Looking for Trouble [Orsal Judging][Concluded]

Heckler

First Post
(round 2)Rinya moves to W15 yelling, shaking branches, throwing stones, etc.; anything to draw the zombies toward her.

ooc: my bad, I thought I was waiting on Z1.

(round 3)If the zombies ignore her, she'll keep making noise and throwing stuff.

If at least one one the zombies persue her, she will lead them off eastward, trying to stay out of their reach but close enough to keep their attention. Using double moves and her 40' barbarian movement she should be able to do that. If needed, she has Tumble +5 if she ends up in a threatened square.

Manzanita

First Post
Rowan smiles as he sees Rinya has gotten the drift. It is he and her who are the fastest and will have to take up the job of drawing off the monsters.

He slides his guisarme through its strap on his saddle and prepares his great composite bow. "Time to Party, Slugbrains!" he roars at the ogres.

Patlin

Explorer
*** End of Combat ***

Rinya and Rowan manage to draw off the two Zombies and lose them in the wood. Eventually, the party is able to regroup.

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
*** End of Combat ***

Rinya and Rowan manage to draw off the two Zombies and lose them in the wood. Eventually, the party is able to regroup.

OOC: Heeeyyy! Rowan was going to try to keep them in range and shoot them up like pincushions. But admittedly, that might be hard to play, and they might even catch him. I'm happy to hand-wave it and give it another shot later. Mounted combat over large areas is tricky to play.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Heeeyyy! Rowan was going to try to keep them in range and shoot them up like pincushions. But admittedly, that might be hard to play, and they might even catch him. I'm happy to hand-wave it and give it another shot later. Mounted combat over large areas is tricky to play.

ooc: Thanks for understanding. It's especially difficult given the thick foliage (providing cover relatively often) and DR. And, most importantly, it would have left most of the other characters twiddling their thumbs waiting to see if you came back alive without much to do -- possibly for a couple of weeks, pbp speed. Can't be having that.

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: Thanks for understanding. It's especially difficult given the thick foliage (providing cover relatively often) and DR. And, most importantly, it would have left most of the other characters twiddling their thumbs waiting to see if you came back alive without much to do -- possibly for a couple of weeks, pbp speed. Can't be having that.

OOC: Yeah. Makes sense. Some day we'll run a solo LEW adventure & be able to do stuff like that. I've been chewing on that...

IC: Rowan eventually returns and finds the rest of the group.

"Damn flesh-droppers. They almost go me, even on my horse. Those things were tough. We didn't even hurt them, and they decimated us. I don't think we should chase 'em down for a rematch. Not until we're all healed, anyway. Got any more of them healin' spells left, Dagobert? That big one nearly took my arm off."

Once the grop settles down they must make some decisions. "Perhaps we should get off this path and pitch camp again. We hunters could try to rustle up some fresh food. They we'll rest to get our strength back. If we live so long, we should set out in pursuit again. If not for those ogre-zombies, then whatever brought them to 'life'".

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Yeah. Makes sense. Some day we'll run a solo LEW adventure & be able to do stuff like that. I've been chewing on that...

ooc: After 14+ months in Clash of Earth and Sea I thought everyone would be so sick of me that 'Heroes Must Rise!' might be a solo adventure. Very flattering that I was very wrong about that!

Heckler

First Post
"Not entirely true, Rowan. We did hurt them, though we clearly came out the worse for it. And getting everyone healthy again should be our top priority. I think the most important thing we learned in that fight, Rowan, is that you and I can lead them where we want them. The question is, where do we want them? Are we better off fighting them in a field? Could we prepare a trap? I don't think we have time to make a pit big enough, but something else, maybe. We could even split them up and handle them one at a time."

Craw Hammerfist

First Post
Killian comes panting up and drops on the ground: "Whew! Thank all that is holy you fleet footed hunters got their attention. In this armor, I wasn't going to stay ahead of them for long, and they would never tire. Did we even manage to scratch them?"

Remove ads