stable. "I'll show you my weapon collection while we talk about where to go. What do you guys think? North to the wild elves? SouthWest along the coast? To the Mountains to the SouthEast? Or what?"

"I've got a horse, but if you don't, that's fine. We're in no hurry I guess."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases