Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Heckler

First Post
"My spear would be unwieldy down there, but you're welcome to my knife. Though we should tie a rope around your ankle in case that was a mated pair we killed and they left a litter behind. You'll want us to pull you out before they make a meal of you. Also, how do you plan to see down there?"

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I usually do spot, listen and search, since knowing what the roll was may effect how much you rely on the outcome. You can take 10 or 20, though, if you so desire. I thought I got that from the rulebooks, but maybe it's a house rule?

Rowan borrows a dagger from Dagobert and crawls into the burrow. He doesn't find any gold, but he does find 3 relatively harmless looking and uncoordinated baby dire weasels.

Patlin

Explorer
Heckler said:
"My spear would be unwieldy down there, but you're welcome to my knife. Though we should tie a rope around your ankle in case that was a mated pair we killed and they left a litter behind. You'll want us to pull you out before they make a meal of you. Also, how do you plan to see down there?"

Hrmm. You posted this while I was posting... How did he see down there? I guess it was a short enough burrow that dim illumination from the mouth was enough, once his eyes adjusted.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: That's fine. There's plenty of ways he could've managed it. I just had this image of Rowan crawling facefirst into a nest of blood-sucking weasels because he couldn't see, and I'd rather that not happen. :D

Richard Rawen

First Post
Patlin said:
Combat#1 Concludes
Lucien steps up to the Dire Weasel, and chops it down with two expert strikes.

ooc: You all made short work of those! Invisible Castle seems to love this group but hate the Clash of Earth and Sea guys this morning.
OOC:
Looks at his *3* and *7* (with a +4 no less!) and wonders...
/OOC

Richard's clumsy dismount is missed in the fracas, for which he is glad.
He is not keen on entering the burrow so he is pleased that the job is taken up by another... and rather surprised to see the brood of those giants...
"What shall we do with these? They may sell to an animal trainer, or if someone here has sufficient skill they could be raised to be a fair companion, though tough to manage in a town. I wish I had the lore to know if they would be good pets or not... yet I do not. I am only certain that they will die if left alone, which I would rather not see if other alternatives may be found."

Patlin said:
Experience Award #1
171 xp each for the Dire Weasel Combat.

Sadly, if Richard is still waiting for aproval he misses out on the first xp award. Please try to get aproved soon! My encounter progression assumes that you'll level up efore things start to get really nasty. :]

Ok... who am I supposed to get approval from exactly? I was just told to submit it for approval, I did so to the two emails listed in the instructions... not sure what more I can do except ask for help. HELP!

Heckler said:
ooc: Richard, you're not waiting for Nimisgod's approval, are you? He was recently replaced by Orsal. Also, are your XPs correct? From what I can tell, it looks like you're about 1000 behind Lucien and myself. We should all be pretty even.

*crap*

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan thinks back to how big the parents were. A bit tough to handle.

"Well. I can't kill these things, but I don't reckon I really want one either. Could be a challenge, but you can't ride 'em, and I couldn't trust them not to hurt people either. Oh well. Shall we keep heading north?"

Heckler

First Post
"It's possible they could be trained, I don't know who could do it. Unless someone can figure out how to contain and transport them, I'm for putting them down."

[sblock=Richard]
Took a quick look at your character. You are short the 990 Doghead originally gave you. It was confusing when Nimisgod took over, but when he gave out XPs, it did not include any that Doghead gave out earlier. In this post

Also, if you're awaiting Nimisgod's approval, did you catch this post? where he said he had trouble e-mailing you and approved you for secong level?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: you only need approval from one character judge, orsal or knight Otu.

IC: Let's leave them. They may survive." says Rowan. "Let's go. It's stinky around here."

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard listens to both sides of the issue and frowns.
"I'd rather let them have a chance of it in the wild then just kill them. Don't ask me why" he says, a slight shrug raising his armored shoulders. With that he'll move back towards his horse.

OOC:
Character sheet adjusted with all pertinent information, thank you for all your help.

Richard will take mid-watch or whatever watch is left after others have volunteered. He will have no problem taking point while Rowan is roving. He will continue to practice the quick dismount he witnessed Rinya so smoothly demonstrating, though he will add the attempt to draw one of his javelins as he does so, trying to come up ready to strike with his ranged weapon...
He will also pay attention to what berries and such the barbarian provides, carefully noting what is safe.
/OOC

Remove ads